Emerald Drake Source Discussion

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Emerald Drake Source Discussion

Unread post by Krysteena »

Wain. Be thankful you don't know which Drake Quivering was talking about. Just...don't ask about him. Please *begs on knees*

My, that Drake you know looks fabulous. I now know who the first duck face was made by :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

:lol:
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I'll add that in Beta I have this acheivement and received the Emerald Drake in the mail but I can't learn it or use it yet. Maybe it's still being tweeked who knows.

I also tried DS 10m on a pre made 100 for those worried about soloing in WoD and I can confirm the bosses all but lay down and die for you. The only thing that might need tweeking is Spine but I've said why in Quivering's thread :) Thats pretty much your only worry for the Blazing Drake farm atm. I'm pretty sure the re-jigging of Spine was mentioned by Blizzard somewhere so I'd wait till live to have kittens about mechanics!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Yeah, fortunately they are aware of the Spine issue, (Which to be fair is pretty dam annoying) as the LeCraft has already mentioned changes to it, regarding the farming of DS for the blazing for this achievement.
Sandstone replaced with Purple Netherwing Drake. @WatcherDev has made quality of life improvements for soloing Spine.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Castile wrote:I'll add that in Beta I have this acheivement and received the Emerald Drake in the mail but I can't learn it or use it yet. Maybe it's still being tweeked who knows.

I also tried DS 10m on a pre made 100 for those worried about soloing in WoD and I can confirm the bosses all but lay down and die for you. The only thing that might need tweeking is Spine but I've said why in Quivering's thread :) Thats pretty much your only worry for the Blazing Drake farm atm. I'm pretty sure the re-jigging of Spine was mentioned by Blizzard somewhere so I'd wait till live to have kittens about mechanics!
Ahh that's good. If a premade can do it, then a geared lvl100 should have no problem. I'm guessing you have the onyxian and blazing drakes? Unless they're removing them...which flight is the blazing drake from? I thought bronze, because of the colour of its scales. But it's name would suggest the red flight. Something went wrong if the red drake turned orange. They must've thought it was dirty and out it in the washing machine *shrug*

Come on Draenor hurry up! I wanna solo deathwing now! I love the blazing drake. And the life-binders handmaiden. Do you reckon you could solo deathwing for the handmaiden, and perhaps if you soloed for that you could see a blazing drop?
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Kayro wrote: I'm guessing you have the onyxian and blazing drakes? Unless they're removing them...
In the Beta the pre-mades are given every mount :) So i'm not sure whats going on yet.

the blazing drake is from the red flight btw.

Shadowlands

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Castile wrote:
Kayro wrote: I'm guessing you have the onyxian and blazing drakes? Unless they're removing them...
In the Beta the pre-mades are given every mount :) So i'm not sure whats going on yet.

the blazing drake is from the red flight btw.
We already have a red drake on the list. So that makes two blacks and two reds.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Junrei wrote:We already have a red drake on the list. So that makes two blacks and two reds.
Actually if you wanna get super technical - 4 black, 2 red, 2 blue, 1 bronze - Twilight originate from black dragon eggs as do Netherdragons ;)

they should replace the netherdragon with 12-B imo - then 2x Eye drops, 2x DS drops, 2x OS drops :mrgreen:

Shadowlands

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Castile wrote:they should replace the netherdragon with 12-B imo - then 2x Eye drops, 2x DS drops, 2x OS drops :mrgreen:
My inner OCD LOVES the way that all lines up! Bring it on I say! :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I love 12-B! His colour scheme is simply stunning! I wouldn't want to see him on the list tho. I think Onyxia on the list is enough. I'm not too worried about this achievement, simply because I couldn't see myself using the emerald drake often enough.

What I say they do is add a red netherwing drake. So for having all netherwing drakes you get a red one. Pointless, I know, but I was just thinking on he he fact that we had netherwing drakes on the list for the emerald, but they aren't a large flight. I still think they should've kept it at one of every dragon flight. Red. Blue. Bronze. Black. Albino, if you wanted to add that one too.

What are the issues with soloing the spine of deathwing? I've never run that raid, simply because I don't trust myself to not make mistakes, so I've no idea of how you go at slaying deathwing and whatnot.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Well, Netherwing may have *originated* from black eggs originally, but they are their own 'flight' now. With their own names and everything. :) So as far as I'm concerned they're a new race as they've deliberately set themselves apart.

Twilight, while I wold count as another 'wing', still bear the names relating to their black ancestry (-ia and -ion).
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Kurasu wrote:Twilight, while I wold count as another 'wing'
:lol: I c what you did there../gold!

Shadowlands

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Kayro wrote:And the life-binders handmaiden. Do you reckon you could solo deathwing for the handmaiden, and perhaps if you soloed for that you could see a blazing drop?
As long as nothing changes for loot tables, you can loot Blazing off normal or heroic mode DW.
Kayro wrote:
What are the issues with soloing the spine of deathwing?
He rolls side to side based on where people are standing. If he rolls and you aren't tethered to his back, it instantly ends the fight. With 2 manning it's very simple, one person stands left and one stands right. But if you solo it, the game has a problem of balancing where your toon is standing and so he'll keep trying to roll.

One time I somehow got stuck after my partner DCed and he rolled left for over 2 minutes, nonstop. :lol:
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ahh that's good. So, as long as you were geared enough, you could solo heroic deathwing and have a chance of getting both drop :)

I see. That's what the "Do a barrel roll' achev means when it talks about rolls and stuff. I wonder if I could find someone in my guild who'd be willing to 2 man it with me. I mean, it did manage to get my item lvl up to 524. I discovered the item upgrade person ^_^ oh how behind I am. I reckon there's a few people who want to go to deathwing. I could imagine it being a faceroll, to a certain degree.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

peanutbuttercup wrote:He rolls side to side based on where people are standing. If he rolls and you aren't tethered to his back, it instantly ends the fight. With 2 manning it's very simple, one person stands left and one stands right. But if you solo it, the game has a problem of balancing where your toon is standing and so he'll keep trying to roll.
Yeah its no joke! I did it on beta and it was... interesting. You literally bounce from left to right constantly when you had an add up you are trying to get to 9 stacks. Left and right, left and right, the chat window is constantly:

Deathwing feels players on his right
Deathwing feels players on his left
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kurasu wrote:Well, Netherwing may have *originated* from black eggs originally, but they are their own 'flight' now. With their own names and everything. :) So as far as I'm concerned they're a new race as they've deliberately set themselves apart.

Twilight, while I wold count as another 'wing', still bear the names relating to their black ancestry (-ia and -ion).
Yeah Netherwing are their own thing as are Twilights. Blazing is not and I still strongly feel that should be removed.

LisaaraPokefarm

Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Hisae »

I agree. The achievement needs to cut out Onyxian (it's already part of the black flight) and the blazing drake to since it's not really a flight at all.

Black
Red
Blue
Bronze
Twilight
Nether

these are what should be incorporated into the achievement. I hope our lurker sees this and reports back and the achievement should be the way it is suppose to be. :D
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Hisae wrote:I agree. The achievement needs to cut out Onyxian (it's already part of the black flight) and the blazing drake to since it's not really a flight at all.

Black
Red
Blue
Bronze
Twilight
Nether

these are what should be incorporated into the achievement. I hope our lurker sees this and reports back and the achievement should be the way it is suppose to be. :D
This is definitely what I'd like to see. One of each and only one. All did take effort to get too.

LisaaraPokefarm

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Kayro wrote:I wonder if I could find someone in my guild who'd be willing to 2 man it with me. I mean, it did manage to get my item lvl up to 524. I discovered the item upgrade person ^_^ oh how behind I am. I reckon there's a few people who want to go to deathwing. I could imagine it being a faceroll, to a certain degree.
You quite literally just need someone to stand on the side opposite you, they don't really need to do anything otherwise.

When I 2 man I'm the counterweight so I just stand there. Because I'm not tanking adds I'm the only one targeted by the tentacles, but my pet can break me free from that. Otherwise I AFK and browse Petopia until the fight's over. :p I'm sure you could find someone who doesn't mind standing in one spot for 10 minutes. :)
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I'm still annoyed by the Blazing Drake requirement for the sole reason I have Life-Binder's Handmaiden. Just as rare...but not the right one! :<
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!