Hydras WILL be tameable!!!!!

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Hydras WILL be tameable!!!!!

Unread post by Falcon »

I personally love the Azerothian hydra model with how it is, so I hope they won't change that model to the point where it's unrecognizable. I agree that some of the animations need a little polishing, though.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Falconcrest wrote:I personally love the Azerothian hydra model with how it is, so I hope they won't change that model to the point where it's unrecognizable. I agree that some of the animations need a little polishing, though.
I doubt it'll go that far. Should keep the idle and standard upright posture it currently has. Just the animations need some polishing/reworking. Might also be a good idea to make it slightly bigger than the current size of ghost hydra pets, as I feel the animations will look less ridiculous if it were bigger as well.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Just as long as the heads aren't changed to resemble those of that one boss (I think it was in the Throne of Thunder?). I find those to be ugly as sin, but I know there are people who like them. So if such a change did occur, I'd just sit on the sidelines and be happy for everyone else. :)
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I'm sure if they update the oldworld models it will be updated in the same way our models are being updated. I am kind of hoping they will tweak the fighting animation between the heads as I have been told by many hunters that it can be almost non stop hissing between the three of them. (I stopped using my Silithid tank due to such a problem.)

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Falconcrest wrote:Just as long as the heads aren't changed to resemble those of that one boss (I think it was in the Throne of Thunder?). I find those to be ugly as sin, but I know there are people who like them. So if such a change did occur, I'd just sit on the sidelines and be happy for everyone else. :)
I haven't played WoW in awhile, the only hydra boss I remember that really stuck out to me was from the Cataclysm Blackwing raid. Chimareon, while ugly as sin, has a special place in my heart as a monster that will terrify my enemies. But desires my affection. <3 I'm one of those weird hunters that like pets like that. But I doubt the Hydra's appearance will change (Besides a graphical update, maybe? :3)
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

There is a "hydra" boss in one of the mop raids, but it never shows the body of the beast. its heads just appear from the murky water. I don't think it has an actual body so I doubt Blizz would replace the old world models with it. (although we may see one of the heads in outlands- who knows.) I would like to see the old world hydras updated a bit but I don't think Blizz would dare overhall the overall look of the most sought after beast in the game.

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

SylviaDragon wrote:There is a "hydra" boss in one of the mop raids, but it never shows the body of the beast. its heads just appear from the murky water. I don't think it has an actual body so I doubt Blizz would replace the old world models with it. (although we may see one of the heads in outlands- who knows.) I would like to see the old world hydras updated a bit but I don't think Blizz would dare overhall the overall look of the most sought after beast in the game.

OH YEAH, that thing. I never referred it to being a hydra (even though it is) Because all you ever saw were heads and more heads, and no body to speak of.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

So would Gazrilla(sp) in that Tanaris dungeon be tameable?
I actually find that one quite pretty.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sukurachi wrote:So would Gazrilla(sp) in that Tanaris dungeon be tameable?
I actually find that one quite pretty.
Quite possible she will be, but the same colour is used by the Thessala Hydras in Maraudon.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

*spazzes*

*dies*

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!! :DDDDD

*dances*

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I liked GC myself and found him forthcoming, honest, and 98% correct.
Last edited by Danielfboone on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Danielfboone wrote:
Banard wrote:So basically, first thing Hunters get with GC gone is what we been wanting and asking for years?

Awesome.

and thank you blizz for confirming GC was a ***explicit rant here***
This. I liked GC myself and found him forthcoming, honest, and 98% correct.
Still waiting on my moose, yes moose not a stupid pony. Maybe they will start doing Olympics mini-pets again :headbang: :mrgreen:

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Junrei wrote:Lets not turn this into a GC bashing. This has nothing to do with him.
I quoted the wrong post before. I meant to agree with this one.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Vephriel wrote:
Tilo wrote:Would love to tame...

but it's probably unlikely :(
Chimaeron actually seems to be verified, so you'll likely get your wish. :)
Vephriel wrote:In a response to someone asking him about Chimaeron, Jeremy replied with:
Most base crieterion for tameable bosses is "can you solo it?" Eagerly awaiting hunter videos
Oh really? Well I'd <3 to see a tame video.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Lycanthrope
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune, Cenarion Circle, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lycanthrope »

*wriggles with excitement*

Can't wait to see these lil'guys! I've been dying to get the burgandy one out in the Barrens.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Would be nice if they did the same thing they did with Chromaggus, making a rare model in the old world with the Chimaeron model for hunters from 1-60 to tame.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

About time...I'm not a huge fan of them, maybe if they add new models I will tame one. But great news for anyone that wanted them for so long :)
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Qraljar wrote:Would be nice if they did the same thing they did with Chromaggus, making a rare model in the old world with the Chimaeron model for hunters from 1-60 to tame.

This would be nice but I'm sure with lust, hero, speed potion, elixir, trinket, and current speed to tame beast it should be ok, besides as of right now I am pretty sure BWD can be 2-3manned so would just need a buddy to help kill to, Chimaeron ahh squeee @ taming, oh and I hope ghost hydra is possible too
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Tilo wrote:
Qraljar wrote:Would be nice if they did the same thing they did with Chromaggus, making a rare model in the old world with the Chimaeron model for hunters from 1-60 to tame.

This would be nice but I'm sure with lust, hero, speed potion, elixir, trinket, and current speed to tame beast it should be ok, besides as of right now I am pretty sure BWD can be 2-3manned so would just need a buddy to help kill to, Chimaeron ahh squeee @ taming, oh and I hope ghost hydra is possible too
I think you're forgetting Chimaeron's special attacks that drop your health like a rock. Without a healer, you're kind of screeeeewed

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I think someone on a previous page in the thread already pointed out that with the glyph that cuts tame time to 5 seconds you could just stand at max range and have him before or just after the gets his first hit off. (we also have deterrence and more survivability at lvl 100 to keep in mind.) plus hero/pots/trinket ect.
Of course I only ever fought him once like two years ago so I cant claim to be an expert. just re-quoting what has already been said.
(and personally I love the challenging tames that make you bite your nails. I solo tamed the beast at 70 before his nerf just because I thought it was so much fun. but I assume that for those who just want to be in and out of the raid ASAP there will be a flood of petopians ready to help.)