Nov 13Th

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Nov 13Th

Unread post by Rawr »

WoD happens :mrgreen:

Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Re: Nov 13Th

Unread post by Jelani »

Dat cinematic O_O

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yup! That cinematic was great!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I had major lag the whole way through, my God it was nasty. November the 13th? I'm thinking anniversary. That's a week or so afterwards. That's a week to level to 100. That's around 1.5 levels a day, if my math is correct. I'll level at my own pace. I I don't get the corehound, then whatever. I'm just so happy it's coming out sooner than I thought ^_^

Best cinematic ever!

I guess them having MC come out a week or so afterwards is fine. It means the corehound mount will be a lot more unique. Perhaps they'll have the MC last for a month? I hope so. Give some people time :)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kayro wrote:I had major lag the whole way through, my God it was nasty. November the 13th? I'm thinking anniversary. That's a week or so afterwards. That's a week to level to 100. That's around 1.5 levels a day, if my math is correct. I'll level at my own pace. I I don't get the corehound, then whatever. I'm just so happy it's coming out sooner than I thought ^_^

Best cinematic ever!

I guess them having MC come out a week or so afterwards is fine. It means the corehound mount will be a lot more unique. Perhaps they'll have the MC last for a month? I hope so. Give some people time :)
Anniversary is on the 17th of November.

LisaaraPokefarm

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

It seems like the worst possible date for the release given the proximity to the Anniversary. The only way the MC raid will work if it comes that soon after WoD release is if it scales everyone to the same level, probably to 90. There is no way I'll be leveled in 4 days, or even in a week and I don't want to do it that fast. A month seems good to me.

If it doesn't scale the people who want to take time leveling will have a hard time getting a group because after people get the rewards, they won't want to do it again.

The other alternative is to have it be part of the pre release event and have the MC raid before WoD releases. That doesn't seem likely though.

But man, 3 more months to wait is too long. I already don't even bother logging in more than once a week and not doing anything even then.
Last edited by Danielfboone on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

The anniversary stuff lasts for a few weeks doesn't it? I don't think people will need to rush in leveling to see MC.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Bonita wrote:The anniversary stuff lasts for a few weeks doesn't it? I don't think people will need to rush in leveling to see MC.
If they want the mount they will.

LisaaraPokefarm

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Bonita wrote:The anniversary stuff lasts for a few weeks doesn't it? I don't think people will need to rush in leveling to see MC.
It better scale because there is no way I'm rushing my leveling. I left the beta because I didn't want to see any more ahead of time (and because they wiped my characters again). I have no intention of going back into it.

Even 2 weeks to level would be rushing it for me.
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Bonita »

I just had my friend tell me the end date of the Anniversary and now I'm not as optimistic as I was lol. I didn't think about having to gear up :lol: It's too early for me to be awake.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Bonita wrote:I just had my friend tell me the end date of the Anniversary and now I'm not as optimistic as I was lol. I didn't think about having to gear up :lol: It's too early for me to be awake.
It's going to be LFR so gearing up won't be an issue. Quest gear will probably do.
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Bonita »

Danielfboone wrote:It's going to be LFR so gearing up won't be an issue. Quest gear will probably do.
I do hope so. My friend is convinced there is going to be an ilvl req on it and that he wont be able to make it.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Flight Rising!

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I'm guessing they'll do the MC raid as part of the pre-release content because I can't imagine players being happy about being given 1 week to level and prep for that.

If it's released after then I'm going to assume it'll be available for 4-6 weeks, to give players time to get leveled and get in.

Frankly I'm just happy that WoD will hit after Hallow's Eve since last xpac, I couldn't get multiple toons leveled in time to run the boss for multiple shots the mount. 4 years, 0 mount! :(
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

the 1st 3 days will be unplayable with lag/dcs :P
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Ziroth wrote:the 1st 3 days will be unplayable with lag/dcs :P
Those of us in Europe will have to wait until the 14th. At least that's a Friday, and so I'll have the weekend :) I'll be too excited to concentrate at school.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Since I've never had many problems with the other expansions, I doubt that will be the case.
Scotty
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub & Hyjal (US)

Unread post by Scotty »

Nah, never had a problem before. The only issue, with Mists release at least, was about 400 people piled on top of the quest givers on the airship and very few things to kill in Pandaria since it respawned slow. lol. Other than that, I had no issues.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Scotty wrote:The only issue, with Mists release at least, was about 400 people piled on top of the quest givers on the airship and very few things to kill in Pandaria since it respawned slow. lol. Other than that, I had no issues.
I didn't have an issue with this! ... then again, it was two weeks before I even set foot in Pandaria for the first time, because there was other interesting stuff to catch up on first. Pet battles, and in Cataclysm, old world quests and leveling Archaeology. I'm hoping that WoD will be the same way, with something that I'll be able to enjoy doing time on for a while, before moving on a couple weeks later when the flood has passed!
Come see Kurasu's stables!