6.0 Alpha Hunter Patch Notes

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: 6.0 Alpha Hunter Patch Notes

Unread post by Albain »

Well, I did get confirmation from Celestion that they're NOT giving Surv kill command back, in spite of the draenor perk that has them getting a buff for it. Cobra Shot draenor perk buffs Cobra Shot, nobody knows how 'kill command' snuck in there; it's a typo.

And a relieving one!
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

I'm just disappointed my Gorilla will be losing Pummel.

I used Tonka's primate pimpsmack to interrupt casters when my own interrupt shot was on cooldown... now what?
Image Image
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: 6.0 Hunter Patch Notes

Unread post by Azunara »

Castile wrote:*shrug* was expecting a big smack with the stat squish but some classes come off alot worse it seems when I was skimming through the notes.

Azun: No more glowy kings guy for my ret??? CRY! I love that glowy man of awesomeness :(

I KNOW RIGHT

I love my random glowy dude

(Also technically Avenging Wrath is gonna be Ret only as well)
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

So instead of HAVING a big glowing dude, you ARE the big glowing dude.

Still though. NO MORE INQUISITION *throws confetti around*

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Shred not needing to be behind targets? YESPLZ Mangle can go bye bye then!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Ok.. to post some brightness and sunshine in this thread....

All the pet talent removals should mean that those families get pve abilities. Bad for PVP, but I can finally go tame a Gorilla to bring to a raid? Bring it on!

Serpent Sting.. a dot we all had to apply that was auto-applied.. why was that so great? I won't miss it.

Aspect changes are great. We can finally be rid of the derptards that leave Pack on and give us a bad name.

Only thing I'm really wondering about is how MM will work with Arcane being taken away, and MM forced to Aimed Shot as a focus dump. Not sure how that rotation will work in movement heavy fights.

SV is becoming more like an Affliction lock...

Nothing here that I'm gonna cry a river over. And my old sore fingers could use a simpler rotation.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

Even though these are purely alpha notes, I'm a little concerned with the amount of abilities being trimmed. While I can see the argument for being able to bring whatever pet we want to an instance/raid, I hope our pets are not going to become glorified minions, with the only difference being the choice we have. As long as that doesn't happen, I'll be content. Someone mentioned we are getting a bleed? I like what another poster suggested earlier: being able to choose what ability our pets could have. That would let them retain significance to us.

I'm sad to see Serpent Sting and Aspect of the Hawk go, pretty much just because I'm so used to them, but it's fine. We're getting the damage increase back elsewhere. I'm also a bit concerned about the priest notes, but we'll see how it all plays out I suppose. Early days.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Can someone explain what Versatility actually does? I may just be tired but it sounded like pets were getting tanking buffs no matter what spec they are in? Wouldn't that be bad in raids?!

And Flaming Arrows sounds like so much fun....

And I am ridiculously upset over the loss of silthid/shale spider/spider's web ability. Having a silthid tank with that was super handy, they could attack and hold an enemy in place, letting them get a bit more aggro instead of the enemy charging at me right away if I forgot to misdirect instead of attacking.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

These are all rather worrying to me as well, but going to sit on it and see what changes happen. I can't say I like seeing so many of our abilities get tossed out, makes me sad. :( I'm used to change with every new expansion, but this seems rather drastic?
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I've found the best way (well to me at least) of not getting upset or worried is remembering it's not really even in alpha yet. The final product is not going to be here for many months and who knows what will happen! Might be really good stuff :3
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

All I can say for sure is that on a personal level, I am sad that my pets who were really defined heavily around their abilities will be impacted by this change. I absolutely get why the change needs to happen....I just didn't really expect to feel this way when it did.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah. Something about these notes is just making me feel very melancholy, and even though I can recognize the sense and necessity in some of the decisions (while understanding all of this could change at a moment's notice), I don't think there's ever been any major hunter changes that had me feeling so upset. Just going to have to wait and see how it goes I guess. I don't know, I might just not be in the right headspace right now to absorb all this, I'm sure things will work out in the end.
Last edited by Vephriel on Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I am sad about the loss of webs as well, although I have to admit I favored my spirit beast for pvp and most soloing encounters that didn't warrant a shell shield so I think I will be able to adapt.
I really like the idea mentioned about choosing what buffs your pet has. On one side it would remove a lot of the uniqueness of a pet/family, but I think it would balance things out with the large amount of rarely used families that could then be justified as viable raid/pvp pets. There are tons of pets I simply love but can not really justify using for anything other than low risk questing and camping since they don't offer good perks. (I wanted to bring my pink crane, Doughnut on more adventures but his abilities are impractical when I could bring a spirit beast/snake/core hound.)
I think that if this suggestion ever happened, Bm should still get to choose one more buff than the other two specs or remain the only class that can unlock "special" abilities. (ie ancient hysteria) that way bm can keep its pet dependent perks (as they should) but open up possibilities for low level hunters to tame exotics without it making them low level gods. I wouldn't even be apposed to letting non-bm hunters tame exotics so they could enjoy the look of the pet, since the exotic skill could still only be unlocked by the BM spec. (I have stuck with BM because after all the trouble I went through to get my spirit beats, chimeras and Chromaggus, I cant bring myself to leave them.)
Has anyone asked about/suggested this to blizz? I like it.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

•Glyph of Play Dead - Your pet also plays dead when you use Feign Death.

Lots of fun to be had!!!

<3

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Okay, that is quite an awesome glyph - also useful! We never have to leave our pets to die again! Unless of course when we stop feigning, they stop feigning, and they get attacked again....

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Saiya the Lotus
Realm: Lightbringer-US , MoonGuard-US

Unread post by Saiya the Lotus »

Just remember folks...This is alpha, Things can and will change on a weekly basis..so stop all this doom and gloom....This is my forth expansion and i have changed and adapted over time...

I find that herbalism and mining changes to be fairly good for leveling professions

I'm trying to wrap my head around warlock changes

I may get a Owl for my hunters...So many cool skins but they had a situational ability
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Hahaha silly me, now I feel dumb. I have been away from this game too long. I confused distracting shot with Misdirect. xD I still use distracting shot but I will be ok with it being removed- for a while I thought they were cutting MD.
Still not thrilled about serpent sting- but we are getting some kind of bleed, right?
I also feel for the surv hunters losing their finisher, but after another look I think I will be staying bm so that's something I will not personally have to worry about... I hope.>.>
Hunters mark was good for pvp so that will be missed. wished it was baked into our main shot.
Going to *really* miss my ccs but everyone is having those removed so I wont throw a fit. Don't know what it will do to soloing though.
I think the only really *big* thing left that still bothers me is the removal of rapid fire.
I think I'm a little more accepting of most of this now. still a little iffy, and from what I have seen the hunters have made the biggest fuss over changes, but I'm becoming more optimistic.
(and like I said before I'm excited about the new possibilities with pets.)

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Distracting shot, with the Glyph that accompanies it, is great! it's like an extra Misdirection.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Lupen202 wrote:•Glyph of Play Dead - Your pet also plays dead when you use Feign Death.

Lots of fun to be had!!!

<3
If that's real, it's a must have.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Loving more of the new changes as we see them!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine