Stable slots in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Fen
Realm: Turalyon (Eu)

Stable slots in WoD

Unread post by Fen »

Are we getting more stable slots in WoD??? i've had to release some rares ahead of WoD to make room for new pets :(
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Re: Stable slots in WoD

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Fen wrote:Are we getting more stable slots in WoD??? i've had to release some rares ahead of WoD to make room for new pets :(
I really can't imagine us getting, or needing, any more slots.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

I think 50 is plenty enough
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

[scientific curiosity]
You're the first hunter I've heard of that's wanted more stable slots since we've gotten 50. I'm surprised that it's taken this long. I assume you play BM at least some of the time? And you collect mostly rares? Have you made it a point to get all the challenge tames?
[/scientific curiosity]

I currently have 54 pets (have an empty slot to keep my stables organized). One of my indulgences is six beetles: my silithid beetle, and a scarab rainbow for stampede fun. So I'll probably release four of my scarabs back into the wild, which will give me slots for all the new families and an extra to play with.
Fen

Unread post by Fen »

Kayb wrote:I think 50 is plenty enough
Umm i'd like more (greedy yes) but i had to release some rares to make room for more sadly :(
Fen

Unread post by Fen »

GormanGhaste wrote:[scientific curiosity]
You're the first hunter I've heard of that's wanted more stable slots since we've gotten 50. I'm surprised that it's taken this long. I assume you play BM at least some of the time? And you collect mostly rares? Have you made it a point to get all the challenge tames?
[/scientific curiosity]

I currently have 54 pets (have an empty slot to keep my stables organized). One of my indulgences is six beetles: my silithid beetle, and a scarab rainbow for stampede fun. So I'll probably release four of my scarabs back into the wild, which will give me slots for all the new families and an extra to play with.
Yeah i play mainly BM now and yes i collect mostly rares and have succeeded in taming most if not all the challenge tames.It just seem's a shame to release some of them for new ones :(
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Aww... let's not be greedy now :D

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I personally would say 'no'. I don't think we *need* more. I still have plenty of slots open, even though I went on a 'collecting spree' one day and got one of each serpent color. *And* my regular stable. *And* a couple spontaneous tames 'just cuz'. I have plenty of pets that I can release without feeling bad. Heck, I could even release a couple from my 'core stable' if I needed to.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

50 is a freaking lot...I've only tamed like 20 things myself, but I seriously don't see a need for more. I'm glad we have 50, as I remember having 3 before lol. Don't be greedy, what we have is very good!
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I haven't filled 50 stable slots. I don't want anymore. 50 is PLENTY.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I think there are only two compelling reasons to keep pets in our stables: pets that get used regularly and utility pets. If the only reason we keep a pet is because of the difficulty of the tame, I think it's better to screenshot the accomplishment and release them--can always go back and have the fun of re-taming them later.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I agree hunters do not need 50 stable slots. And yes you're the first person I've seen asking for more.
I wouldn't even remotely hope for this or any further stable expansions to be honest. They probably going to use the server /computing space for other things.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I still think a fantastic idea would be to scale the stables to 10% of the current number of available tameable skins (at one point this xpac it calculated out to around 50). I think that would satisfy most hunters who want to tame a little (or a lot) of everything, without having to be manually adjusted every time a new patch hit.

Personally I'm always going to be in the more slots = better camp. Do we NEED it? No. But I like having the option. I don't like having to dump a pet every time I want a new one (Note: no, I haven't filled my all slots up yet but I'm close and I don't like seeing them so full going into the next xpac)
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I'm quite happy with 50. I too have the "gotta catch em all" impulse but we were never meant to have *all* the rares and I think 50 slots was crazy nice of Blizz to give us in the first place since even at 25 slots I had more pets than I ever needed to use. Its just a nice vanity perk Blizz has given us even though it really has no positive effect on pvpe/soloing/pvp gameplay to be able to tame 20 cats on impulse. You could always tame, screen shot and release some rares (lots of old world rares have a short respawn and if you ever miss them they will be easy to find.) I also catch battle pet versions of some animals to help cull the need to have them in my stables.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

50 is far more than I could ever need, so for myself I have no desire to see more.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Really, for people who REALLY want to tame ALL the pets, there's still the option of rolling multiple hunters. Now it can all be done without rolling nearly as many to do it. There are far too many rares for all of them to be tamed at the same time on a single hunter. If you want a collection of pets to show off, there's always minipet collecting.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Kalliope wrote:Really, for people who REALLY want to tame ALL the pets, there's still the option of rolling multiple hunters. Now it can all be done without rolling nearly as many to do it. There are far too many rares for all of them to be tamed at the same time on a single hunter. If you want a collection of pets to show off, there's always minipet collecting.
This. As rares have become less rare, and they've become less exciting, I've pretty much stopped taming any new ones myself.

However, the pet skill changes mean there are a few more that I will go out and get, since I might actually use them.
Account has been closed at user's request.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I'm up to 5 hunters now? 6 maybe? I don't want to keep making more just to tame pets.

Also, taming on an alt isn't the same as on my main. There's certain pets that are must-haves for an alt that I can't imagine on my main, and vice versa. I can't tame a pet on the "wrong" hunter and then pretend I'm satisfied with it.

Like I said my stables aren't even full yet on any toon, so really just playing devil's advocate here. I see nothing wrong with wanting more slots, and at the same time I see nothing wrong if a player chooses to have only 5 pets either. I just don't think it's up to players to dictate how another player should enjoy the game.
Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

.....When did we get 50 stable slots? I mean, i think I remember getting 25. XD I don't remember 50.

I feel like such a moron for not realizing this
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

We got 50 in Mists. :3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine