Gara

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Gara

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Excellent work, Petopians! Glad to have come along on the journey!
Rodhake
Realm: kazzak eu

Unread post by Rodhake »

i want more of these cryptic taming adventures !
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

I FOUND THE HINT!

Okay, so everyone's found the dagger, I'm not on that step, so I just went to look at the tree for the heck of it. (no it's not there on this step)

While in the physical realm, the tree is surrounded by Draenei, with one of them in a casting pose towards the tree. She is called Anchorite Vaanala.

While looking for the hole in the picture (I knew I wouldn't find the dagger, but I wanted to get lined up right when I did reach the step) I overheard her say THIS:

"Anchorite Vaanala: We brought this sapling with us from our home, and now it's dying. I cannot sense any evil nearby, but I will keep trying."

She says it periodically while you stand there. It's a very vague hint, but I guess you can pick up the correlation:

A tree of light which was doing fine suddenly is dying. She can't sense any evil, but she's trying to purify the tree. The dagger, plunged into the tree is poisoned with void, and with the power it's stealing from the tree, it's made itself a portal.

That's my thoughts atleast...can't believe I didn't think about the dying tree earlier....

Anyways, it was something you can add to the list of how to get Gara.
Aoife
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mok'Nathal et al.

Unread post by Aoife »

Good job everyone. I just messaged with Rodhake about this on beta and happy to hear Gara has been tamed! Sorry I wasn't able to participate more in the solving of the puzzle - thank you all for your diligence and efforts!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

Made a short & sweet video of the tame!

Gara Spirit Beast Tame for those who cannot get in-game to see it!

If anyone is interested, I'd be more than willing to do this whole quest in it's entirety in a video on another toon.
Zgar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Illidan

Unread post by Zgar »

If you're interested in watching a full run-through of the quest line, feel free to tune in at Twitch.tv/elementx007 in about 5 minutes or so. I'm going to be streaming it and putting it up on Youtube for anyone interested.

Edit: Or rather whenever Blizzard beats the Maintenance Boss
Last edited by Zgar on Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Worst Maintenance EVER :P

So happy though! Special thanks to those whose dedication pushed us through the brick walls we ran into.
jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

I think we should all send Lupen flowers & chocolate and coffee and cakes. :)
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Looks like Wowhead moved quick! Muff, you sneaky devil!

http://www.wowhead.com/news=243039/blue ... d-incoming

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Leorina

Unread post by Leorina »

Awesome work everyone!

Curious, can we still pick up void lanterns? I quite like the effect given by them >_>;
Eaglesong
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Eaglesong »

The server went down before I got back to the thread! I know where I'm heading as soon as it comes back up.

Thanks so much! I would never have figured this out on my own! I've walked around that tree before too.

Love this quest line!
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Grats on the tame and finding this out, Lupen. Now we can all finally breathe a collective sigh of relief.

#GaraSolved
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

jensketch wrote:I think we should all send Lupen flowers & chocolate and coffee and cakes. :)
Honestly, I just got lucky. :lol: I was checking out Elodor, and when I ran past the tree the thought crossed my mind. Everyone put in a crap ton of work and it was just amazing. If not for uselessx, we never would have figured out the effigy, and when we knew we had to get the effigy, everyone was scouring across Draenor to find what dropped each item. I always loved reading Bendak's blog, and of course a big thank you to Muffinus for giving the hunter community so much attention. Even though I'm sure we all wanted to pull our hair out at times it was definitely worth it.

Funny how while we were running around all of Draenor to figure out what to do, I just wanted to get to the next step. But now that it's over I'm kind of sad; over all it was more fun than anything even if some more in-game hints wouldn't have hurt (Lord of Glass ended up not having any significance). But I just loved seeing all of us come together to solve this. People were tweeting and posting different suggestions, chatting with eachother in-game... and we certainly did plenty of testing along the way. :P

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Woo! Been following this since it started though I didn't have much to add. I'm glad we got it sorted out in the end though I agree, some sort of direction in-game would have been super nice. Once the mystery's solved the need for that goes down a lot because anybody super curious about it will just look it up, haha (still would be nice, though ;P)

For those of you who have done it, what level is Gara when you tame her? With flying not being a thing, it occurs to me that a dedicated lowbie* MIGHT be able to acquire all the bits if nothing's hidden behind quest-related phasing (which it hasn't seemed like it has been, since a lot of the work has been done on premade 100s). On the flip side, if she's 100 someone with massive inventory management issues may not want to start until they know they can combine all the pieces of the effigy and finish (or get closer to finishing) the line to actually pick her up.

(*and by lowbie in this case I mean someone in the 90-99 range, with Ashran the way it is I'm not sure you could really take a mage portal as a level 69 or w/e and actually get to Draenor proper the way you can finagle your way into Pandaria at level one. Though I don't know, warlocks still exist I guess.)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Darkbrew
Realm: Drenden

Unread post by Darkbrew »

Hi to answer a previous poster's question about the Void Lantern, you cannot loot it again after you've gone into the void realm. You can go back into the realm without it though. I'm assuming that going into the void realm checks off a "quest box" so to speak.

Alas, no running around as a Shadow Hunter this expansion (well if you don't care about having the pet you can).
Abraxusta

Unread post by Abraxusta »

Thanks to all who also sought the answer to this riddle.
Man I do not know how many times I've walked past this stupid tree. Somehow he really looked so different. But there is something to do with a sword has the is in it. Very unusual, unusual but really super great and unique because nowadays everyone in WoW also can not get everything. What has made it rather more interesting for me to find something special and yet in WoW.

The next step is find out all the new "rare" mounts, spawnpoints and timer.

Kind regards
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I leave this thread alone for a day and it doubles in size what.

(Also congrats all! TEAM EFFORT WIN.)
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

That's so cool!! =) She is really beautiful... You all did amazing work figuring it out! <3

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Toothy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uther/Runetotem

Unread post by Toothy »

I think the BEST part of all of this was seeing all the hunters on petopia in game. That was amazing, I got to see Bendak, and he even replied to some of my posts on this forum :D (I follow his blog) Though I couldn't say anything in game because I'm horde. Also saw Zarra, not sure of the petopia name, and a few others like Aiofe. Maybe saw Lupen as well, but all in all it was great. It was definitely a fun and unforgettable experience of how united the hunter community can be. Even those not in beta, like Kayro, tried their best by giving suggestions! Very soon I will get gara too (once servers are back up *sigh*) and then edit this post. :) Makes me think we should do community hunter stuff sometime, this was really fun!

Edit: Got Garra on Monday once servers were finlly back up! She is so beautiful and a wonderful companion!
Attachments
Me and Gara! :D
Me and Gara! :D
WoWScrnShot_090914_040944.jpg (338.73 KiB) Viewed 4347 times
Last edited by Toothy on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heleos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Heleos »

From the bottom my heart - thank you guys for the hardwork you put in. Wasn't in beta but it was exciting trying to give suggestions and watching everything progress.

Noah - thank you for giving Hunters everywhere this quest. I appreciate the love, and send right back! Cant wait for WoD!!!!! =D
Heleos
Night Elf Hunter
Medivh- US