New questing info

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Re: New questing info

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I think there's no need to panic, people :)
From what I've understood previously, "bonus objectives" were not supposed to be the side quest branches, but scenario-style pop-up miniquests that you get upon entering a certain area - think the eels quest from begining of vash'jir or vultures quest from uldum, only less "questy".

A good example would be bonus objective to miniquests accompanying the main questline - the questline sends you to a wood to gather 10 branches. When you enter the wood, you get a pop-up to kill 10 big bad wolves as well, when you're at it, for some extra reward. The quest about gathering branches has quest text, the miniquest for wolves doesn't, and will remove itself from your log as soon as you leave the wood. I'm not even sure if it would go into your log in the first place, and not just stay as a popup or an addition to the main quest record.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

So you're saying they're like events or hearts in GW2? Cause I always did like that a lot. Especially events.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Myrrmi wrote:I think there's no need to panic, people :)
From what I've understood previously, "bonus objectives" were not supposed to be the side quest branches, but scenario-style pop-up miniquests that you get upon entering a certain area - think the eels quest from begining of vash'jir or vultures quest from uldum, only less "questy".

A good example would be bonus objective to miniquests accompanying the main questline - the questline sends you to a wood to gather 10 branches. When you enter the wood, you get a pop-up to kill 10 big bad wolves as well, when you're at it, for some extra reward. The quest about gathering branches has quest text, the miniquest for wolves doesn't, and will remove itself from your log as soon as you leave the wood. I'm not even sure if it would go into your log in the first place, and not just stay as a popup or an addition to the main quest record.
Thank you, Myrrmi. I couldn't quite process much last night so you said what I wanted to say. We gotta think outside the box and not think questing is the same as older zones.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Myrrmi wrote:From what I've understood previously, "bonus objectives" were not supposed to be the side quest branches, but scenario-style pop-up miniquests that you get upon entering a certain area - think the eels quest from begining of vash'jir or vultures quest from uldum, only less "questy".
Has anyone ever found it creepy that a voice would suddenly creep into your head saying, "You hate eels... you hate those mangy hyenas... kill 10 of them" and then suddenly gold drops into your wallet when you do? I've always found that to be... really disconcerting.

Why are you in my head?! I don't hate eels, I swear! :)
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

From what a dev said on Twitter, it appears that the text will only be gone from those bonus quests that pop up while you're doing the ones given to you by an actual quest giver. I'd be on board with that.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

peanutbuttercup wrote:
Myrrmi wrote:From what I've understood previously, "bonus objectives" were not supposed to be the side quest branches, but scenario-style pop-up miniquests that you get upon entering a certain area - think the eels quest from begining of vash'jir or vultures quest from uldum, only less "questy".
Has anyone ever found it creepy that a voice would suddenly creep into your head saying, "You hate eels... you hate those mangy hyenas... kill 10 of them" and then suddenly gold drops into your wallet when you do? I've always found that to be... really disconcerting.

Why are you in my head?! I don't hate eels, I swear! :)
It's your evil twin talking to you!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kaellan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Kaellan »

Thank you for the clarification! I would be on board for this as well. The intial statement wasn't exactly clear.

"From what a dev said on Twitter, it appears that the text will only be gone from those bonus quests that pop up while you're doing the ones given to you by an actual quest giver. I'd be on board with that"

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I know it's not exactly the right thread for this, but..

http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=160664

ALL HAIL HYPNOCROAK.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!