Mail LFR armor set

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Mail LFR armor set

Unread post by Rower »

I really hope they release some updated "minimal" chest gear for my tauren (like the one in my sig) - the vanilla ones will look super outdated once the new models are released (vanilla gear and pandaren for example looks mostly terrible :( )
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

After reading some comments, some people are wondering if the things are labeled wrong. The labeled leather looks way more like mail than the one labeled mail...and I can see it personally.

"Leather"

"Mail"

I think they're mixed up.
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

yea think so to

By the gods that thing is ugly as hell
look at me! I am a stealthy hunter look at my shield sized shoulder pad lololololol.... maybe if I lie down still enough people might mistake me for a abandoned warrior shield.....

And don't get me started on that huge belt.....

thank god I am finishing my black dragon scale transmog set seems I am gonna be stuck with that one.
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aw man, I don't like that other set at all. :( It does look more feasible as mail though.

*sigh*

I wanted my purple Shredder gear.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

There are scales on the Shredder armor set, so I don't know. Otherwise it does look more like rogue armor than anything else. The shoulder-shield set looks like it's for monks, though. Maybe they're both leather sets ;P
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

The top one looks more leatherish to me. Then again none of them scream mail to me too,
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Here's the crafted mail armor. Definitely better than the LFR stuff.

All the armors almost look faction-specific.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Oh I like the crafted set quite a bit! You're right, they look very Horde/Alliance themed.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

I want the crafted mail, thank goodness I have my helm turned off though. The body set is good, but don't like them horns on the helm
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

So LFG makes us look like rogues and the crafted makes us look like warriors, can I get a set that makes me look like the class I'm playing please? :| :mrgreen:

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Rawr wrote:So LFG makes us look like rogues and the crafted makes us look like warriors, can I get a set that makes me look like the class I'm playing please? :| :mrgreen:
NO, NO HUNTER FOR YOU!
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

cowmuflage wrote:
Rawr wrote:So LFG makes us look like rogues and the crafted makes us look like warriors, can I get a set that makes me look like the class I'm playing please? :| :mrgreen:
NO, NO HUNTER FOR YOU!
Lol Cow :lol: :mrgreen:

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Ugh. I don't really like any of these sets. I tend towards the more "beautiful" ones, and these are.... Not that. Even the cloth one is kinda disgusting to me.

Oh well. That's what transmog is for.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Okay.. so..

No really useful gear in terms of stats from LFR.
The gear looks like questing gear, perhaps in between questing and dungeon.
And LFR doesn't even drop cool vanity stuff like battle pets?

On top of that, no flying?

Wow, they're out to alienate casuals, all right. I could easily do flex, but out of principle, I'm leaving this game for quite a while. I am sick of all this anti-casual drivel they've been trying to implement with WoD. Every change they make screams "Casuals, gtfo." to me. And no, not literally. Of course they want those people to pay their subscription, but anything aside from that?

I fully suspect that these changes might cause some backlash, and I expect an article on "Where we went wrong in Warlords of Draenor." fully detailing how the big problem was, not only removing stuff from casuals, but removing anything cool from casual players just because raid players weren't satisfied with the toys they had.

I expected this, really. The moment I saw the post about the Titan team dispersing as a result of the project being on hiatus, with people like Alex 'the Nostalgiaggogles' Afrasiabi returning, I knew that this would be happening. People would be getting in charge that were the ones who thought of these stupid, tiresome and tedious mechanics in Vanilla and TBC, and they would be trying to bring back "the good ol days" where anyone who didn't commit themselves to a huge schedule was a third class citizen, only tolerated because they have money to throw away.

I'm out.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Rawr wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:
NO, NO HUNTER FOR YOU!
Lol Cow :lol: :mrgreen:
Glad you found it funny! :lol: My job here is done. That could of backfired on me so bad, but it was worth it :3
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

This removing Tier gear and set bonuses from LFR nonsense is a horrible idea. Couple this with the possible loss of flying and it makes me wonder if Blizzard is trying to set a new record for sub losses in an Xpac. Many people can only do LFR. I guess Blizzard wants them to be easily recognized and stigmatized by the elitist crowd even more than now. That LFR gear doesn't even look like mail armor. It looks like a combination of cloth and leather. It's horrible.

I agree that the crafted set looks much better.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I must say, I'd imagine in a realistic setting, Hunters and Rogues would likely wear very similar styles of gear, with the main differences being in color, as Hunters would want to blend in to nature, and Rogues into shadows.

Also, is it too much to ask for an AC themed set for rogues? :mrgreen:

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I like the crafted mail set a lot, aside from the hat with the silly demon horns on it.

And since I haven't really liked the tier in ages, aside from NewDragonstalker (come on, murloc stalker? REALLY?) not having more tier in LFR isn't a huge deal.

Also... in case you missed it, there's no tier in LFR BUT ... there's "Group Finder" going in which lets you queue for Normal difficulty. So basically, LFR for Tier if you really want it that badly. You just won't be able to flail armwavingly at easy stuff and get tier anymore. The queue time will probably be kinda long if you're dps but geh, when hasn't it been. Honestly, I wish LFR -was- 10man, I hate 25man raids because there's so many people running all over the damn place, I can't see what's going on or keep track of anything. All I do is run after the pack hitting 'Tab' repeatedly and mashing buttons more or less at random. At least that's what it feels like.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

I'm actually kinda liking the dungeon and questing sets.. Understated and not garrish.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

For me, I haven't found many of the hunter sets to "look" like what I would consider "huntery". The beaststalker still remains imo the epitome of what hunter armor should look like, mail with fur linings, a beast's head helm, claw designs on the boots...The challenge mode mog gear I feel managed to capture a good amount of that metal and fur armor look.

I'd really love it if the armor designers stepped back and re-looked at each class, and do some more research on just what that class is, and how best to visually represent that class.

Lately it just feels to me that they are making a bunch of random designs and just slapping class labels onto them, not saying the designs themselves are bad, just that they don't seem to correspond to the class they are meant to represent.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?