Gara

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Drain
Realm: Dark Iron

Re: Gara

Unread post by Drain »

Ohh well that is good to know. Thanks! I read this entire thread, but I somehow missed that, lol.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

(BTW, I just deleted the core posts of the "blow up", including most of the follow ups that were related only to it. The thread can stay on track :) )
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

A side question seeing I am scouring around wow head,

Anyone here that finished the complete quests chains in shadowmoon on a horde/ally character?
Can you remember if you had a quest that involved purifying a Naaru?

Edit I think I found that one already (it involve k'ara at the pillars of light I guess :P)

So that only leaves A'dal and D'ore unaccounted for as potential naruu that can be corrupted and turned in to the lord of glass.....
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I did see a tweet that said taming Gara isn't meant to be obvious. Doesn't strike me as the best design direction. I am incredibly grateful hunters got such a neat thing to do with taming a pet, but I guess I am thinking about the people who aren't as resourceful with digging through databases but still want to figure things out for themselves and not be spoiled by websites that finally figure it out. A challenge that requires in-game detective work is a wonderful idea, but as it stands in its current iteration, the playing field is not level for everyone to figure this out. Honestly, I know I wouldn't have pieced it together without the help of the posts here that found the database stuff. The only reason we connected the spirit effigy to Gara is the database spell ID's, right? That level of detective work... IDK I don't want to sound ungrateful, but that just seems like an ill advised requirement for this. Maybe they will find mercy on us and place in game hints on the items that aren't too obvious but at least levels the playing field and doesn't require people piece together the story from spell IDs in a database. :)
Wain wrote:(BTW, I just deleted the core posts of the "blow up", including most of the follow ups that were related only to it. The thread can stay on track :) )
OOOOOOH this makes sense. As someone just catching up this morning, I was confused as hell over the last few pages :lol: Good call though!
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Sometimes I think peoples passions get the better of them. I wish I could help, I just don't have a hunter that can just yet, idk if I want to start trudging through on another toon on beta. @_@
ImageImage
jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

Last night before I went to bed, I was chillin' in the Pillars of Fate area, with the buff on, and just really, really scouring it (again) but I hadn't been there in awhile so fresh eyes are a good thing.

I noticed one of the huts has all the symbols on the outside stones that are on the Gravestones by where Gara was initially - and it's not the hut that has the Power buff in it. It's the hut with the hanging/glowing stones over the top. The Stones match the area in Pillars of Fate where the Elite Voidwalker is. I'll take a screenshot later (I do my pet battling stuff first in the AMs, make my videos and what not :) ) but it just tickled my brain. I've never tried to kill the Voidwalker - he's elite! :) Though, admittedly BM hunters are just as strong as they are in live (I nearly solo'd Demidos last night and was able to solo Xothear earlier) so I dunno why I was afraid of the Voidwalker! lol

Anyway I *do* wonder if we get the daily for the "Enclave" and we're up to the Lantern part of the Gara quest, if something different happens when we're at the Pillars of Fate. Moonone, that makes sense to me and I totally see where you're going with that. I will be anxiously looking at my Garrison dailies every day now until I get to try it!! :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

jensketch wrote:Anyway I *do* wonder if we get the daily for the "Enclave" and we're up to the Lantern part of the Gara quest, if something different happens when we're at the Pillars of Fate. Moonone, that makes sense to me and I totally see where you're going with that. I will be anxiously looking at my Garrison dailies every day now until I get to try it!! :)
I've not messed much with the Garrison quests/events on beta. I assume these Operation quests are one a day, chosen from a random pool of different Operation quests? I think the achievement listed like 10 or so different Operation quests. Is that how it works? I am curious if anyone has completed the quest while under the lantern effect (I haven't been able to keep clear track after reading the last few pages). I assume its group content as well, the quest mentions a 5 man elite I believe.
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by moonone »

/cowers into room
<<
>>
/flicks dust off shoulders (ooh - maybe that was dandruff)

Finally checked out Shattrath - lots of interesting stuff there for sure - was fun getting around - nothing a little camo / deter running / pet tricking (mob in the way - pick a mob further out but make sure you are in line and send your pet - will kite the mob far enough away to do what you want to do, especially useful for mobs that hit really hard) / and general engineer stuff.
Think the demon motif isn't what we are looking for though - just my line of thinking
"these are not the mobs you are looking for"

Did not have daily for Enclave - waiting with baited breath :/

fwiw - I'm a hunter - /wave. That's all I have ever played since launch. Started on Alliance with a nelf hunter but changed over to Horde when BC hit. You could say I have patience and a high tolerance playing all these years just one character class - but I enjoy it so much. Sure its been hard figuring this mystery out - but I have enjoyed just about every minute of it. Made me use skills and tactics I haven't had to use in years. Between exploring and fighting all manners of mobs looking around - I can say I have truly gotten used to how our class will come out of Beta. Other than a slight feel of not enough focus power - it feels good.
I have also played Beast Master spec the most out of all of them, vanilla was a little different, but ever since BC I started using BM more and more. When the spirit beasts were released (during our spec overhauls) it solidified the fact - I was a Beast Master.
Back in the day - you know - when we had to kite backwards up a hill while jumping in circles and /emoting to the world and eating a soggy sandwich - just to get to school (and that epic bow) we had some crazy pet stuff going on. You had to feed you pet so he was happy, run around the entirety (of WOW - like two giant continents with no flying mounts) of Kalimdor and EK just so we could teach our pets the skills they would use. AMG - it was nutso and very cool at the same time. But we did it (sure we may have used thottbot - lol - no wowhead back then) and we loved it.
What's the point dude? - well my point is - be a hunter - love it - hunting is patience - hunting is adaptability - hunting is sitting there for days on end not getting sleep so you could tame a spotted cat. Don't get discouraged -

wait for it

incoming awefully cheesy quote

"let it go - let it go".....

yada yada - blah blah

ok - /salute
now put that hunter face back on and get to it - or you know - go watch a movie or go outside (its crazy cool out there - even though it seems to be falling apart at the seems :/)

and - thank you dearly Muffinus -

Because she's the pet hunters deserve, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt her. Because we can take it. Because she's not a beast. She's a Spirit Beast. A watchful protector. A Void Wolf.

so there's enough cheese for ya to make a samwich.
sezz

Unread post by sezz »

There's a cave in Nagrand with Void-Crazed Spirits and a clickable skull in it. I already did all the quests there on my (horde) monk, I think it was not related to any quest.

My hunter is only 94, nothing happens when I use it - did anyone try this at level 100?

Btw: Could this (old) hint be related to the Spires of Arak? "/praisethesun" - I'm not into lore but according to this completely unrelated mount collecting page the Arakkoa worship the sun. (Or was it only a hint that we need to go to the daily area in SMV that can only be reached when coming from SoA to get the lantern?)
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

messed around in that cave - didn't find anything - have done every quest horde side - don't remember doing something in that cave quest wise - but its been a bit and there's been a lot of quests :D

Not sure if that tweet was a hint and related (directed) for/at us. If it was - yeah what you said is plausible.

Just got power font buff again - this time I just stood there for the 5 min until it wore off - not sure if it made a noise or not when it dropped - wasn't paying enough attention.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Has anyone tried using the lantern while you've got that power don't buff? I'd do it myself but apparently I'm not good enough for beta :P
Rodhake
Realm: kazzak eu

Unread post by Rodhake »

Kayro wrote:Has anyone tried using the lantern while you've got that power don't buff? I'd do it myself but apparently I'm not good enough for beta :P
give me 5 min and i do it
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rodhake wrote:
Kayro wrote:Has anyone tried using the lantern while you've got that power don't buff? I'd do it myself but apparently I'm not good enough for beta :P
Alrighty. Thank you! :)
Rodhake

Unread post by Rodhake »

Kayro wrote:
Rodhake wrote:
Alrighty. Thank you! :)
nothing its the same
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Damn...well. I'll have to think of some other ideas I reckon. Perhaps there's more than one font that we haven't found yet? I'm kinda out of ideas. This search is running us dry.
Rodhake

Unread post by Rodhake »

so where have we seen the font so far? i know pillar,anguish fort, shattra, burial ground
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Have you gone to all of the fonts we know of? Perhaps we should try them all before trying other sources? Perhaps the others have found other fonts? I don't see anyone else online atm, but I reckon someone else has found a font we don't know of yet.
Toothy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uther/Runetotem

Unread post by Toothy »

Right now I'm taking a break from this problem. I am just doing some dailies and stuff while under the lantern buff.
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

so I got into SMBG (heroic) again. 1h20m long Q - yay

noticed something when we got to the big worm - when he is up - there is purple barrier so you cant just run past and up stairs to last boss

I also noticed on the left hand side there was also a purple barrier

Eh - odd

and the platform was made like the normal way you go - like it was a different direction.

after we wiped on boss a couple times - group fell apart - so I went back to that area.

well - if the name of that room isn't suspicious also - here are two pics
some things to note - the room name again - the debuff you get - it doesn't allow casting or use of items
the rock I am on - you can disengage over to platform - and this is the only thing you can do and probably way to get over.

now - that's as far as I could go - invisible wall of stoppage. If last boss was down - could I have gone further? - look at mini map - there is some room back there kinda.

just some thoughts - that maybe there is a little left to do with SMBG - did people who ran heroic go back through dung to look for stuff after boss was down?

some stuff to ponder - though my eggs are still somewhat firmly in the shadowmoon enclave basket :D

also - Muffinus said it wasn't supposed to be easy - right
maybe you need to do a run of heroic mode without a single wipe - so that lantern buff never falls off your char. The ease of which one can die in there makes me wonder if anyone has actually done that yet with buff - I have never been in a group that did not wipe at least once - even when they knew what was going on (my first heroic run oddly enough lol)

also from what I tested I couldn't get the font buff at the other huts with similar light coming out of table - is this possible? Though I only remember checking the hut down by lvl 90 void wolves - didn't find one in Anguish that I remember.
Rodhake

Unread post by Rodhake »

i did not wipe but strange thing in the last boss room was i saw undead with tracking but could not see them