Stag family CONFIRMED

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Stag family possibility

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

seiferzero wrote:someone need to give this link (http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 10346#rams) to Jeremy XD
btw, it is cool for stags, but personally i would focus on more cool-looking pets already ready. Like Phoenix, fire birds (with the new model added tonight), or kunchongs.

and rhinos still have few models in the family... :(
It is difficult to say regarding Phoenixes and fire birds. I made a thread years back during the Firelands patch, and a lot of people think that Phoenixes would better suit fire mages. For example if you look at Kaelthas and the lore behind Al'ar, it seems pretty reasonable. But if we were able to get those, I'd be thrilled. Kunchongs I can understand us getting. If we can get the same model from the Silithud, why not from the bugs of Pandaria?

I'd love Clefthoofs in the Rhino family. That new armored one is simply amazing looking.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I could see that argument holding water back in cata when we only saw pure flame style birds but with the introduction of ji-kun and the Cm mode mounts they now have lots of flesh and bone beast models to work with now that could open up new possibilities. lots of different models and skins that could make up a family with more variety than many of the existing ones. At the very least the fire ones could make a nice spirit beast.

/rerails post. I am hoping for talbuk, stags and maybe antelope in this new family. I think rams should be tossed in with goats for some variety and clefthooves tossed to rhinos for the same reason. This has some nice potential and I am excited to see how it works out. I wonder if we will see some new skins and rares in wod if they run with this. Spirit beast stag maybe? hmmmm? :D

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

seiferzero wrote:someone need to give this link (http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 10346#rams) to Jeremy XD
I'm sure he's aware of it :) The companion thread on untameable skins (of existing tameables) was one of the things that got his attention back in Cata beta :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zenedar

Unread post by Keilden »

Well this is Staggering
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

OK, now this tweet I'm going to get cautiously excited for. All my support for this, twice over even (and I hope to be able to cross some more off my sig xD).

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kargath

Unread post by Twistedklown »

No one has mentioned this beauty of a Talbuk, Shinri - rare spectral/ghostly version of a talbuk. Wanders around shadowmoon valley outside karabor. It's flagged as a rare, but when you kill it the rare silver dragon around it's portrait disappears.

Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Twistedklown wrote:No one has mentioned this beauty of a Talbuk, Shinri - rare spectral/ghostly version of a talbuk. Wanders around shadowmoon valley outside karabor. It's flagged as a rare, but when you kill it the rare silver dragon around it's portrait disappears.

Oh yes, that Talbulk really caught my eyes. Potential spirit beast right there. However, that goes for all rares in WoD. Blizzard is using a system similar to Timeless Isle with the rares. Once you kill them, they aren't as rare and they don't drop the same stuff the next time you kill them.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

PorrasouxRex wrote:Once you kill them, they aren't as rare and they don't drop the same stuff the next time you kill them.
The term in their system seems to be "vignettes" and that's what we're referring to them as, currently. They're not truly rares at all. The portrait just denotes the fact they'll drop good loot for you that first time. After that they're just normal.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kargath

Unread post by Twistedklown »

Shinri dropped a trinket that has a chance to summon a version of him/her to fight by your side for a short duration. Very kool.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

I want a stag, and a talbuk ...NAOOW....
I mean please? ...Please? Also a small request could we get the rams in the goat family...never figured out why they weren't
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Keilden wrote:Well this is Staggering
Oh deer. I cud say I'm more excited about this family more than the other new WoD families. Butt I think I'll wait for confirmation.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Xota wrote:
Keilden wrote:Well this is Staggering
Oh deer. I cud say I'm more excited about this family more than the other new WoD families. Butt I think I'll wait for confirmation.
I'll be hoofing it straight to Nagrand to grab one of those talbuks.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I'm actually very, very surprised, and glad for you. I'm not really a huge sucker for stags/talbuks (though I might still tame one), but I still am very happy for all of you. I know how many of you wanted it.

This is in case it is confirmed that we will get a stag family. I'm also happy because it would be just another family (could use at least one more, but that's just me) that is welcome because of the very few families in WoD. :)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

When I read the Tweet about the family, I squeed. Like, literally squeed.

I'd still rather have the Mana Wyrms for the floaty 'Exotic' family, but... *stags*! Some of them are just so gorgeous!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

*prays to the wow gods for a druid style updated stag with the ashen vale colors* An updated black stag with green eyes and marking would be so cool. *.*
Has anyone ever messed around with the new and old stag skins and swapped them back and forth?

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Pretty pleeeeease!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:I don't know which groups they may end up including, but I guess anything from Rams onwards in this list:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 10346#rams
is a potential candidate there somewhere.
I hope Shoveltusks make the cut if this family gets created. The mere thought of it... such excitement, so shovel, much tame.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Personally, I hope rams get shunted into the goat family, as I feel they're more 'goatlike' than they are 'staglike'.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Kurasu wrote:Personally, I hope rams get shunted into the goat family, as I feel they're more 'goatlike' than they are 'staglike'.
Yep
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

Wonderful, I'd be so happy if I could tame a Pandarian stag, they just look so majestic. I really hope this goes ahead. It would be interesting to see which ungulates get approved.