6.0 Alpha Hunter Patch Notes

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: 6.0 Alpha Hunter Patch Notes

Unread post by Xota »

The non-engineering loot-a-rang turns glyph of fetch into a "save a bag space" glyph, so that makes minor glyphs just a little less interesting. For pve I use larger misdirection (which was great when grub worms were big, I turned Ohmu into a bus), no push-back on revive pet, and fetch. For pvp, I use smaller pet, aspect of the beast (which I don't even use), and fetch. I expect I'll use play dead when wipey raids.

I'd like to see a hunter version of the 'head hunter' minor glyph, which would replace glaive toss, powershot, and barrage with thrown weapons (like axes, polearms, and well throwing weapons). Or maybe one that changes camouflage to cover you in leaves and branches instead of going all shiny. And while I'm dreaming, I too would like EotB back.
Lycanthrope
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune, Cenarion Circle, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lycanthrope »

I would love EotB back too Xota. :S

One can dream... One can dream!
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Most of the stuff on MMOC's update we already knew but it seems that 'party buff' pet abilities are being changed into auras rather than being cast by the pet when combat is engaged and then falling off. (haste, mastery, crit)

Somewhat handier.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

Reading some of the notes on MMO from today makes me pretty excited about the changes on hunters. At first I was a bit on the iffy side, but I actually like a lot of what I am seeing, also OMFG HIPPOS! WE GET HIPPOS! /squee
Lycanthrope
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune, Cenarion Circle, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lycanthrope »

Raiyen wrote:Reading some of the notes on MMO from today makes me pretty excited about the changes on hunters. At first I was a bit on the iffy side, but I actually like a lot of what I am seeing, also OMFG HIPPOS! WE GET HIPPOS! /squee
I still dislike seeing them take away Serpent Sting, but eh, I want to see what happens in Beta first before I make my judgement on pre-ordering (when it rolls around). :P

And yes, we get hippos! 8D
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I admit, I REALLY like the pet ability changes. Yeah, some of the abilities were nice in some circumstances, but really... giving things like BRez and other useful utility skills to non-exotic pets, and taking away some of the really godawful ones (BASILISKS. ARGH. BANISH SO USELESS) that I pretty much can't wait for this to happen.

I -AM- hoping that they drop the requirements on exotics from being a 69-only skill buuuutttt...eh. Guess we'll see.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

new patch notes on mmo-champ. apart from the stuff they said they'd do before. looks like we might get something interesting at 100 instead of just fiery arrows.

copy'd
Exotic Munitions (New) Allows you to modify your ranged weapon to use exotic munitions: Incendiary Ammo Arms your ranged weapon with exotic ammunition that lasts for 60 min. Each autoshot deals 20% additional weapon damage as Fire to all enemies within 8 yards of the initial target. Poisoned Ammo Arms your ranged weapon with exotic ammunition that lasts for 60 min. Each autoshot deals 0 additional Nature damage over 16 sec. When this effect is refreshed, the remaining damage will be added to the new effect. Frozen Ammo Arms your ranged weapon with exotic ammunition that lasts for 60 min. Each autoshot deals 40% additional weapon damage as Frost and reduces the target's movement speed by 50% for 8 sec. Only one exotic munition can be active at one time. Hunter - LvL 0 Talent.
I don't see a cooldown (yet), so i'm guessing ammo twisting will be a thing on certain fights?
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Almost sounds like rogues poison or shaman weapon effects....could be very interesting though! The time limit is probably just an applied thing.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Nachtwulf wrote:I admit, I REALLY like the pet ability changes. Yeah, some of the abilities were nice in some circumstances, but really... giving things like BRez and other useful utility skills to non-exotic pets,

I have not read these notes as I tend not to but hearing that non exotics will be getting a brez is really neat! I'm 100% a MM hunter so that makes me happy.
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Each Hunter specialization received a revision to the burst-damage-cooldowns they have access to. All specializations now have one burst-damage-cooldown available baseline, and can add to that through talent choices.

Beast Mastery Hunters retain Bestial Wrath. Rapid Fire is a good fit for Marksmanship, and we improved it. For Survival, we wanted to both increase the prominence of their traps, and give them a new damage cooldown. So, a new trap called Bear Trap has been created to fit that role. Note that Bear Trap's base cooldown can be reduced by other passive abilities and perks, such that it has roughly a 2 minute-cooldown afterwards.

Bear Trap is a new ability for Survival Hunters.
Bear Trap places a trap with duration of 1 minute that immobilizes the first enemy that triggers it for 8 seconds and deals heavy bleed damage over 20 seconds. Damage from other sources may break the immobilization effect. The ability has a 4 minute cooldown.
I really hope we dont have to drop the trap like we do with normal traps that is going to be a pain.

Both BM and MM just need to push their cd and then just unload and surv has to to aim and launch a trap and just hope the tank/mobs don't decide to move away before the trap lands?
not to mention the cd for BM and MM will work on all targets and surv will only work on the targets you drop the trap on.

I dont know but atm this feels like a very underwhelming/ limited clunky raid cd atm for surv
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Bear trap makes me wonder if the removal of arming time ALSO means that the visual launching of the trap will be just that: a visual, and not necessarily tied to the activation. There's not very many abilities whose travel time is entirely visual, but there are SOME and I wonder if bear trap's gonna have to be one of them.

That said,
Xella: man I know that like
Xella: bear traps are a legit thing
Xella: but every time I hear them talk about it I just imagine bears coming out of the trap to eat the victim
Xella: because felbear
Naha: Haha me too
Naha: [expletive] felbears
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

woah that ammo thing sounds sweet. the nature damage one helps me feel better about serpent sting and I am borderline giddy about using the frost one for pvp. (ever kited a warrior before? no? that's because its impossible. >:P)
Also the fire one looks like a nice increase in aoe damage. hunter aoe has felt lacking from time to time. Its a shame barrage is such a death trap to use but this looks cool. It sounds a lot like rouge poisons to me. I kind of wondered why our arrows didn't have options like this before so I am quite happy.

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I really like that exotic munitions one but maybe it shouldn't be available to SV or be available in a reduced form. Having these different types of ammo has been something they have hinted at before but never implemented. Hopefully, they figure out how to make it work in WoD. It sounds really good.

I just looked through everything I could find on the patch notes and find no mention of this munitions thing. Where was it seen?
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I dunno if this was just looked over, but...
May 23-
Distracting Shot has been removed.

AKA, they decided to keep it after all.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Equeon wrote:I dunno if this was just looked over, but...
May 23-
Distracting Shot has been removed.

AKA, they decided to keep it after all.
Woot, half the time its the only way I can tame things, people can be jerks. :mrgreen:

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Raid Utility Balance
Hunter
A minor Raid utility ability (to-be-determined) will be added for Hunters.

This pleases me.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

pop wrote:Raid Utility Balance
Hunter
A minor Raid utility ability (to-be-determined) will be added for Hunters.

This pleases me.
Wonder if they are referring to Distracting Shot as "minor raid utility" since they decided to not remove it? The TBD makes me think not but anymore I can't tell.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I do not like that I'll have to choose between Exotic Munitions and Versatility as BM. For the other two specs it looks like the way to go.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Danielfboone wrote:I do not like that I'll have to choose between Exotic Munitions and Versatility as BM. For the other two specs it looks like the way to go.
Agreed, hence why I rather "Versatility' replaces blink in the same tier as Stampede and Murder of Crow and Blink made into a class-wide spell.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

WHY IS THE CM RANGED WEAPON A GUN
One of our character artists is working on a bow literally as I type.

*pilfered off MMOC, not my question. I don't type in all caps. Usually. XD*