WoD new pet lists

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: WoD new pet lists

Unread post by Ickabob »

Looks like they went and classified Sangrikass <Spawn of Sethe> (NPC ID #84833) as an Aberration so that he's untameable. It's a shame, as he uses an awesome unique skin.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Checked all of Nagrand that I'm aware of now (I'm sure there are still plenty I'm not), except for two things:
- Nakk the Thunderer
- Thorncoat Buck

The latter was reported previously, but I couldn't find any today except for a couple of corpses that wolves were chewing on, and were presumably cloned as corpses. If anyone finds any, please let me know. Thanks :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Final big zone to re-check is Spires of Arak if anyone is feeling enthused to help :) Thanks :)
Mizree
Realm: Skullcrusher

Unread post by Mizree »

Not sure how much area I will get to cover, but will post pics later
and add to this as I go.

Bladefist Ravager yes
Bladefist Skitter yes
Varashian Vilefang yes
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Updated, thanks Mizree :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Found a beast-classed spectral wolf in Nagrand:

Image(Spectral)
Spectral Savager
Spawns during combat with Karosh Blackwind at Mok'gol Outpost.
Not tameable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've finished the Spires of Arak re-check. A bunch of stuff is now tameable thanks to Mr Muffinus, but I added a bunch more.

Special thanks to Quivering for checking so much of this zone and posting it in the same table format so all I had to do was paste it in and change the tameability info. It made it go SO much faster :)

There were a bunch of things I couldn't find. Some of them are likely to have been removed, but others probably just didn't spawn when I was near. Could you guys please post if you see any of the following? Thanks :)

[table=border:1px solid #CDBEE9; background-color:#DCFFDC; border-collapse:collapse;color:#35336F; padding:5px 10px;][tr][td]Look[/td][td]Name[/td][td]Family[/td][td]Level / Status[/td][td]Tameable?[/td][td]Spawned?[/td][td]Area[/td][td]Notes[/td][td]Checked[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Image
Image[/td]
[td]Energized Swift Feather[/td]
[td]birdofprey[/td]
[td]100[/td]
[td]???[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Skettis[/td]
[td]CAN FIND THE OTHER ID BUT NOT THIS ONE.[/td]
[td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Image[/td]
[td]Eyeless[/td]
[td]bat[/td]
[td]96
Vignette[/td]
[td]No[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Crow's Crook[/td]
[td]UNSURE IF STILL IN GAME. NO MAP INFO ON WOWHEAD[/td]
[td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Image[/td]
[td]Nightmaw[/td]
[td]cat[/td]
[td]96
Vignette[/td]
[td]No[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]UNSURE IF STILL IN GAME. NO MAP INFO ON WOWHEAD[/td]
[td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Image[/td]
[td]Gochar[/td]
[td]boar[/td]
[td]96 Vignette[/td]
[td]No[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]UNSURE IF STILL IN GAME. NO MAP INFO ON WOWHEAD[/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Image[/td]
[td]Howling Rylak[/td]
[td]chimaera/rylak[/td]
[td]97[/td]
[td]No[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]WOWHEAD DISPLAYS LOTS OF THEM IN HOWLING CRAG. UNSURE IF STILL IN GAME - PROBABLY REPLACED WITH VILETONGUES. UNLESS IT'S A PHASING OF DAILY QUEST THING?[/td]
[td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Image[/td]
[td]Windswept Spore Drifter[/td]
[td]sporebat[/td]
[td]96[/td]
[td]No[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Venture Cove[/td]
[td]UNSURE IF STILL IN GAME. NONE WERE PRESENT ON THE DAY I CHECKED. VENTURE COVE SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN RENAMED TOO.[/td]
[td][/td][/tr][/table]
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Talador updated. I think everything there that is going to be tameable now is. At least that we've seen.

There are some moths in the far north that are level 60-something Outland moths that I suspect will change yet :)

Cool news for Talador: the Grom'kar Warbeast (saddled clefthoof) has changed colour (and is still tameable):

So that's another colour of saddled clefthoof for us. And it looks beautiful :)

This is Mr Feasel's work again!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Gorgrond looks like it's been updated as well, but I don't have time to check it all tonight.

A couple of things of interest:

- Iron Horde Battlebeast has changed looks :
...which looks really cool and means at least four colours of saddled clefthoof are now tameable.

It's probably also my favourite colour for the saddled looks :) Again, this is Mr Feasel's work!

- I hadn't noticed before but there are Iron Wolf mobs in The Pit that use the "Iron Horde wolf" armoured wolf model. They're being ridden by orcs but are separate mobs and can be beast lored. They're NOT currently tameable, but they're also level 101 so the point is moot for this expansion. Still, cool to see them! I need to get a pic added to Petopia, so the thumbnail is currently blank.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_100114_013909.jpeg
WoWScrnShot_100114_013909.jpeg (128.06 KiB) Viewed 12919 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

The Grom'kar Warbeast is one hell of a challenge to tame. Died like five times trying to find it.

I'm totally taming it on live just because of how insane it is to get there.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I haven't seen Eyeless, Gochar, and Nightmaw in a few builds. Nightmaw's spawn point now has a treasure item in it. Not sure what happened to them.

I haven't seen it myself yet but the screenshots are convincing enough. He might path.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Finished the Gorgond check. Most things are tameable now! I found a few things that I had missed the first time, so some of them aren't tameable:

Added to Gorgrond:
[table=border:1px solid #CDBEE9; background-color:#DCFFDC; border-collapse:collapse;color:#35336F;padding:5px 10px;][tr][td]Look[/td][td]Name[/td][td]Family[/td][td]Level / Status[/td][td]Tameable?[/td][td]Spawned?[/td][td]Area[/td][td]Notes[/td][td]Checked[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Image[/td][td]Venolasix[/td][td]hydra[/td][td]100
Elite
Rare/Vignette[/td][td]Yes[/td][td][/td][td]Everbloom Wilds[/td][td][/td][td]01 Oct[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Image[/td][td]Mogamago[/td][td]riverbeast[/td][td]100
Vignette/Rare[/td][td]Yes[/td][td][/td][td]Everbloom Wilds[/td][td][/td][td]01 Oct[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Image[/td][td]Swift Onyx Flayer[/td][td]ravager[/td][td]100
Vignette[/td][td]No[/td][td][/td][td]Everbloom Wilds[/td][td]In a cave in a mountain south-east of Blackrock Foundry.[/td][td]01 Oct[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Image[/td][td]Dying Beast[/td][td]birdofprey[/td][td]94[/td]
[td]No[/td][td][/td][td]Sulfur Basin[/td][td]Friendly. Tied up.[/td][td]01 Oct[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Image[/td][td]Darksting Venom[/td][td]spider[/td][td]93[/td][td]No[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]The Forgotten Caves[/td][td]Spawns during fight with Gorg the Host.[/td][td]01 Oct[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Image[/td][td]Iron Wolf[/td][td]wolf[/td][td]101
Elite[/td][td]No[/td][td][/td][td]The Pit[/td][td]Ridden by Iron Wardens.[/td][td]30 Sep[/td][/tr][/table]
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Jeremy has done the Nagrand pass and pretty much everything that should be tameable is now. Just a few things left on the list, which may or may not be intentional.

One of the more interesting things that has just become tameable is Tura'aka, who looks exactly like an Iron Skyreaver but in red. Even has the engines attached.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

My heart will sing with joy if Tura'aka stays tamable AND fully armored.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Bashkarr
Realm: Madoran, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Bashkarr »

After taming a few of the new Rylak models, I noticed that most of them are, indeed, classed as Rylaks. But curiously, one or two of them were classed as Chimeras. The current pet lists just have them all as 'rylak/chimera' so I went around and tamed them all to clarify their current families. It might be useful for someone who wants the chimera's Exotic ability but a new Draenor skin.

Right now (as of Oct 4/build18988), all the Draenor tameable rylaks are in the Rylak family EXCEPT:

[table=border:1px solid #CDBEE9; background-color:#DCFFDC; border-collapse:collapse;color:#35336F;padding:5px 10px;][tr][td]Look[/td][td]Name[/td][td]Family[/td][td]Level / Status[/td][td]Tameable?[/td][td]Spawned?[/td][td]Zone[/td][td]Notes[/td][td]Checked[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Image[/td][td]Icewing Rylak[/td][td]Chimera[/td][td]92[/td][td]Yes[/td][td][/td][td]Frostfire Ridge[/td][td][/td][td]4 Oct[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Image[/td][td]Thunderlord Driftstalker[/td][td]Chimera[/td][td]92[/td][td]Yes[/td][td][/td][td]Frostfire Ridge[/td][td][/td][td]4 Oct[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Image[/td][td]Gorge Rylak[/td][td]Chimera[/td][td]93[/td][td]Yes[/td][td][/td][td]Gorgrond[/td][td][/td][td]4 Oct[/td][/tr][/table]
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Awesome, thank you :)

I admit I had been pre-occupied with what was tameable and hadn't paid much attention to what rylaks were classed as up till now, because they were a bit of a mess. If most are now officially rylaks then they're clearly going to go ahead with that family anyway (for a while I thought maybe they were going to change their minds and give up on that madness!). If so we better keep a list of ones that aren't switched on this other thread:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 53&t=22837
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Added the Blasted Lands 6.0 version. There are only two beasts reported so far and the only untameable one is the Ironmarch War Wolf (grey wolf with saddle).
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Looks like things are finally coming together. I remember going through these lists and just seeing no, no, no, no, no, no, no. Now I see yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. I can't wait!

Still no sign of the tan wolf? It's getting so close now, and it was such a gorgeous colour. The more vibrant one of the wolf skins :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kayro wrote:Looks like things are finally coming together. I remember going through these lists and just seeing no, no, no, no, no, no, no. Now I see yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. I can't wait!
Still no sign of the tan wolf? It's getting so close now, and it was such a gorgeous colour. The more vibrant one of the wolf skins :(
That would be beautiful :) It'd look great in a desert area like Gorgrond, I think. Has that coyote feel, which is I guess what it was based on afterall :)
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Even if they don't feel it could fit in any of the new zones (though I do think both Nagrand and Gorgrond would be fine places), they could always put a lower level rare in somewhere.. They've done that before, like with the Wrath worgs. I know there's a ghostly brown one in EPL.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |