Gara

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Re: Gara

Unread post by Aggannor »

Does Om'ra drop the berries if you're not hunter/haven't met Gara? Also, what kind of weapons does she have?

I started to wonder if the weapons on the grave actually are clues like Quivering thought. Maybe there are multiple candidates for being her old master, and you have to find them all and collect stuff from them until she reacts to correct/last item? Just speculation.

Edit: Also confirmation about what we already knew: Void wolf named Gara as tamable Spirit Beast in Wowhead. Added in same patch as Shadowberries.
Nyrikah
Realm: Kargath-US

Unread post by Nyrikah »

I was taking a look at the grave and was also thinking if there was an item we were suppose to collect for the empty one. Perhaps there is something in the area Shaz'gul. There is a path that connects Shaz'gul to the Burial Fields. Perhaps there is a connection since there are void wolves in the area.
Thori
Realm: Anachronos

Unread post by Thori »

Aggannor wrote:Does Om'ra drop the berries if you're not hunter/haven't met Gara? Also, what kind of weapons does she have?

I started to wonder if the weapons on the grave actually are clues like Quivering thought. Maybe there are multiple candidates for being her old master, and you have to find them all and collect stuff from them until she reacts to correct/last item? Just speculation.

Edit: Also confirmation about what we already knew: Void wolf named Gara as tamable Spirit Beast in Wowhead. Added in same patch as Shadowberries.
1. Not sure - will check on my shammy as soon as I can to see if they still drop.

2. She carries an axe and an offhand wand type-thing, nothing that I noticed at the graves.

I think you're right there, there must be more items we have to collect and present to her, possibly in a correct order? I'll keep looking around.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

And this has been checked out on both horde and alliance right? I've only checked on my alli toon on beta. I know Alliance characters can talk to gara/get the berries but maybe there's more with the Shadowmoon orcs? I don't know.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by moonone »

I'm starting to wonder if something is bugged - might have worked for Blizz internally but on beta servers might be borked.

Anyhow - searched a bunch in Shadowmoon - nothing
there are some oddish things in the lvl 100 areas (signs on ground probably need to be stepped on in correct order) but I think this is a low level 90 thing So I dont't think we need to do anything in the lvl100 areas.

Tried a bunch of stuff with Mother Wolf in Frostfire (woke up in middle of night thinking I had it figured out)
still need to do a little exploring around FF though -

Mother drops a blue trinket first kill. Have put that on and tried talking to gara - with berry also.

Tried eating 20 berries by gara hoping the berry juice splat was getting on her.

tried eating berries and doing all sorts of emotes

the other rare in area by shore drops a mace - and continues to drop said mace whenever you kill her - probably a bug - she doesn't drop anything else though

ate berries at all the stones where there are npcs casting shadow beam stuff

killed myself right next to gara - nothing - can only target her - interesting that there is a spirit healer right there though

looked through all the new items this build - nothing jumped out at me
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I tried eating the berries while dead, which you can't.
Tried running around through Shaz'ghoul with the berry juice on me thinking maybe someone would recognize the smell (maybe a void wolf?) as the tooltip says it has a distinct smell.
Ran around as a ghost hoping maybe I'd find some dead wolf/orc to talk to.

We're being so creative here I can't imagine it being this difficult, lol. probably still not implemented, but meh.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Thori
Realm: Anachronos

Unread post by Thori »

It was mentioned elsewhere that while you have the shadowberry buff the spirit wolves that patrol that area (the ones that are the pets of the ghosties) are hostile. Mayhaps it has something to do with this? Going to try messing about with them now.
Aoife
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mok'Nathal et al.

Unread post by Aoife »

Just an interesting thing to note, and may or may not mean anything: all of the 'headstones' have a Frostwolf Clan mark - there is one that has a different mark - and I just dc'd.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I wonder if anyone in FFR would recognize the "scent" of the berry? I can't think of anyone in particular though - wolf or orc - that stands out to me as having a potential connection to Gara or Om'ra.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Toothy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uther/Runetotem

Unread post by Toothy »

It wouldn't be like that though unless there is a neutral NPC because Gara must be available to both alliance and horde. Also the wolves that the rare summons are not tameable.
Toothy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Toothy »

Is there any lore on Gara? Has her owner been mentioned in any books or short stories, anything that might give us more of an idea of what to do next? The only thing I can think of is maybe there is another rare we have to kill that drops a weapon or something we have to put on the grave that has no weapon on it. Shadowmoon valley or is there something in frostfire ridge maybe? Frostfire Ridge is home to the frostwolves, probably not since it would be kind of out of the way or difficult to get to for alliance characters.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

There's no mentions of a wolf named Gara at any point in lore. However, as someone asked, has this been checked out by horde players as well as alliance? I'm getting worried that Gara will only interact with alliance players, simply because of her area :(

I reckon we're all being too complicated guys. I bet you there's some simple answer that we aren't looking for because we're all thinking outside the box too much. I'd have a look myself in beta, but I don't have beta. Sadly. Oh well. I'd say that Gara's encounter hadn't been fully added, but it has, judging by the muffin man saying "it's been fully implemented". Or have I missed something?
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Oh he did say it was implemented? I didn't even know that, lol.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Toothy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Toothy »

Muffins said that Gara has been fully implemented, and horde characters can get to Gara perfectly fine. There are a few neutral spawn points, one of which is close to Gara's location. I play horde, and had no trouble getting to her.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Maybe we have to think even further outside of the box? I'd think it'd be around Gara's area, but if FFR doesn't have anything (and the frostwolf symbols could be pointing to that) and neither does Shaz'ghoul, maybe there's something in Shadowmoon burial grounds (the dungeon) or Anguish fortress? There are some wolves at the fortress. Or maybe there's a rare drop that drops from mobs around Gara? This is killin' me just like Nok-karosh...

Edit: Also unrelated (I think lol) but there's a frostwolf ghostpup pet in the pet journal, from archaeology. So mini gara potentially? Sad caption, too. "The little wolf told to stay. Watching, waiting for vacant prey. Too proud to leave, she slipped away. Unburdened now, free to play."
Last edited by Lupen202 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Toothy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Toothy »

Here are some screenshots for those who don't have beta. Hope they help some.
Attachments
Map of Gara's location
Map of Gara's location
WoWScrnShot_090314_130729.jpg (329.11 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
Picture of Gara's surroundings
Picture of Gara's surroundings
WoWScrnShot_090314_130626.jpg (176.61 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
Picture of Gara targeted and surrounding
Picture of Gara targeted and surrounding
WoWScrnShot_090314_130629.jpg (275.8 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
Close up of big gravestone
Close up of big gravestone
WoWScrnShot_090314_130639.jpg (217.24 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
Close up of stone on far left with symbol on it
Close up of stone on far left with symbol on it
WoWScrnShot_090314_130644.jpg (182.44 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
Gravestone with sword close up
Gravestone with sword close up
WoWScrnShot_090314_130650.jpg (91.4 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
Gravestone with broken shield close up
Gravestone with broken shield close up
WoWScrnShot_090314_130653.jpg (110.83 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
Close up of gravestone with nothing on it
Close up of gravestone with nothing on it
WoWScrnShot_090314_130656.jpg (87.31 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
Close up of stone on far right with symbol on it and a thing next to it
Close up of stone on far right with symbol on it and a thing next to it
WoWScrnShot_090314_130658.jpg (146.04 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
Picture of entire site
Picture of entire site
WoWScrnShot_090314_130713.jpg (206.21 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Gara lemme love you~!
Aoife
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mok'Nathal et al.

Unread post by Aoife »

Toothy wrote:Here are some screenshots for those who don't have beta. Hope they help some.
The screenshot of the stone on the far right with the bundle of wood/sticks next to it is the one I'm wondering about. The symbol on that stone has a diamond shape in the middle of a horseshoe shape (the Horde icon?), while all the others are the icon of the frostwolf clan.

Is there meaning to that stone with regards to Gara? Or is it a red herring of a wild goose chase? :?:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toothy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Toothy »

Pictures of Mother Om'Ra and her location as well as the closest neutral flight point and the neutral, but killable, spirit orcs with their spirit wolves. I doubt the neutral orcs will have anything to do with Gara, but the wolves attack when you are under the effects of the berry Om'ra drops. So I included them just in case.
Attachments
You wil see this area not far from Gara, and you venture through here to get to Om'ra
You wil see this area not far from Gara, and you venture through here to get to Om'ra
WoWScrnShot_090314_130821.jpg (193.28 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
Map location of her
Map location of her
WoWScrnShot_090314_130838.jpg (355.89 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
You have to kill these small guys channeling a spell before you can interact with Om'ra
You have to kill these small guys channeling a spell before you can interact with Om'ra
WoWScrnShot_090314_130828.jpg (194.82 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
Om'ra once killable
Om'ra once killable
WoWScrnShot_090314_130858.jpg (346.28 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
Om'ra and her summoned, non-tameable, wolf
Om'ra and her summoned, non-tameable, wolf
WoWScrnShot_090314_130908.jpg (334.27 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
Looting Om'ra
Looting Om'ra
WoWScrnShot_090314_130921.jpg (330.57 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
This is spirit orc with his spirit wolf that people were talking about before. The one that attacks when you have the berry effect.
This is spirit orc with his spirit wolf that people were talking about before. The one that attacks when you have the berry effect.
WoWScrnShot_090314_131046.jpg (465.43 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
Location of spirit orcs with spirit wolves. There are only a few of them scattered about.
Location of spirit orcs with spirit wolves. There are only a few of them scattered about.
WoWScrnShot_090314_131040.jpg (443.91 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
This is the neutral flight point that is closest to Gara's location.
This is the neutral flight point that is closest to Gara's location.
WoWScrnShot_090314_131125.jpg (417.53 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
Toothy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Toothy »

Aoife wrote:
Toothy wrote:Here are some screenshots for those who don't have beta. Hope they help some.
The screenshot of the stone on the far right with the bundle of wood/sticks next to it is the one I'm wondering about. The symbol on that stone has a diamond shape in the middle of a horseshoe shape (the Horde icon?), while all the others are the icon of the frostwolf clan.

Is there meaning to that stone with regards to Gara? Or is it a red herring of a wild goose chase? :?:

Yea I thought that might mean something too, but not sure what. Although the empty gravestone attracts my attention too. Are we supposed to find a weapon that goes on it? Maybe a bow? All the other small stones that are in line with this one have stuff on them. A sword and broken shield.