Saw a hunter with the Skeleton Wind serpent!!

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Jottafin
Realm: Draenor EU

Saw a hunter with the Skeleton Wind serpent!!

Unread post by Jottafin »

I am watching Syiler's live stream (1-100 without sleep) and as he was riding around I saw a hunter with the skeleton wind serpent that can be found in Tanaris!

Has anyone else got access to the Beta that can confirm them being tameable?? I've wanted these as pets ever since Cataclysm!
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Re: Saw a hunter with the Skeleton Wind serpent!!

Unread post by Jurz »

Yes, they are currently tamable in Beta

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Jottafin
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Jottafin »

That is just fantastic!! Thank you!

I really hope we get more stable slots, or I'mma have to start saying goodbye to some of my pets...
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I got my fingers crossed that this isn't one of those "beta glitches" where something that's really not meant to be tamed can be tamed in the beta.
I've also loved those skeletal wind serpents since they appeared.

(totally off topic: now please, Blizzard, add a wind serpent battlepet!!!!)

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

i saw a screenie on a post on here a while ago, it got me real excited too XD
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

I'm also keeping my fingers super crossed for this one as I've been eyeing it for years. If it stays tameable I also hope that might eventually extend to the skeletal raptors romping around. I've been dying for one of those since they were added in cata. They'd all work especially well with Thwip since she's...kinda...ya know...dead too. Uwahaha.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Thwip wrote:I'm also keeping my fingers super crossed for this one as I've been eyeing it for years. If it stays tameable I also hope that might eventually extend to the skeletal raptors romping around. I've been dying for one of those since they were added in cata. They'd all work especially well with Thwip since she's...kinda...ya know...dead too. Uwahaha.
I'm kinda suspecting that they're going to make the one tameable, and leave the Tanaris serpents as 'undead'. I've no *proof* of that, but that's my guess as to the plans.

I could see doing the same thing for the raptors as well: make one 'beast' rare and keep the rest as they are. For myself, I'm not fussed either way; I never had an urge to tame an undead/ghostly *anything*, other than Olm... and that's just because he's Olm. They just look and feel wrong to me! But that's me. :)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Thwip »

Kurasu wrote:
Thwip wrote:I'm also keeping my fingers super crossed for this one as I've been eyeing it for years. If it stays tameable I also hope that might eventually extend to the skeletal raptors romping around. I've been dying for one of those since they were added in cata. They'd all work especially well with Thwip since she's...kinda...ya know...dead too. Uwahaha.
I'm kinda suspecting that they're going to make the one tameable, and leave the Tanaris serpents as 'undead'. I've no *proof* of that, but that's my guess as to the plans.

I could see doing the same thing for the raptors as well: make one 'beast' rare and keep the rest as they are. For myself, I'm not fussed either way; I never had an urge to tame an undead/ghostly *anything*, other than Olm... and that's just because he's Olm. They just look and feel wrong to me! But that's me. :)
I love these types of pets! For Thwip specifically since I would assume she'd be able to bond with them on a a level that she might not be able to with her more normal pets. I just really, really enjoy the idea of my undead character running around with undead pets. It just makes sense. :> I'm already plotting for that lovely sickly gazelle and I was just debating getting a bear again. I don't care much for the coyote model which is the only reason I don't have a sickly one of those, but my little Forsaken hunter Lymphoma on Nesingwary has a full stable of deathly ill pets.

For Xanbu I feel the ghostly pets for him are a more a....respect thing? Most of his are named after Loa, even though I see them more as 'Aspects' of his Loa and his way of worshipping them on some level. Not all of them are -his- specific Loa, but I assume most trolls have a healthy respect for them all. This serpent would make a nice companion to his 'Hakkar' in my stable as a better fit for the 'Quetz'lun' pet I have currently.

I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed, but try not to get my hopes up too high. I know we really just can't have everything ever even if we want it. :lol:

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Aeze
Realm: Krasus(EU)

Unread post by Aeze »

I went to tannaris and was unable to tame one.

Then I went to Drak Tharon and tried The Prophet Tharon'ja and he is untamable.

If this skelletal wind serpent is tamable, any idea how or where to find him?
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I dont think they are tameable. I think it was a trinket that turned your serpent into one and turned you into something else. There's a thread addressing transformation stuff.

forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=22689

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Thwip »

Actually, if you check further in the thread you linked and page 91 of the Potentials thread. They are currently a mob that can be tamed on beta. How long they'll be that way, we're not sure, but I think a lot of us are really crossing our fingers.

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

It'd be cool if they were, definitely! I wouldn't get the hopes too high, just to be safe, however.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Bluefire
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Duskwood

Unread post by Bluefire »

Jurz wrote:Yes, they are currently tamable in Beta
Can you provide a screencap and/or location of the tameable ones? because the ones in Tanaris are not tameable.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Come see Kurasu's stables!