6.0 Alpha Hunter Patch Notes

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Re: 6.0 Alpha Hunter Patch Notes

Unread post by Xella »

Kayro wrote:Point of this is...BM means beast mastery. They are the masters of the beasts. Their beasts can deal damage out nice and quick. So why have the other two specs gained one of our few unique abilities? I know that in survival and marksman your pet seems less useful! but I reckon I'm gonna have to go survival again if I wanna be any good in PvE, which is the direction I'm planning on going for Draenor. Last year in school, I wanna have something to do when I'm not studying.
They haven't. Kill Command is not available to non-BM hunters on the beta servers, nor has Blizzard actually said anything about giving it to them (at least that I've seen/heard—and I can't imagine they would unless they were going to get rid of Lone Wolf. Can you imagine getting an ability added to your baseline rotation that automatically invalidates one of your talent options, in addition to all the other talent choices and utility stuff you give up that people are already cranky about?). The only thing I've seen about Survival/Marksman and Kill Command was datamining done by MMO-Champion, and that was ENTIRELY tooltip stuff (the damage displayed on tooltips for abilities is based on your current spec, so when you're survival and you go look at the tab for BM abilities, the damage KC lists is different than when you're actually BM and you go look at the KC tooltip.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Xella wrote:
Kayro wrote:Point of this is...BM means beast mastery. They are the masters of the beasts. Their beasts can deal damage out nice and quick. So why have the other two specs gained one of our few unique abilities? I know that in survival and marksman your pet seems less useful! but I reckon I'm gonna have to go survival again if I wanna be any good in PvE, which is the direction I'm planning on going for Draenor. Last year in school, I wanna have something to do when I'm not studying.
They haven't. Kill Command is not available to non-BM hunters on the beta servers, nor has Blizzard actually said anything about giving it to them (at least that I've seen/heard—and I can't imagine they would unless they were going to get rid of Lone Wolf. Can you imagine getting an ability added to your baseline rotation that automatically invalidates one of your talent options, in addition to all the other talent choices and utility stuff you give up that people are already cranky about?). The only thing I've seen about Survival/Marksman and Kill Command was datamining done by MMO-Champion, and that was ENTIRELY tooltip stuff (the damage displayed on tooltips for abilities is based on your current spec, so when you're survival and you go look at the tab for BM abilities, the damage KC lists is different than when you're actually BM and you go look at the KC tooltip.
So you mean I can stop panicking now? Good good :) I reckon I should read a bit more carefully next time *sigh* panic over. SV and mm aren't being given kill command.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

So I decided to poke around on my hunter again over the weekend. I copied him over with his updated gear and poked around for a little while. It was enjoyable, but I'm still not sure how his performance compares to the live servers.

Is there currently any feel for which of the specs is performing the best? At this point, I'm strongly considering going back to my hunter as my raiding main, even though my shaman is far far better geared.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Sooooo here's how hunters lie in current WoD tuning. That is to say 'universally sucky and abysmal'. I know it's "still beta" but 6.0 is dropping in the next week or two and I doubt they'll fix this before then.

Be aware you're gonna end up on the bottom of the meters for an undetermined period of time, I guess.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Hunters usually are at the bottom at the start of an expansion but end up way up at the top at the end of one.

Honestly, I don't care about meters much. Long as I pull my weight in a raid and Im having fun, who cares?

Also those meters are kinda old, if I recall. That was from a few months ago, wasn't it? They've made a lot of tweaks since then.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I don't know, it just showed up on my tumblr today.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

i just remember seeing it on facebook a couple months ago in a WoW group I'm in.

LisaaraPokefarm

Saiya the Lotus
Realm: Lightbringer-US , MoonGuard-US

Unread post by Saiya the Lotus »

Nachtwulf wrote:Image

Sooooo here's how hunters lie in current WoD tuning. That is to say 'universally sucky and abysmal'. I know it's "still beta" but 6.0 is dropping in the next week or two and I doubt they'll fix this before then.

Be aware you're gonna end up on the bottom of the meters for an undetermined period of time, I guess.
Simulations....you are looking at simulations and coming to that....[SNIP]....Simulations only tell what happens in optimal unrealistic circumstances....
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

This is the "newer" one. But theres been even more tuning since and I definitely wouldn't take any simulations too seriously at this point. At any rate, I love being a hunter too much to main as any other class.. If I'm a bit lower on the charts than usual for awhile so be it. Might have to try out MM again this expac though. Haven't played MM since Firelands...

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/T1 ... id-summary

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Saiya, lets refrain from calling anyone names. That's not necessary and we're better than that.

That said, Simulations should be taken with a HUGE grain of salt.

LisaaraPokefarm

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

The latest sims as of a few days ago still show BM and SV at the bottom of the pack. (Holy priest dps is only 5k behind BM O.o )

The sims also show MM beling low to start but scaling incredibly well with th T17 set, and just touching the top third of the rankings.

I've done some testing in beta with my own toons with my own rotations and my destro lock and frost DK soundly trounce my better geared BM hunter.

Unless we get some more changes, which I don't think we will see until WoD, hunters will be hurting in raiding situations.

If I wasn't the only hunter on my raid team as we head into WoD, I'd consider my lock instead, but we have 2 of those already.

TL:DR:

If you don't raid, don't worry.
If you raid, study up on MM.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

;-; I was thinking hunters would be powerful this expac. I was looking at the pet buff changes and the new talents and thinking "Yes, I'm going to wreck everything in PvP" but alas, my dreams have been crushed. I don't like MM, and I was intending to start raiding soon. Perhaps not, as it seems even our best raiding hunter is going to have a hard time pulling out amazing DPS.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I don't like Marks either. It's so slow and boring to me. I'll probably just keep playing my hunter but raid on my lock or something, I dunno.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Or better yet...here's much better advice....

If you hardcore raid, study up on MM.
If you raid casually, play whatever you want cause no one cares that much.

:P

LisaaraPokefarm

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Lupen202 wrote:This is the "newer" one. But theres been even more tuning since and I definitely wouldn't take any simulations too seriously at this point. At any rate, I love being a hunter too much to main as any other class.. If I'm a bit lower on the charts than usual for awhile so be it. Might have to try out MM again this expac though. Haven't played MM since Firelands...

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/T1 ... id-summary
Anyone got a new link? This one doesn't work anymore.

LisaaraPokefarm

Slickrock

Junrei wrote:Or better yet...here's much better advice....

If you hardcore raid, study up on MM.
If you raid casually, play whatever you want cause no one cares that much.

:P

That's fair too.

In my raid team, I could certainly raid BM if I really wanted to, but, I would feel bad If I knew I was leaving 20 percent or more on the table. (I'm also the dps officer..). Not a hardcore raid team, but we do expect best effort.

My other beef with BM is they removed things like Rapid Fire, and kept crap like Focus Fire. And then there's the pet glyph nerf...
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

My team doesn't care long as you're doing your best and not dying to stupid stuff repeatedly.

LisaaraPokefarm

Slickrock

564x627.png.381dbff3cdb545ac806bb735e07c8212.large.png
564x627.png.381dbff3cdb545ac806bb735e07c8212.large.png (219 KiB) Viewed 11896 times
Here's the supposedly latest.

MM is a lot better later on..

BzbRsGDIQAIFAf9.png
BzbRsGDIQAIFAf9.png (322.17 KiB) Viewed 11896 times
Saiya the Lotus
Realm: Lightbringer-US , MoonGuard-US

Unread post by Saiya the Lotus »

Junrei wrote:Saiya, lets refrain from calling anyone names. That's not necessary and we're better than that.

That said, Simulations should be taken with a HUGE grain of salt.
I'm sorry, i was a little irritated when i posted that...I don't raid on my Hunter so that is a little meaningless to me, However i would raid on my warlock
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

It's alright! Understandable. It happens!

Either way, simulations for any class should be taken with a huge grain of salt and overall, it's best to just play what you want. :)

LisaaraPokefarm