6.0 Alpha Hunter Patch Notes

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: 6.0 Alpha Hunter Patch Notes

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Xella wrote:I'd drop my MD embiggening glyph in a heartbeat, haha. Heck, I'd drop the MD embiggening glyph AND the revive pet glyph, since I'm really just using both of those for lack of any other appealing minor glyph options :x
What about Glyph of Fetch? That one is pretty good and quite useful if you happen to kill something you can't reach but your pet can, like on a near vertical slope for example.
ImageImage
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:
Xella wrote:I'd drop my MD embiggening glyph in a heartbeat, haha. Heck, I'd drop the MD embiggening glyph AND the revive pet glyph, since I'm really just using both of those for lack of any other appealing minor glyph options :x
What about Glyph of Fetch? That one is pretty good and quite useful if you happen to kill something you can't reach but your pet can, like on a near vertical slope for example.
It came in handy for me a couple weeks ago when I killed something in mid-air and the corpse sort of glitched and stayed up there. I couldn't loot it even while standing beneath it, but I tried Fetch and somehow my pet got it anyways. :)
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Fetch can be awful buggy in my experience, but I've used it to grab loot out from under Flagged Jerks crowding a rare kill on TI.

Hunters need more appealing minor glyphs, though, we really do. Most of ours are so lame compared to summoning sha or leaving fire trails around the place. Most of our minors actually seem to make us LESS interesting (shrinking your pet, making your stampede all the same) or else are really trivial (Aspects, I mean, how often do you REALLY change aspects?) ... I don't get it, really.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Vephriel

Yeah, our minor glyphs are pretty disappointing. :( I've been playing some alts lately and other classes have so many fun options!
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Riddle me this they said they got rid of EotB because of button bloat but gave us a minor glyph that gives us the ability to shoot fireworks, adding a useless button no one asked for. The logic of people amazes me sometimes. :lol: :mrgreen:

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

EotB probably wasn't button bloat, it was probably some PVP-related exploit that they aren't talking about because (at the time) they didn't want people to know about how to do it. Either that or something to do with piloting a stealthed cat being too powerful in lowbie PVP.

Either way I'm sure it had more to do with PVP than button bloat.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Vephriel

They actually came out and said that the core coding behind EotB was accidentally deleted (something along those lines) which makes it hard for them to reimplement, and I think they might have mentioned regretting removing it, but it still sounded pretty unsure if we'd see it again. :( *sigh* I miss that ability more than any other we've lost to be honest.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Vephriel wrote:They actually came out and said that the core coding behind EotB was accidentally deleted (something along those lines) which makes it hard for them to reimplement, and I think they might have mentioned regretting removing it, but it still sounded pretty unsure if we'd see it again. :( *sigh* I miss that ability more than any other we've lost to be honest.
I was just on my lock, but I cannot recall the spell names. 'Locks have an EotB ability with that little hovering eye. How is the coding from that so different from EotB that they cannot reconstruct EotB?
Vephriel

Ahh the Eye of Kilrogg. I have no idea about the technical side of things, it sounded weird to me too. I don't really understand why they couldn't write it again but...I'm not a coder. :lol:
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I STILL think it's PVP related. Whenever they pull something, that's what it is like 90% of the time. And if they admit it, if they DO reimplement it, then everyone will know what it is.

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

In reguards to EotB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1voYAyRxyfo not a PvP issue and they did take it out right before Cata along with a lot of other skills. :mrgreen:

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

The difference is that Eye of Kilrogg doesn't have any attacks while EotB replaced our action bar with what our pets had on their action bar. To be quite honest they can very easily put the spell back in the game using the WotLK vehicule (not sure of the spelling?) system, just like how we control drakes while fighting Malygos, or the first part of Ulduar up to the first boss.

Why wouldn't they do it I'm also thinking it has to do with PVP. I remember that video on YouTube of an Orc in Westfall who tamed a low level Boar and used it to act like it was a Rare spawn or a Quest mod, to force unflagged players to flag themselves attacking it, and then he'd come out of hidding to one shot them.

It can't really be reproduced now since our pets auto level to our current level, but it might still be used to do the same thing, which is why I'm sure they don't want it back in the game.
ImageImage
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:The difference is that Eye of Kilrogg doesn't have any attacks while EotB replaced our action bar with what our pets had on their action bar. To be quite honest they can very easily put the spell back in the game using the WotLK vehicule (not sure of the spelling?) system, just like how we control drakes while fighting Malygos, or the first part of Ulduar up to the first boss.

Why wouldn't they do it I'm also thinking it has to do with PVP. I remember that video on YouTube of an Orc in Westfall who tamed a low level Boar and used it to act like it was a Rare spawn or a Quest mod, to force unflagged players to flag themselves attacking it, and then he'd come out of hidding to one shot them.

It can't really be reproduced now since our pets auto level to our current level, but it might still be used to do the same thing, which is why I'm sure they don't want it back in the game.
Watch the youtube video I linked. :| :mrgreen:

Kööna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin - US

Unread post by Kööna »

Oh....What? =//
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Rawr wrote:Watch the youtube video I linked. :| :mrgreen:
Which I don't believe one bit. With all those illegal Vanilla WoW servers floating around they can go back and get that coding back from those with great ease. They also surely have the Vanilla CDs where said coding is in too.
ImageImage
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I loooooove glyph of fetch, when killing things at ranged and in different areas, I run one way, pet runs the other, we loot and carry on shooting and looting, such a time saver. That and I'm lazy to run all over the dam place to find loot. *Click* and off my pet scampers to loot I didn't even know I had :D <3 <3 <3 it!

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

Glyph of Play Dead

Your pet also plays dead when you use Feign Death.

^ getting excited tbh. who else would get that and stuff arround watching your pet copy you?
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:
Which I don't believe one bit. With all those illegal Vanilla WoW servers floating around they can go back and get that coding back from those with great ease. They also surely have the Vanilla CDs where said coding is in too.
Get the code? yes. The problem is they pruned out a whole tree of code, and they would have to rengineer things to put the code back in. It's gone.

It's like removing an bathroom from a house and then trying to add the shower back in.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Slickrock wrote:
Shinryu Masaki wrote:
Get the code? yes. The problem is they pruned out a whole tree of code, and they would have to rengineer things to put the code back in. It's gone.

It's like removing an bathroom from a house and then trying to add the shower back in.
Slick is right getting the old code wouldn't be a problem but getting it to work now would. I'm guessing the old code was something like 500+ lines (atleast) you would have to go through and change any ref., ID, names, labels, vars, ect that has changed scenes the code it was dependent on has changed all those things (pets have changed in many ways sense they took EotB out this is how I know). So really it has to do with time and effort more than anything else. They most likely would just re write the whole thing as that can sometimes be easier that fixing old code. :mrgreen:

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Oh yeah, Fetch is basically indispensable (well, unless you're an engineer or if the new loot-a-rang gets usable by everybody, then it's a glyph slot vs. a bag slot choice). The other two slots I can take or leave, though. Compare it to my druid, where I desperately wish I could put a minor glyph in a major slot because I have four minors I'd love to use but only 1-2 majors I care about. If the Stampede minor stays in (and as an outsider I don't see why it wouldn't since it's already in the game) that sort of negates the whole "well we don't really want to glyph talents" argument that I don't think anyone has ACTUALLY made but which I always figured was the reason why something like Glyph of Dire Friends wasn't even talked about in passing anywhere.

I'm a bit conflicted about Play Dead; it sounds AMAZING for raiding (sometimes dismissing my pet before feigning gets me killed) and for some soloing, but for other applications I can see it getting incredibly frustrating. Picture: farming Arch-Priests up at the Sanctuary or on Three-Breeze Terrace on Timeless Isle for their stupid-fast yak item. You mess up Move-To on a golem spawn and your pet dies, but you pull off a res. You go to feign aggro back onto your pet and... forgot you had Play Dead on and your Arch Priest resets at 15% health.

That said, I'm one of those people who aren't very fond of changing glyphs on a per-fight basis (unless a specific glyph/talent is flat-out detrimental on a fight, e.g. Megaera and Lynx Rush) so whatever I'd run with for raiding is also what I'd run with for soloing. It's why I'm not thrilled about Lone Wolf (not having a pet for soloing seems... not so great) and why I'm not a fan of Focusing Shot (I'm a very defensive/conservative raider and restricting my movement means that I'll lose a lot more dps than I need to just to be sure that I'm not standing in fire) and is why I'm glad that Bola Shot is no longer the third option (I tried raiding as a fire mage once, all of living bomb's broken CC made me feel guilty as heck). I hope that Flaming Shots works out to be a solid option (especially for Survival, which seems more and more likely to keep being my favoured spec) but even if it's really bad it's the best personal option for me and I'll fight my guild leader to the pain if he tries to make me take something else, haha.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.