Healer changes for WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Healer changes for WoD

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Just thought I would put this here for any healers/pvpers interested in how Blizz is planning to balance out healers this Xpack.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=230104/dev- ... ng-changes

Lots of spells are being removed and many instant casts are getting cast times. Personally I'm rather relived on the pvp front- as healers have become nearly impossible to kill. (Ever go 5v1 on an oom healer in rbgs and still lose the fight?)
I will miss some of my pally and shammy's instant casts but I'm remaining optimistic since they are going to take the new cast times into account for raids and other pve encounters.
Last edited by SylviaDragon on Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Re: Healer changes for WoD

Unread post by Aeladrine »

This actually makes me kinda happy! Healing as a priest do won't seem so stressful (even though I mostly it at lower levels). My problems has always been that every OTHER healing class already has instants when I don't, so tanks just keep running through the dungeon, thinking I can heal them while I run. This should balance things out a bit at lower levels, though I have no idea how it'll affect end game. Maybe I'll actually heal again.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Super excited about this- I've always avoided healing because of the whole "players might die instantly" thing, and I just can't react fast enough. The slowed down system sounds a heck of a lot more fun.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Yeah the more I think about it the more I like this.
I am hearing a lot of complaints from pvpers of course but since everyone is getting a cc nerf I think this will be great. I can't wait to see what happens to my poor neglected priest. I kind of gave up on her because there were just so many spells to memorize for every occasion. learning to heal is a pretty brutal experience since people tend to go form 100% to dead in the blink of an eye.

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

I am very happy about this, they made Healers way too overpowered in MoP, which is what killed a lot of the fun in PvP for me, is because I knew that if I was training a DPS and they were to run to their healer friend, they would get them from 10% to 100% in two-three casts. I am not going to lie, healers in some aspects also ruined parts of MoP because they felt that they were so over-powered, they didn't need to be as attentive to what they were doing. I hope whatever they plan in WoD that their heals are significantly reduced so that way a DPS vs a Healer, the DPS could overcome the healer, because 5v1 against a healer is ridiculous, you don't see ANY DPS in MoP PVP that are able to do that, so why should healers? It should remain as how it did in BC and Wrath where a single DPS could kill a healer without any problems if they knew what they were doing.

That's my two cents.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

I really like that they're making the smart heals a little bit more stupid, since those spells are really just brain dead skills to use. At least now some people will need to pay more attention to who is taking damage and who isn't instead of letting the smart heal do all the job.
ImageImage