6.0 Alpha Hunter Patch Notes

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Re: 6.0 Alpha Hunter Patch Notes

Unread post by Divixon »

blizz hates us alot this xpack >.>
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I got a topic about the newest build. I made it a separate topic so all classes can discuss changes. Overall, the latest build, for hunters, is just rewording mostly.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Thanøs
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Thanøs »

Junrei wrote:I got a topic about the newest build. I made it a separate topic so all classes can discuss changes. Overall, the latest build, for hunters, is just rewording mostly.
Mostly.. except hidden in some rewording is buffs or nerfs

kill shot is now spamable so long as target is blow 20%, no 6 second wait and has a heal to boot

invigorating causes auto shot crits to give focus as well now

There was a 15% nerf to careful aim crit strike chance buff

chimera shot was buffed to 225% from 190% weapon damage, heal was removed

Bestial wrath sees a 10% nerf to hunter dmg but offers 50% focus reduction in exchange.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Thanøs wrote:
Junrei wrote:I got a topic about the newest build. I made it a separate topic so all classes can discuss changes. Overall, the latest build, for hunters, is just rewording mostly.

kill shot is now spamable so long as target is blow 20%, no 6 second wait and has a heal to boot

Bestial wrath sees a 10% nerf to hunter dmg but offers 50% focus reduction in exchange.
There was a blue post saying to take those with an extreme grain of salt. and I second that motion. Don't get alarmed or anything.

LisaaraPokefarm

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

The OP needs to be updated. :| :mrgreen:

Thanøs
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Thanøs »

Junrei wrote:
Thanøs wrote:

There was a blue post saying to take those with an extreme grain of salt. and I second that motion. Don't get alarmed or anything.

True but all those seem reasonable. The kill shot change is amazing, and makes sense seeing as they acknowledged the clunkiness and issues with the 6 second cd on the reset
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I hope that goes live cause yeah it is. I'll take a small nerf to gain much more.

LisaaraPokefarm

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I'm not so sure that a spammable kill shot change would be good. It would mean it likely would get a focus cost, I can't see focus being irrelevant for 35% of a boss fight. The clunkiness could be resolved halfway if they gave it two charges with a 6 second refresh. For a long fight, you'd have the same rate of kill shots (without needing to give it a focus cost), and for something like pvp or a short fight, you'd still be able to shoot twice.
Thanøs
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Thanøs »

Xota wrote:I'm not so sure that a spammable kill shot change would be good. It would mean it likely would get a focus cost, I can't see focus being irrelevant for 35% of a boss fight. The clunkiness could be resolved halfway if they gave it two charges with a 6 second refresh. For a long fight, you'd have the same rate of kill shots (without needing to give it a focus cost), and for something like pvp or a short fight, you'd still be able to shoot twice.
At this item no focus cost and its only at sub 20% that kill shot is active.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Thanøs wrote:
Xota wrote:I'm not so sure that a spammable kill shot change would be good. It would mean it likely would get a focus cost, I can't see focus being irrelevant for 35% of a boss fight. The clunkiness could be resolved halfway if they gave it two charges with a 6 second refresh. For a long fight, you'd have the same rate of kill shots (without needing to give it a focus cost), and for something like pvp or a short fight, you'd still be able to shoot twice.
^ This. It's like a warriors Execute, basically, which they can spam it even at 30 rage(which will change to 20 range but can consume up to 40 to increase the damage).

LisaaraPokefarm

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Thanøs wrote:
Sub 35% with perk. And my point is that while it currently has no focus cost, it would likely get one. The 6-10 second cooldown is what limits its use now. Without that limit, the devs would have to add another limit, which could be giving it a focus cost. Or making it inferior to your normal rotation, or a combination of the both (something similar Junrei's analogy with execute. It could burn extra focus for extra damage, but at the low end of the focus cost, it'd be inferior to arcane shot).

No matter what changes, I am certain they won't make focus irrelevant for over a third of a boss fight.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPS8rafDt9k

I wish we have pixie wings like Druid's. Leather wearers and Shamans always get the best stuff.
Thanøs
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Thanøs »

pop wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPS8rafDt9k

I wish we have pixie wings like Druid's. Leather wearers and Shamans always get the best stuff.
That is just normal and heroic we've not seen mythic yet.

I got my hopes up for Rylak wings...
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Ahh. I liked Kill Shot on my Survival hunter. Survival and kill shot seemed a good mix. Oh well. Losing Widows venom? Not too bad, but if use that in PvP if I happen to see a healer, or anyone on the opposing team being healed. I could do without it, but I'll probably go BM permanently now. Not just for Rylaks, but kill shot. I guess I could 'rp' going back into BM...otherwise, I'll feel like I'm changing and the hunter isn't my hunter anymore. I've got ideas, so I should think on it. I never used lynx rush, so stampede becoming a talent isn't too bad. As long as I still feel as if my hunter is my hunter, the changes aren't too bad. I never paid much attention to family abilities, so the changes don't affect me. I do understand that these changes will affect quite a few hunters.
I guess that Krysteena was BM and completely in tune with her pets, but when she went into raiding, her bond with her pets was weakened. She needed onto to survive, hence the reason she went into survival. In Draenor, she's never faced such challenges. She's unable to cope and this turns back to BM. (Here, she'll meet one of those flashy wolves) Draenor reunites her with her pets and she realises that survival was a mistake.
Done. I can now accept going into BM again. Not until the expac hits. So I can go a little deeper into detail as I have plenty of time :D a lil off topic at the end, I know. Ohh there's so many possibilites that could happen when she goes to Draenor!
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Running mm on beta right now because the pets are still so buggy. It feels fine at this point, but of course my cloak is killing half the stuff.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Slickrock wrote:Running mm on beta right now because the pets are still so buggy. It feels fine at this point, but of course my cloak is killing half the stuff.
I noticed this too. My main is horde at 560 ilvl and I had zero problem in Frostfire. I made a premade 90 starting at 500 ilvl and it feels completely different to me.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Indeed, copied geared toons make the game feel completely different! Stuff just melts in front of you.

As an aside, I'll be interested to see how quickly we'll be replacing gear once we get outside the starting zones, because the starting zone gear so far seems fairly useless to anyone who has gathered Timeless pieces, and anyone can do that. I don't know the figures, but I assume most probably have that gear or better on the first couple of toons they'll be exploring Draenor on. But it's early and the gear may not be balanced yet, either.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Wain wrote:Indeed, copied geared toons make the game feel completely different! Stuff just melts in front of you.

As an aside, I'll be interested to see how quickly we'll be replacing gear once we get outside the starting zones, because the starting zone gear so far seems fairly useless to anyone who has gathered Timeless pieces, and anyone can do that. I don't know the figures, but I assume most probably have that gear or better on the first couple of toons they'll be exploring Draenor on. But it's early and the gear may not be balanced yet, either.
Well, a fresh boost is ~496 gear once they get Timeless Isle.. Quest blues in Draenor at the lvl 91 range are ~516 ilvl.. and raiders will be hitting Draenor in ilvl ~570+. But, some of the profession crafted gear is in the ~630 ilvl range.

So what it boils down to is that geared raiders will be plowing through more of Draenor than they did Panderia, but, they'll still likely be replacing it all by lvl 100.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

As for difficulty, toons that are leveling will enter Draenor around 420-430 from questing in Dread Wastes. The intro zones have got to accommodate them.

As for gear, I could see some very high ilevel keeping a few pieces of their gear into Heroics. Things like set bonuses or trinkets. I saw some DS trinkets at 90 in MoP.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

'Traps" are apparently no longer a flyout. I reported it as a bug because I REALLY don't want to go back to the bad old days of having to use four toolbar spaces for traps when they used to take one.

Given that they undid the aspect bar too... they took away some legit skills only to make our bars even CLUNKIER with spells that used to be much better compacted. It's kind of infuriating.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket