Gara

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Gara

Unread post by Miacoda »

So... I believe this is new?

At The Burial Fields in Shadowmoon Valley there's a spirit wolf named Gara lying with some graves and the entire thing is terribly depressing and is making me cry but it's very interesting in that you can interact with her, but you can only scratch her behind the ears in Beast Mastery spec. Now, I have only tried Beast Mastery and Marksmanship, but I'm assuming this is a BM Hunter only thing and I would love to see other classes/specs test this out. So far nothing happens when I scratch her behind the ears. I've tweeted Jeremy about this and I'm hoping to get some clues from him. :lol: I've been running around The Burial Grounds a lot just because I feel like there's a lot of mysterious things going on and today is the first time I've ever seen Gara.

Talking to her in BM spec:

Talking to her in Marks spec:

And her location on the map:
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_080214_011355.jpg
WoWScrnShot_080214_011355.jpg (166.31 KiB) Viewed 29184 times
WoWScrnShot_080214_011339.jpg
WoWScrnShot_080214_011339.jpg (67.15 KiB) Viewed 29184 times
WoWScrnShot_080214_020147.jpg
WoWScrnShot_080214_020147.jpg (63.5 KiB) Viewed 29184 times
WoWScrnShot_080214_020443.jpg
WoWScrnShot_080214_020443.jpg (101.5 KiB) Viewed 29184 times
Last edited by Miacoda on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Re: Gara

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

ahh that is so interesting and so sad! D: come here wolf let me love you! >.<
I gotta know the story behind this now.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Why's it always wolves? We had a soppy wolf in Pandaria that we actually got to keep (Dog on the farm), so why not something more Draenor-ish? Like a flushed Ravager or an Elekk that was friends with an Orc or something? I'm tired of dumb dogs after just one.

Either way, all these tiny insignificant things they're adding make the world that much more enjoyable. Tiny lost rings and necklaces, NPCs moving according to more than just scripts, better writing, no feces jokes, and so on really add to the atmosphere, even if all of this is just some side story that will be forgotten eventually.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've been trying to work this out too. I'm not sure what could be involved (or it could simply not be implemented yet). I even tried talking to her while dead. I think she's been in a couple of patches at least, though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

My hope is she's a new spirit beast, since the interaction is BM-only.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Part of me wants to say "oh wow could it be a BM thing where you scratch him bed the ears and he's meant to go all looney on you and than you can tame him?" But the other three quarters say that's what our own pets would be like if we were to pass away. They'd just sit there...staring at our grave...GOSH LEMME LOVE YOU WOLFIE!!! :3
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Wain wrote:My hope is she's a new spirit beast, since the interaction is BM-only.
I do too, but the thing is so depressing...part of me would like to tame her/him simply because he/she is lonely. But then, they'd never accept you as their hunter. Or would they?

If the void wolf is tamable is to be a SB as they say and this beauty becomes a SB...that's two wolf spirits. I'd like to say that's too many, even if it's only two, but we've got 4 spirit kitties, 3 with the same model and 2 sharing a path. Should I continue with my quest for Karoma...I'd hate to not have enough room for Gara should he/she become tamable.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

WerebearGuy wrote:Why's it always wolves? We had a soppy wolf in Pandaria that we actually got to keep (Dog on the farm), so why not something more Draenor-ish? Like a flushed Ravager or an Elekk that was friends with an Orc or something? I'm tired of dumb dogs after just one.

Either way, all these tiny insignificant things they're adding make the world that much more enjoyable. Tiny lost rings and necklaces, NPCs moving according to more than just scripts, better writing, no feces jokes, and so on really add to the atmosphere, even if all of this is just some side story that will be forgotten eventually.
Wolves are pretty draenor-ish but I guess more for horde side. Frost wolves are a big part of the main story line for horde, and every(?) Frostwolf Orc has its wolf, and they each have a very strong bond. Playing through FFR a bit makes Gara all the more depressing. :/

(and what do you mean no feces jokes? :P)

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Doesn't that kinda look like an updated version of the spirit wolf? (i.e. Karoma) Kinda cool. Would be nice if it was tameable, yeah.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

Qraljar wrote:Doesn't that kinda look like an updated version of the spirit wolf? (i.e. Karoma) Kinda cool. Would be nice if it was tameable, yeah.
if they ever changed the original spirit wolf model to the wolfwithtolargeheaditshouldfalloveronitsface id be upset.
I dont see it impossible that it could be a new model spirit wolf though but not really a update on the old.

old coyote model still best wolf model imo

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Lupen202 wrote:
WerebearGuy wrote:Why's it always wolves? We had a soppy wolf in Pandaria that we actually got to keep (Dog on the farm), so why not something more Draenor-ish? Like a flushed Ravager or an Elekk that was friends with an Orc or something? I'm tired of dumb dogs after just one.

Wolves are pretty draenor-ish but I guess more for horde side. Frost wolves are a big part of the main story line for horde, and every(?) Frostwolf Orc has its wolf, and they each have a very strong bond. Playing through FFR a bit makes Gara all the more depressing. :/

(and what do you mean no feces jokes? :P)
Exactly. Wolves are an LARGE part of orc culture, which WoD is focusing a lot on if you couldn't tell from the orc clans on the logo. :P

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Miacoda

Unread post by Miacoda »

It's not a new model, just an effect put on the white WoD worg model, it would seem.
But yeah, this thing is so DEPRESSING like I haven't even quested on Horde side yet but oh my GOSH give me a sad loyal canine story and I will cry. When I first saw this I was just "Don't tear up.... don't you dare... no... ;_;"

AKA TheDoomcookie

Miacoda

Unread post by Miacoda »

He never lets us down (for the most part ;))! Can't wait to see what this will be when fully implemented!

Attachments
Thanks Jeremy.png
Thanks Jeremy.png (37.43 KiB) Viewed 29184 times

AKA TheDoomcookie

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

My hopes are soaring! I'd love a little RP event with Gara. When you touch him, he could see you as worthy. You remind him of his hunter, and he wants to join you. But first, you met best him. Thus, taming begins. And thus, you gain a loyal companion. He could have emotes, like really special ones. Not using pet emote, he could sometimes look at you with big eyes. Or maybe, we can interact with all of our pets? I'd love to be able to scratch Felrius behind his ears.

Oh! When we go AFK our pets could sit or lie down or something like Gara! Oooh endless possibilites! But I'm getting off track. Indicating rerailling sequence now.

Don't worry Mia, you aren't the only one who cried a little. I admit I made some odd sniffle noises, flailed my arms around and then had to fetch a tissue. I'm looking forward to see what they do with Gara actually. I mean, warlocks have a special quest chain. Why can't hunters have a mini one? Nothing drastic, but some quests where we try to gain the trust of Gara.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Miacoda wrote:He never lets us down (for the most part ;))! Can't wait to see what this will be when fully implemented!

Now I'm thinking maybe it's a breadcrumb to a new special tame pet, the WoD version of tracked rares in MoP/Molten Front special tames. Or am I overthinking it??
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks Mia :)

It's good to know I can stop worrying about it for now, too. Spent ages trying to think of things to try :P
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Oh my. Poor pup :cry: :hug:

Thanks Mia for posting that. Cannot wait to see what happens.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I really hope that it's not just a lead to the voidwolf tame. My orc huntress doesn't care much about the voidwolf, but would kill for an uncorrupted wolf spirit :)

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

:)
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Bendak wrote:Image

:)
<3 the sound of this!! A quiet quest line that tugs at the heart and creates bonding sounds awesome. :)