Druid Travel Form Changes

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Druid Travel Form Changes

Unread post by Castile »

Azunara wrote:From the way it sounds like to me, they're trying to make "Hybrid classes" less hybridy. Druids have their abilities cut down to specific spec only (certain abilities only being used in certain specs and you're SOL if you're not in that spec) and ditto on paladins (IE ret using one of their big DPS cooldowns, Guardian of the Ancient Kings which still makes me sad).
Yeah not liking these changes. Whats the point of hybrid classes then? I feel like were being forced into certain peg holes cause we picked main spec healer or dps...I like to throw out a moonfire as resto and I'm gonna miss my kings dude :(

Just leave the damn forms bar alone...I can't imagine anyone complained about it having too many buttons! :roll:

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

less button pressing? i just macro the form from no spec on my tool bar, clicking is an effort XD but still.. i dont like the idea of losing the icon buttons.. this is where Bartender comes in handy...
Lycanthrope
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune, Cenarion Circle, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lycanthrope »

Like someone said on Twitter, this feels more like "Change for the sake of Change" instead of "needed Change".

Getting REALLY tired of it. They've been doing these nasty "overhauls" since Wrath. (I.E. taking away skills that make each class unique, like when Hunters had Volley.)
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I forgot about volley. :( Eyes of the beast too; never knew why they removed that. It was a fun little ability.

I really hope this change doesn't make it to live. If I want to run around as a stag for whatever purpose in a flying zone, then why then hell can't I? This is especially true for people who like to RP. Seems ridiculous they can't use the form they want.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Updates!

"Glyph of the Stag: Your stag form can now be used as a mount by party members. Travel form will no longer ever activate flight, and Flight Form is learned as a separate ability.

Exclusive with:
Glyph of the Cheetah
Glyph of Travel"

"Glyph of Travel: Travel form grants an additional 60% movement speed. This movement speed bonus will not be granted if Travel Form is activated in combat. This effect is disabled in battlegrounds and arenas and cannot be combined with temporary speed bonuses.

Exclusive with:
Glyph of the Stag
Glyph of the Cheetah"

...So, basically. If you want perma-stag form, you need to choose the Stag glyph, which lets friends ride around on you. However, you CANNOT get the full-mount-speed glyph if you choose that one, and if you choose the full-mount-speed glyph, you can't get perma-stag... Or have people ride around on you.

This, uh, wasn't exactly the fix I was hoping for. :-/

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Lisaara »

That's freakin' lame. I wanted the full mount speed to let people ride on me!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Yeah, I'm really not happy with it as it is. I was really, really looking forward to being able to use my travel form as my land mount- which I can, now, except I don't get perma-stag, which pisses me off like you wouldn't believe.

And I can't carry people around unless I give up mount speed, which is also lame. That's half the fun! What's the point of carrying a friend around if you're slower than a mount?

I guess I can see it if they want to make two-person mounts somewhat rare, but come on. This just seems like a really bad way to fix it.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Exactly. I totally agree. My fiance likes to ride me into battle on his draenei warrior(which is hilarious to see really). They should allow both to be used and still disable them for pvp.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

As someone who has had a druid ever since final beta stage of WoW itself: "Nnnooooooo!"

I could maybe get behind the travel/aquatic form switch as going into water is a deliberate decision. Travel/flight not so much though. That takes too much control away from me over my character. I don't want the game to play for me, I want it to give me tools and let me decide how to use them.

In my opinion, if they want to reduce button bloat, just have one "main" travel form icon that checks for swimming/travel/flight which you can click, but make it so that the button, when held down for example, is a drop-down menu one (such as the warlock "summon demon" button, or hunters "call pet") from which you can find all the separate spells that allow you to cast the single form without environment check. That way EVERYONE is happy, not just one or the other group.