Stag family CONFIRMED

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Stag family CONFIRMED

Unread post by Krysteena »

Myzou wrote:If we can tame caterpillars, I think "does look too fragile" isn't really a valid argument. :p

Does are females, stags are male. Same species.

Realistically, the family really should be called Deer, as Stags are male deer.
imagine that. You go to a hunter trainer and he's all like "Hey! You can tame stags! Just not the doe. They'll probably get run over by a goblin or something. Plus, they're squishy."

I still find it odd to think us hunters can tame stags, or will be able to. When you see a hunter, you think of huge lions or proud wolves. The diversity we're being given can show our hunters personality. That they prefer the peaceful side of things perhaps. It'd suit a night elf, I think. But seeing an Orc with one? Nothing against orcs, but I'd find it kinda odd to see that. I'm not complaining though :) I'd love a stag, or deer, as you pointed out.

I'd also like it if they made it so the Pandarian deer looked up, instead of at the floor as they waddle around. Like the druid form. They look up, tall and proud. Otherwise, they'd look super depressed to be at your side. Do they even lift their head when they run? I guess I'll hit Dread Wastes, to see if they do.
Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

Well I don't think it's an issue to tame doe, since we can tame cranes Which is even crazier, given their twig legs :lol:

Plus it's not far fetched to see such a sweet thing as menacing..The dryads and nymphs are also creatures that look too cuddly for battle, yet are hard trained killers..! Plus it's fun to have a cute/fun pet every once in a while, I'm still waiting for a pink panther sb ;) and the only way to find it are by following it's tracks :lol:
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I think male and female deer--depending on the species, of course--are pretty different when it comes to fight-or-flight. Males with antlers have the ability to fight, females without them not so much except for kicking, which is usually done during flight (just based on observations, if anyone has any information on that to share I'd love to learn more).
But then again this is World of Warcraft where everything is at least 20% more savage than its real-life inspirations (but man an updated model would be awesome eventually). I mean we have fawns as battle pets so... *shrug*
I think stags could be tamed and given female names. Even though a lot of things point to females not having antlers with the use of the doe model being used more for beasts, you could just look at female caribou and be like "yeah I'll just go with that."
I don't like the idea of does, with such a poor outdated model, being tameable, but if that were to happen I wouldn't complain.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I see the point that does don't make too much sense, given the fact they seem pretty weak/ill-equipped (even though IRL those hooves can really pack a punch when they're defending their young), whereas males and even the gazelle have large antlers/horns... which can really do some damage. But as mentioned.. we have caterpillars for god's sake. And moths.

It'll be the day when I see a moth kill a person IRL. :lol:

Of course, as Miacoda said this is WoW, not real life. But them being too delicate to be tamable certainly can be debated.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I still find it odd to think us hunters can tame stags, or will be able to. When you see a hunter, you think of huge lions or proud wolves. The diversity we're being given can show our hunters personality. That they prefer the peaceful side of things perhaps. It'd suit a night elf, I think. But seeing an Orc with one? Nothing against orcs, but I'd find it kinda odd to see that. I'm not complaining though :) I'd love a stag, or deer, as you pointed out.
Hay stags can get quite dangerous! they can have quite the temper once the fuzz falls off their antlers. I could see an orc making friends with a temperamental stag. :D

my personal thought on a doe is that they seem to be everyone's afterthought. They look rather frail but if we can have small birds, caterpillars, goats, moths, ect, then a female deer is not too out-of-this-world crazy. it is just a female of the same species.
I still get the feeling we wont get them though. Not that I would be bothered if we don't. regardless of the logic you use they do seem kind of out of place. maybe its because we have seen them only as critters for so long.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Just for the record, the caterpillars were a mistake on the beta that they decided to leave in just to be nice. They weren't planned :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Since we are getting stags and talbuks to finally tame can we have them added to the sites WOD section on hunter pets now tamable please?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I'll just leave this here...

Ignore that I'm a gnome, transporter malfunction.

Shoveltusks didn't make the cut :(
Lycanthrope
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune, Cenarion Circle, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lycanthrope »

Kayro wrote:
Myzou wrote:If we can tame caterpillars, I think "does look too fragile" isn't really a valid argument. :p

Does are females, stags are male. Same species.

Realistically, the family really should be called Deer, as Stags are male deer.
imagine that. You go to a hunter trainer and he's all like "Hey! You can tame stags! Just not the doe. They'll probably get run over by a goblin or something. Plus, they're squishy."

I'd also like it if they made it so the Pandarian deer looked up, instead of at the floor as they waddle around. Like the druid form. They look up, tall and proud. Otherwise, they'd look super depressed to be at your side. Do they even lift their head when they run? I guess I'll hit Dread Wastes, to see if they do.

D: My orc is offended! Just kidding. :P

I would love to see does, but the model might not scale well or something. Perhaps they're just swamped at pushing WoD out and don't have time to mess with it? I dunno. (My husband is trying out coding/scripting. Holy crap does it look hard. It fails a good 9/10 times before he gets it to work. I can't imagine being a big team of people doing this. @_@)

Quivering wrote:Shoveltusks didn't make the cut :(
Awww. Maybe in a future patch or expansion! :)
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Sadly it looks like Draenorian Talbuks haven't been included...for now
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Quivering wrote:I'll just leave this here...

Is this from the beta?

If so then omg stagsssssssssssssssssssssss and talbukssssssssssssssssssss I am sure in a future patch they will include the others maybe seeing how well these do before moving on I mean it took this long to finally get our stag party.
Xanvol

Unread post by Xanvol »

Having ran around with my amazing gazelle, uh, Stag, in the beta, I will note that the deer just outside Stormwind had diets, but weren't listed as tamable.

But hey, gazelles are tamable and are, I believe, the only thing missing from Quivering's shot there

Now we just have to see if they'll give us the Malorne model as a spirit beast, like they did with Har'Koa...
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Quivering wrote:I'll just leave this here...

Alright alright. Forget what I said earlier about stags and all that poop. White stag. Colbalt Talbuk. Pandarian stag. Gimme. Now. In that picture are my favourite ones and seeing them compiled just...ahh. Happy hunter :)
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

I tamed a gazelle, and I actually like it very much!
I had some problems at first, because their AI is still the critter one, so as soon as I started taming, the gazelle started to run away, and eventually got out of range. And I didn't think of placing a trap before I had tried like 5 times. :roll:

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Cool :) If you have the taming glyph, you should just have enough time to tame one before it gets out of range, also.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

New Challenge tame: tame that pet before it run, run, runs away!!!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

its like the flaming boar tame all over again. :D

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US