Flying in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Flying in WoD

Unread post by pop »

Rawr wrote:
pop wrote:
Rawr wrote:I'm still not sure why there is an argument about this, Blizz does this every expansion so it's not like it's a surprise or anything. :| :mrgreen:
Which expansion that they decided to remove flying altogether on all of the expansion content or at least until a major patch besides WOD, pray tell?
I'd like a link from a blue post saying they are getting rid flying altogether please :| . Last I heard they were not allowing flying till max level, like every expansion ever. :mrgreen:
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3097 ... ng-mounts/
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I'm going to throw a spanner in the works and say why are they designing flying mounts for WoD (several of which we have seen) if they intend to have no flying at all in Draenor?

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Castile wrote:I'm going to throw a spanner in the works and say why are they designing flying mounts for WoD (several of which we have seen) if they intend to have no flying at all in Draenor?

because mounts are account-wide and not everyone has all toons at 90 yet?

just offering an answer.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Sukurachi wrote:
Castile wrote:I'm going to throw a spanner in the works and say why are they designing flying mounts for WoD (several of which we have seen) if they intend to have no flying at all in Draenor?

just offering an answer.
Its true mounts are account wide, point taken, but why design new mounts that you obtain at max level or as part of WoD rep grinds etc if you can't use them (to their full extent) in that continent? The ravager for example - looks very much like a max lvl cap rep grind/achievement mount*, why make it fly? So you could use it on lower lvl alts? That isn't very logical.

*This is all speculation I know but that whole not flying ever in dreanor dicussion is too.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

Castile wrote:
Sukurachi wrote:

just offering an answer.
Its true mounts are account wide, point taken, but why design new mounts that you obtain at max level or as part of WoD rep grinds etc if you can't use them (to their full extent) in that continent? The ravager for example - looks very much like a max lvl cap rep grind/achievement mount*, why make it fly? So you could use it on lower lvl alts? That isn't very logical.

*This is all speculation I know but that whole not flying ever in dreanor dicussion is too.
That might end up being a store mount. The text for it is about the same as the store mounts.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I'd like a link from a blue post saying they are getting rid flying altogether please :| . Last I heard they were not allowing flying till max level, like every expansion ever. :mrgreen:
That thread only confirms there will be no flying during the leveling process which is nothing new. It does not definitively state that flying will not be available after that.
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Danielfboone wrote:That thread only confirms there will be no flying during the leveling process which is nothing new. It does not definitively state that flying will not be available after that.
This should help:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=223780/no-f ... -until-6-1
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

AdamSavage wrote:
Danielfboone wrote:That thread only confirms there will be no flying during the leveling process which is nothing new. It does not definitively state that flying will not be available after that.
This should help:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=223780/no-f ... -until-6-1
That's kinda old tho...I've heard changes on their stance since then, such as possibly no flying at all in Draenor.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Aaaaaaaalrighty. I took a break from these forums for a while, but I'm just gonna poke my head back in here and say this:

This was not the discussion intended for this thread. This is a discussion we have had many times before. You are all talking in circles. I asked you to take this conversation to PMs, since I wanted discussion on things like the questing mentioned or the flight paths or anything other than this.

I won't be coming back into this thread at all. So I guess have fun with what you're doing. But please stop being so dang hostile to each other over something so stupid in a thread I created to celebrate the good news of shorter flight paths and cool questing. Kthxbye.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

i would agree with some people who like exploring/gathering on land/ect - ill be even happier if blizz made the flying mounts grounded, id like to ride my armored blue/red dragonhawk,proto drakes - i just love the animations.. hoping to god they would do that.. if they did that aswell as being grounded full stop.. ill be a happy bug in the rug, if you know what i mean lol

but yea im not complaining, its just like walking in timeless/blood elf zones and stuff - it honestly dosent bother me 1 bit. but its worth getting popcorn and watching the blizz forums about it.. :lol:
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Danielfboone wrote:
That thread only confirms there will be no flying during the leveling process which is nothing new. It does not definitively state that flying will not be available after that.
Even at level 100 there will be no small portions of the game world intended to provide relevant content even to max-level players. These zones may even unlock over the course of the expansion, or the content in them will progress in story and scope throughout content patches. Content has to be designed with the expectation that there either is or is not flight, and approaching ground-level content from the ground offers more compelling gameplay. Raids, dungeons, and PvP continue to disallow flying for this same reason.
Emphasis mine. While it doesn't definitively state that it won't be available, it does clearly state their design preference. It certainly does not say that you'll only be grounded during the leveling process.

If this thread is not for discussing the likelihood of being grounded throughout WoD and how that effects how we play the game, then I don't understand what the original post (especially with the added emphasis, which is about more than just "flight paths and quests") and the thread name are supposed to mean.