Gara

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rodhake
Realm: kazzak eu

Re: Gara

Unread post by Rodhake »

i can do it then servers comes up i got 2 gara atm :P
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Something I was wondering but was too excited to try when getting Gara; what happens if you kill her instead of tame her? Might go back in and try if I can summon Xan again, but just curious.

Edit: Tried it, felt terrible about it. But she's actually immortal, so you can't kill her :P But I can confirm at least that you can go back and tame Gara as many times as you want. Whether you abandon her or want another Gara for whatever reason.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Rodhake
Realm: kazzak eu

Unread post by Rodhake »

nothing atm i think u have to tame in order to go on
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Oh wow, has it only been 24 hours since I last looked here (feels like two days... has it been 2 days? Ugh I need a vacation)? :lol: grats guys! I had completely forgotten that tree existed. O_o Now at THAT part I definitely feel all "Oh, duh" hahaha
Despite still not really liking how random this entire thing seemed, it was really cool, and now that the story is complete I have to say that I LOVE it. I finished it and got all teary eyed. ;_;
I hope more tames similar to this happen, maybe with different flares, maybe one where there are vague in-game hints or riddles, but still with great stories to them!

Will get the front page updated now that we've solved it.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Congratulations to all the amazing work and super sleuthing guys and girls. Also a MASSIVE thanks to Mr Muff for giving us an awesome experience to all enjoy, can't wait to participate in this story once WoD come out. <3

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by moonone »

Yeah I did some testing too - accidently posted it in upcoming beast post - lol

You cant kill Gara - and if someone else tries to tame your Gara at the end of the tame she will die :O
also her spirit walk seems to be bugged - cant take it off or put it on pet bar

Ran around till I phased out in each direction - didn't see anything of note - particularly the wandering SB - if that's not one of Gara's already seen forms??

obligatory Gara shot

Greetings from Frostwall!

once again - grats to all on their new friend - thanks Muffinus - /salute /love hunter community
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I had the feeling this morning that something on this thread has been posted. I always wake up and there's seventeen more pages or something :lol: anyway, well done guys! You guys are brilliant, and you can finally stop losing sleep over Gara!

I was gonna make Gara male but...I think she can remain female. I wonder how early on this quest line thingy can be completed...I do know that once I reach 100, this will be my first stop :D

You guys did it. The struggle is over :headbang:
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Miacoda wrote:I had completely forgotten that tree existed. O_o Now at THAT part I definitely feel all "Oh, duh" hahaha
Looking back there still were no real big hints that Gara & the void were connected to that tree. Now that we've figured this all out it does make sense. But while I knew something was up with that tree from the start of beta, I just thought it still hadn't been implemented yet. I mean who would've thought the tree was corrupted by void energy? And that a blade would appear in its trunk after using the lantern?

But I just can't believe we never thought to at least check it when it seemed like we checked literally every other place in Shadowmoon valley! :lol: Places that didn't even have any void presence just hoping we'd find something. I guess it's hard to think of checking a tree of all things though. :P

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

So I was trying to do my obligatory Gara pic, but Gara appeared and kinda photobombed her own pic :O

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

You guys figure it out the day before I get beta invite. D:

Has anyone done a small guide on doing it yet? I can't imagine people are going to want to sift through 44+ pages when WoD launches. :P
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I wonder if they will take our feedback and make it possible to figure all this out from in game clues.

Also I hope we get some insight on some of the parts, like Lord of Glass. :)

-----
Edit: Myzou, try this guide by Bendak: http://eyesofthebeast.com/2014/09/gara- ... ing-quest/
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by moonone »

Lupen202 wrote:
Miacoda wrote:I had completely forgotten that tree existed. O_o Now at THAT part I definitely feel all "Oh, duh" hahaha
Looking back there still were no real big hints that Gara & the void were connected to that tree. Now that we've figured this all out it does make sense. But while I knew something was up with that tree from the start of beta, I just thought it still hadn't been implemented yet. I mean who would've thought the tree was corrupted by void energy? And that a blade would appear in its trunk after using the lantern?

But I just can't believe we never thought to at least check it when it seemed like we checked literally every other place in Shadowmoon valley! :lol: Places that didn't even have any void presence just hoping we'd find something. I guess it's hard to think of checking a tree of all things though. :P
Yeah - was kinda surprised alliance missed that for so long - if that tree was in FFR I certainly would have checked it within an hour or two of having the lantern. Wish I had explored Shadowmoon more - and not spend 3 hours scouring FFR every inch figuring that's what Alliance was doing in Shadowmoon. Oh well, shoulda coulda woulda - can't say I wasn't having fun regardless or even if it lasted another week or two.
Darkbrew
Realm: Drenden

Unread post by Darkbrew »

For those still checking back here, I chronicled this epic journey on my blog. For those interested you can read it here - http://thebrewhall.com/2014/09/09/gara-solved/

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

i wish Gara would have stayed white with smoke effect.
IMO that looks nicer, but gratz everyone on solveing this puzzle.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

Along the vein of Mother Om'ra saying maybe we can reverse the process, I brought Gara to Moonwillow Peak -- an uncorrupted tree of the same variety:

Thing is, on the current build, clickable items in the world (mines/herbs at least) are broken so looking for something at the present moment might not yield anything. Anyway, just a thought :)

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Perhaps there's more? :P I don't think so. But maybe Gara had a mate, who also died. In freeing her soul/saving her you've awoken this wolf. He could be of the original Gara skin, which a misty white appearance. He could also be highly aggressive, and perhaps could be a challenge tame?

I'm still waiting for the original Gara model, the fel wolf and the cinder wolf to come along. However, I know how to get my beautiful void wolf now :3 he's going to be coming home ASAP, once I hit 100.
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

I love Gara's look, but I'm definitely excited to hear the Fel-wolf will be up possibly as another tame soon. OMG I WANT ONE SO BAD!
Zgar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Illidan

Unread post by Zgar »

Re-did the quest line and recorded it, made a video guide for people who are just tuning in. Uploading as I type this, I'll update with the link when its done.

Edit: The quality kinda sucks, but its a full guide. Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xby2WMg ... e=youtu.be
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

I'm just adding some more of my speculating and random pointing out things for the heck of it....I notice crap...just not enough to be helpful for the Gara search in time it seems XD

So I just finished in Oshu'gun with K'ure turning into Decimatus. And I took a picture because it reminded me of someone....

Hm....looks oddly familiar to our Lord of Glass huh? (you can see a good closeup of Xan on How to Tame Gara from Bendak's blog to compare them.)

This is probably the nail in the coffin that Xan is a fallen Naaru....the question is, which one? We know of 4 of them, I just don't remember the other 3 and which we have seen (I notice, but I don't always remember well XD!) Or could Xan be a totally different Naaru?
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Now that I have Gara to look forward to, it's going to be such a long wait until November! ...I mean, I was excited before, but Gara is gorgeous.

Well, we do know that Naaru have a cycle--they spend time as a being of light, then a being of dark, then back again. Although I didn't know that happened to K'ure!
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!