Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
User avatar
Mindsprocket
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:26 am
Location: Germany

Re: Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by Mindsprocket » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:32 am

Oh, right. Derp. :roll: Why did I include that with Kings? Anyway, fixed it.

Image

Lok'tar ogar!


User avatar
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2805
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 am
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by Nachtwulf » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:41 am

So I tamed a cat in the Barrens (Echeyakee) at 15, and he has no mastery buff to give. I tried a different cat and still no dice. The gazelle I tamed had no Grace either. But the bat I tamed in Tirisfal grants its multistrike bonus below 20 and the tallstrider my new tauren started with gave mastery from the get-go.

I am confuz, but someone needs to seriously make a consistency pass.

Also, BASILISKS STILL HAVE NO FAMILY SKILL it makes me sad. Give them back their multistrike! I want a multistrike pet that isn't a) flappy or b) exotic!

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket


User avatar
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2805
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 am
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by Nachtwulf » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:26 am

Family skills are all kinds of screwed up right now.

I rolled a tauren hunter after the patch. She started with a Tallstrider (mastery buff) which the pet did indeed cast starting at Lv1. I tamed a tallstrider on a 36 hunter and it still cast mastery, so it's consistent and functional per all tallstriders across all levels.

I tamed a hydra. It also has a family skill that covers mastery. Although it has the spell in its spellbook and tries to cast it when summoned, the buff does not affect my 36 hunter (does not appear in the buff area like Plainstriding does). However, it does affect a 90 hunter.

Cats also (still) have mastery, but they don't even have it in their spellbook by at least Lv68, indicating that Cats' mastery skill still materializes at 80 or 85 whenever it used to show up back in pre-6.0.

In addition, multistrike appears and casts normally sub-20, but my stag's Grace (I tamed a gazelle on my lowbie) is completely missing at Lv15. It exists at 36, so I'm assuming it appears at 20.

Oh, and basilisks? Still nothing. Nada. Zip.

I've bug reported all of this but I have no idea when or if it's going to be fixed.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket


User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11845
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by Wain » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:50 am

Would there happen to be an up-to-date summary of all the changes? If there is one it'd be massively appreciated right now! Otherwise I'll have to sift through the thread and try to work out what's changed. I'm afraid I haven't been following it closely and I think Petopia's info is well out of date.

Any help would be wonderful :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2805
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 am
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by Nachtwulf » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:58 am

Basilisks still have no family ability at all. I've bug-reported it a dozen times at least...

I hope it is multistrike though since it's apparently the "best stat for hunters" or whatever, and anyway, I want to use my damn basilisks because I love them. (and banish was WORSE THAN USELESS)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket


Arcanimus
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:50 am
Realm: Mal'Ganis
Gender: The Angle with the Dangle
Location: In your Stable, trappin your pets

Re: Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by Arcanimus » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:07 am

Wain wrote:Would there happen to be an up-to-date summary of all the changes? If there is one it'd be massively appreciated right now! Otherwise I'll have to sift through the thread and try to work out what's changed. I'm afraid I haven't been following it closely and I think Petopia's info is well out of date.

Any help would be wonderful :)
My spreadsheet is up to date.

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11845
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by Wain » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:31 am

Arcanimus wrote:
Wain wrote:Would there happen to be an up-to-date summary of all the changes? If there is one it'd be massively appreciated right now! Otherwise I'll have to sift through the thread and try to work out what's changed. I'm afraid I haven't been following it closely and I think Petopia's info is well out of date.
Any help would be wonderful :)
My spreadsheet is up to date.
Oh God, that is just what I need. Thank you so much! Saved me hours of work :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2805
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 am
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by Nachtwulf » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:36 pm

Also, a lot of the pets seem to gain their abilities at weird levels. Tallstriders start with theirs, while cats don't get theirs until at least after 69, and hydras have it in the 30s but it doesn't affect you. (They cast it, but the buff doesn't "stick".) Grace doesn't appear until after 20.

I dunno, it's weird and inconsistent...

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket


User avatar
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4456
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:21 pm
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Female

Re: Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by Rawr » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:46 pm

Some wolves are giving crit before lvl 20 :? :mrgreen:

Image


User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11845
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by Wain » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:07 am

Yeah I'm starting to get an appreciation of just how uneven the special abilities are at the moment! Hopefully they're still in the process of balancing them. Oddly cranes now have an ability listed as type 'Exotic' despite being a regular family. Another one had an ability that still cost focus and felt like it was an old one that was missed. Not sure. Maybe we need a summary that highlights the imbalances so they know where to focus more easily?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

Xota
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 984
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:08 pm
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by Xota » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Wain wrote:Yeah I'm starting to get an appreciation of just how uneven the special abilities are at the moment! Hopefully they're still in the process of balancing them. Oddly cranes now have an ability listed as type 'Exotic' despite being a regular family. Another one had an ability that still cost focus and felt like it was an old one that was missed. Not sure. Maybe we need a summary that highlights the imbalances so they know where to focus more easily?
Xella made a summary about a month ago, I have no idea if there's been changes in the meantime.

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11845
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by Wain » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:11 pm

Xota wrote:
Wain wrote:Yeah I'm starting to get an appreciation of just how uneven the special abilities are at the moment! Hopefully they're still in the process of balancing them. Oddly cranes now have an ability listed as type 'Exotic' despite being a regular family. Another one had an ability that still cost focus and felt like it was an old one that was missed. Not sure. Maybe we need a summary that highlights the imbalances so they know where to focus more easily?
Xella made a summary about a month ago, I have no idea if there's been changes in the meantime.
OK thanks :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Posts: 3259
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:45 pm
Realm: Aman'Thul
Location: Australia

Re: Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by SpiritBinder » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:09 pm

Wain wrote:
Xota wrote:
Wain wrote:Yeah I'm starting to get an appreciation of just how uneven the special abilities are at the moment! Hopefully they're still in the process of balancing them. Oddly cranes now have an ability listed as type 'Exotic' despite being a regular family. Another one had an ability that still cost focus and felt like it was an old one that was missed. Not sure. Maybe we need a summary that highlights the imbalances so they know where to focus more easily?
Xella made a summary about a month ago, I have no idea if there's been changes in the meantime.
OK thanks :)
Awesome list and info, will Tweet Mr Muffs the "Pet Family Ability Inconsistencies" thread link, you know, just in case he missed it :P Though I'm not 100% sure how effective Twitter is when things are so busy, but can't hurt to try :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11845
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by Wain » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:20 pm

Mania has updated the family skills so they should now be live!

http://www.wow-petopia.com/talents/skills.html

Thanks to everyone who contributed here to work out the changes. This is your work :)

Please let me know if anything is still wrong.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4456
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:21 pm
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Female

Re: Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by Rawr » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:25 pm

Under Birds of Prey, the Special Ability takes you to the Tenacity tree. :mrgreen:

Image


User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11845
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by Wain » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:44 am

Rawr wrote:Under Birds of Prey, the Special Ability takes you to the Tenacity tree. :mrgreen:
Thanks :) Passed it on.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

Locked