Female Arakkoa!

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Female Arakkoa!

Unread post by pop »

inb4 patch 6.2 two new playable races ofmg yes pls blizzard Arrakoa and Ogre I would probably play wow again! and if Beavers are tamable and if BMs can control 2 pets too, but that is a different story.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

SpiritBinder wrote:Nar, you can still call them boobies :D

Golly I forgot about those XD There are too many brest related jokes for birds! :lol:
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

pop wrote:.......I would probably play wow again!
You don't play wow?!? O_o

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Omg want want want want!!! They are so gorgeous please be a playable race aaah i need more alts /swoon

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Snowwalker »

I think a cry needs to go up more than ever before, even more than for hydra, for these to be a playable race.

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

On a Youtube video, I read a comment saying that yes, we're getting another Klaxxi like Faction. Neutral, wingless arrakoa that look like the ones we've used to. Perhaps they're neutral because their faction abandoned them due to being wingless? Maybe they worship something else?

No idea, but if I get attached like I did to the Klaxxi and then there's some horrible ending for them I will probably cry :(
Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

Myrrmi wrote: I've just seen them animated:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c-69c-4joA
...and ohmaigawd<3
I love their birdlike head bobs, and their flight animation.

I absolutely love their running, it's like a raptor or something! It's great that they had them run like that, since they....should :lol:
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Myrrmi wrote:Oh, they're perfect!

They're using the worgen female skel, aren't they?

Edit:
apparently not :D

I've just seen them animated:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c-69c-4joA
...and ohmaigawd<3
I love their birdlike head bobs, and their flight animation.

Also, I want them playable, but that's old news now :lol:
From the hovering animation, I'm wondering if they're not based upon the harpy model.

Wonderful looking race, though. Heck, I'd even play Alliance to be one of 'em ;)
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

...so this is where Blizz reveals arrakoa are playable neutral race, right?

RIGHT? ;)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

uhhh chance of making a new hunter.. only with bird pets!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Kayro wrote:On a Youtube video, I read a comment saying that yes, we're getting another Klaxxi like Faction. Neutral, wingless arrakoa that look like the ones we've used to. Perhaps they're neutral because their faction abandoned them due to being wingless? Maybe they worship something else?

No idea, but if I get attached like I did to the Klaxxi and then there's some horrible ending for them I will probably cry :(
Well going by what the Wiki says the winged Arakkoa where like nobles and the wingless ones where thought of as lowly things. So I can understand why a faction of wingless ones is neutral they are most likely sick of being treated badly? I mean that Bronzebeard dwarf guy does say "they were a more unpleasant people than their descendants" and the old ones where dicks allready so I assume these winged ones are worse XD
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Hands look like they still need work, but other than that, they're pretty damn awesome looking! I love the various bright colors, and the heads are just gorgeous!
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I just saw the animations and I am in LOVE! If these guys were playable I would either have to abandon my nigh elf's long-standing background story and get a race change or just flat our re roll a new main because I would HAVE to play these guys ALL THE TIME! I would be throwing money at race changes like a madwoman- and that's saying something seeing as the only non-essential blizz perches I have ever made was the little charity Hippogriff pet.
I still think their wings look a bit awkward when folded in a stationary position but oh wow do they look amazing in flight! If they were a player race they could have their own level 60 "mount" that sat somewhere between a druid form and the worgen running wild. at the very least they could have a racial slowfall and neat animations.
I like how similar the two genders are. if they were aiming for a more anatomically correct creature it would have a larder breast bone and the females would not have actual breasts but none of that will stop me from enjoying the all-around lovely colors and animations of these guys. I immediately fell in love with all the head bobbing and the running animations are to die for. *.*
all the way back in wrath I remember wishing for and supporting the idea of playable Arakkoa and now I want them more than ever. The females actually turned out to be a lot like what I had imagined all those years ago.
By the way, do we know what skeleton it is using? I can see similarities to the mantid along with flying animations similar to a phoenix and a harpy but I cant pin down its exact origin.

Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

Have to agree that I'm delighted that the genders are so similar, it's a nice change from the way the females of some of the other races are handled. They look amazing! When people were calling for Arakkoa to be added to the Alliance while the Horde called for ogres, I was pretty much indifferent, but now(!) I would love to have one of these at some point.

If I was to find fault, it would be the wings and hoe they look when held by the arakkoa's side, but aside from that I'm looking forward to seeing these in-game.
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

Wow, they are just awesome looking! I love their running animation very much. And the way the move their head all the time. :D

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

These are STUNNING. However. I personally feel. That the females should have more drab coloring. Since female birds generally are very drab since they oogle the handsome and beautifully plumed males. And I agree 100% with Snowwalker. They should not have a bosom to speak of.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

zedxrgal wrote:These are STUNNING. However. I personally feel. That the females should have more drab coloring. Since female birds generally are very drab since they oogle the handsome and beautifully plumed males. And I agree 100% with Snowwalker. They should not have a bosom to speak of.
Since they're birds, we can opt for the reasoning being the chest muscles needed to power those wings. It's a stretch, but you know...can headcanon it like that. :lol: It is ridiculous how many fantasy races need a pair of boobs in order to be feminine, but ehh, these ones don't bother me much. They're not super obvious.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Definitely not super obvious. It's nice having difficulty telling the sexes apart at first glance, and I don't mind the breasts at all. Adds a little extra femininity, whether it's needed or not... Since it's not glaring like fem. worgens I'm neutral about it.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Vephriel wrote:Since they're birds, we can opt for the reasoning being the chest muscles needed to power those wings. It's a stretch, but you know...can headcanon it like that. :lol: It is ridiculous how many fantasy races need a pair of boobs in order to be feminine, but ehh, these ones don't bother me much. They're not super obvious.
No they're not. That's true. But. It's enough. For me anyway. That they look a little odd. :lol:
I'd still play one if they became playable race though! *snerk*

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Vephriel wrote:
zedxrgal wrote:These are STUNNING. However. I personally feel. That the females should have more drab coloring. Since female birds generally are very drab since they oogle the handsome and beautifully plumed males. And I agree 100% with Snowwalker. They should not have a bosom to speak of.
Since they're birds, we can opt for the reasoning being the chest muscles needed to power those wings. It's a stretch, but you know...can headcanon it like that. :lol: It is ridiculous how many fantasy races need a pair of boobs in order to be feminine, but ehh, these ones don't bother me much. They're not super obvious.
^ agreed. I was actually really surprised and quite happy with the Char in guild wars 2 since they did the unheard of and made females without breasts. I quite liked the race! :D
Although i find it silly for birds to have them, at this point its so minor and so expected that its more of a smile and roll your eyes kind of objection rather than something that would bother me. I will just stick to the same kind of headcanon you offered up and just enjoy them for all of their lovely coloring and animations.
By the way, has anyone seen any recent suggestions or questions posed by other players asking blizz about these guys becoming playable at some point? I know its kind of a long shot but I would love to add my vote if there is something out there. whether they end up neutral, horde or ally I would roll one in a heartbeat.