What five pets are you going to take to Draenor?

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: What five pets are you going to take to Draenor?

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Kintsugi wrote:Btw, how do you guys put those thumbnail pics in?
By using the Img button in the reply full editor, and pasting (ctrl v) into it after right-clicking on the photo you want to copy and selecting "copy image URL" or "copy image location", depending on what browser you use:

Code: Select all

[img]http://forums.wow-petopia.com/download/file.php?avatar=6524_1389768347.jpg[/img]
which makes:
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Unread post by Kintsugi »

Thank you! That will be useful :)
Keely43
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Keely43 »

Very hard decision..sadly,all my hunters tame the rare unique-skinned awesome pets :| . But I think I've chosen:

1. Kroshik- My favorite pet,he's the pale new devilsaur model. He fell into my heart when I saw he was honored by a "faction". I also have an irl version of him ;) He's supposed to be the main character in a game I want to create.

2. Glimmer-My red armored water strider,camped him for days always loosing the tracks. I lived in a tiny house near the serpent town/place,NOT the temple. He was just too awesome. Whenever I think of him,a weird vision pops up in my mind...very weird,lol.

3. Skarr- Ohh, Favorite gem cat here,and he shares a relationship with a spirit beast..Took forever to get him. My 2nd Fav..And that brings us to our 4th slot,Ankha,my green spirit kitty and Skarr's Girlfriend^^ Too bad Karkin didn't get to go,he's Skarr's best friend :(

5. Now,I don't believe that we'll be cut off from our world,so this one won't be empty. I'll just think theres a stable master nearby and tame a pet I want :P And this slot goes to.....Chim and Aera! Both heads were named,so its a SUPER long name for him/her..But you know me,I could change the picks out.
Siggy and Avatar under CoNsTrUcTiOn!!

IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME! Just keep waiting.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

http://www.wow-petopia.com/images/skin_ ... andred.jpg - Razz

http://www.wow-petopia.com/images/skin_ ... ngreen.jpg - Nibbles

http://www.wow-petopia.com/images/skin_ ... ngreen.jpg - Ragnar

and my 2 non bm pets:

http://www.wow-petopia.com/images/skin_ ... Orange.jpg - Raezor

http://www.wow-petopia.com/images/skin_ ... nblue2.jpg - Ðex

im kinda scared to pull my special glitched pets out incase they lose it tbh.. i know arena and something else kills their glitched buff.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ziroth wrote:im kinda scared to pull my special glitched pets out incase they lose it tbh.. i know arena and something else kills their glitched buff.
I'm always nervous about that as well. Sometimes I'll use my sha-crocolisk for some questing or dailies, but I can't help wondering if some random freak accident or a mob ability will remove the buff somehow. He definitely spends most of his time safely in my stables, which is a shame.
Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

I always have my Loque'nahak, Kahula with me as she is my main quest/run around pet. I may have one of my Quilen's with me as well though but usually I use Rosenrot (the red Portent) for Dungeons/LFR's. But I will leave the rest empty for taming other pets I find in the new zones. :D
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

I only take 2 with me.
my trusty ghost wolf who has been at my side since tbc and most likely tankish pet.

Keeping the rest of the slots open you never know if your run in to a rare pet :)
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Pets
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by Pets »

That's super difficult because I'm so attached to all of my pets. :P

My list, though, would be this:

1.) Panzer, my Ironhide Devilsaur, because he's been with me since I leveled high enough to tame him.
2.) Oblivion, my Terrorpene, for tanking, of course!
3.) Marticar, my Hexapos, for water walking (the utility!).
4.) Whisperclaw, my Quall, in case I ever get into any PvP environment (disarm is so nice!).
5.) Snow, the Loque'Nahak I hope to tame one day, for soloing harder content. Edit: Just tamed her literally 10 minutes later, woo!!!

For a wild rare pet occurrence, as Malackai mentions, I would probably switch Whisperclaw out from time to time, though I would surely take her if I knew I were to be cut off from the rest of the world.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I'll probably only take one pet! That would be Gwyn, my trusty cat.

If I take any others, it'd probably be Veralidaine, my crane, and Lancelot, my direhorn.

Image Image
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Rentic
Realm: Duskwood

Unread post by Rentic »

Well, I personally, with lore in mind, would think we would bring every pet we had... I mean, going up against an army that seems endless, wouldn't you want every companion you have behind you, charging in with their own fierce roars as you let out a battle cry and lead them in? Letting loose bolt after bolt as they fight there next to you, protecting your every side from the endless masses of Orcs pouring from the portal. Now that is an image I can get behind, but if I had to pick just five...

1. Morrigana, she has been with me for two expansions now and is my right hand companion when I have any doubts... She was originally Loque'Nahak... But after all this time, I just cant part with her as a pet... I have accidentally abandoned her before and had her restored, along with many other trials and pains that she has helped me through and had my back for... To be honest, if I had to pick just one... She would be it...

2. Exile, my Green Azerothian Raptor buddy, he has been with me since level 20 and hasn't let me down since, he doesn't get much sun these days but I can count on him when I bring him out... And he is a survivor of the Wetlands Extinction, gotta give him props for that.

3. Shadow, formerly known as Fallout, has been my pet for a long while... Originally he was a dead wolf, but through my own odd logic, I cured him and he became a black wolf... Azerothian wolf, not a worg of any kind... And though he is close, the above two are closer now... Oddly enough...

4. Poof my Magic Drago-... Black Warp Stalker. Yes, he is a male even if I tamed Gezz to get him... He was a white warpie before he shed his skin and took on a more stealthy look, he is quirky, hilarious, and the oddball of the bunch... And even though the other two above are closer, he may actually make number two on the team since we are visiting his old home.

5. The newest close pet by the name of Frost, he is a Gray(Thinks he's white) Pandaren tiger. Stubborn, pushy, know-it-all, jerk of a tiger... With a big heart... He is trustworthy, and I can count on the big lug, even if at some points he trolls me by pulling more mobs than I think we can handle.

Alright, that is five.. Have so many more I would love to bring but I cant... Still, I will probably only bring two pets, so Morri and either Exile or Poof. ^-^
Take hunting to a whole new level....And then beat said level.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ok, with the new alpha info, this is what I'm thinking now:

ImageImageImageImageImage

Although I love the new core hound ability, I will probably change it out for a dragonfly as soon as possible!
Zreelu
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Zreelu »

My rule for a new expansion has always been just take one pet with me and tame a bunch of new companions!

That being said I will be bringing my favorite pet since vanilla my red hyena Rosco. Tamed him back in scarlet monestary and had to retame him when those guys got turned into hounds.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Zreelu wrote:My rule for a new expansion has always been just take one pet with me and tame a bunch of new companions!

That being said I will be bringing my favorite pet since vanilla my red hyena Rosco. Tamed him back in scarlet monestary and had to retame him when those guys got turned into hounds.
Same as me. I am Taking Odin the MoP white tiger with me, and leaving the other slots empty
Littlemyuu
Realm: Al'akir

Unread post by Littlemyuu »

I'm sure I will take Loque N'hak, Terrorpine and Skoll with me!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I've been thinking about it haaaard and long. And I think for me, my slots would be filled as such:

Panzer (Turtle): He's not only my main tank pet, but he's my main pet *period*. He goes pretty much everywhere with me.
Caliente (Spirit Beast): Any new spirit beasts in WoD are going to be so camped that it wouldn't be worth it to try getting one, so I'll keep my original. Never know when you'll need the healing. At least I *hope* they'll be keeping healing around!
Water Strider (yep, he's still unnamed): In case I need to do any aquatic stuff.
Quilin (also still unnamed): Because we've got a fairly good bond, and battle resses can be helpful.
Either empty slot *OR* Ebonlocke (Worm): Because if a pet needs to be released for taming, it's always, *always* Ebonlocke. And I expect there will be a lot of things that I'll want to tame.

This is subject to change depending on the changes in pets' abilities. But Panzer *will* be in there either way. No matter what special abilities they may give them, Panzer's important to me.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Kurasu wrote:If a pet needs to be released for taming, it's always, *always* Ebonlocke. And I expect there will be a lot of things that I'll want to tame.
Oh yes, that's definitely something to keep in mind as well! Luckily, I've done this a lot with both my Moth and my Water Strider.
Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

Lore-wise... I'm going into WoD as a hunter, so my hunter will be the first character I step through as. She will be taking only two pets with her. Because of story-line reasons. One is Crisis, and the other is Kelros.

This one is the only companion that my Ranger truly trusts. The details are unclear (new character...), but if she's ever with an animal companion, it's usually this one.

Kelros is just a plain old wolf. I've got a story idea in mind that's about as sad and strange as my usual animal tales. Suffice to say, she'll be trading old Kelros for a WoD wolf (Yes yes yes, I've been wanting a new wolf model on that skeleton for ages!).

But for the most part, she'll actually be a loner. o.O

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

For Shuurai:

Image -- Lacuna

Image -- Frika

Image -- Vigil

Image -- Vanu

Fifth slot open for new tames.

For Miyar:

Image -- Shakaku

Image -- Hibashira

Image -- Yuya

Image and Image -- Ikran and Shogun. She'll be swapping between these two, due to leaving the last slot open for potential new tames.

For Dejanira:

Image -- Battra

Image -- Mothra

Image -- Belvera

Image -- Ghidorah

Last slot open for new tames.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Well, after all these new tamable's have been revealed...Most likely just going into WoD with Nanaki, so I can tame all the new beasties.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

As a BM hunter, since blizzard is handicapping me if I use any the other non exotic beasts, I guess I would not bring any non exotic beasts, especially serpents.