bagsize and number of alts?

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

bagsize and number of alts?

Unread post by Ana »

I always felt that we have to little space for our stuff... i got the maximum number of charecters and dont feel like deleting any but at the same time i miss starting new alts..

are there any news on more space, larger bags which does not cost the world to make and increasing number of alts?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Re: bagsize and number of alts?

Unread post by Shade »

I've not seen anything in the patch notes, and I read those religiously. Here are somethings that I have read here and there, I could be wrong, but so far this is what I have heard.

Some things though I have seen/read/heard rumored:

-Item stack size has increased from 20 to 99 or something like that.
-Heirloom items will be on a page in your spellbook instead of taking up bank space
-Toy items will be on a page in your spellbook instead of taking up bank/bag space
-There was talk about some kind of special storage for transmog supplies-low leaving clothing/weapons that is use for transmog
-There was also mention somewhere of increasing the number of void storage slots as well?

As for more character slots-I have not heard of any changes to the limit. But a thought, with the free level 90 boost, a good idea may be to just boost an alt toon to 90 on a different server and make them your main money maker on that server, then send stuff from them to new alts on that server?
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Does anyone know how the heirloom "bag" would work?

let's say you have one cloth heirloom set. is it in this special spellbook section only when no one is wearing it?
do all your alts have access to the single heirloom page? (I mean, if my main is holding it in his spellbook, will one of my alts see it in HIS spellbook?)

I don't imagine it means that a single heirloom set could be used simultaneously by multiple characters on an account?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I don't believe the heirloom bag is in ATM or will be in for launch, I think that was something that was delayed. (IDK why)

There is a whole new tab in the void storage for your tmogging needs.

With reagents getting their OWN TAB!!(Where you stack them up to 200 and can use them wherever you are) you can replace the bag in your bank that is for holding that stuff with a regular one to hold other things. :)

I have a beta account, and this is what I've seen in game so far. :) (They're also fixing a lot of the new toys from WoD to actually go into the toybox as well so we don't run into an issue of bags full of stuff again)
ImageImage
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Extra void storage tab + Toy Box + Reagant bank tab (and increased reagant stacks) does help a whole lot.

Plus you can craft as long as reagants are in your bank, dont have to keep them in your character bags to craft.

I am also someone who loves alts, especially now with new models. I'm waiting for my realm to get connected so I basically have 11 new slots on my realm.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

the reagant bank sounds good! and the extra void bank tab!

I dont want to be on another server.. it just feels wrong.. i got too many mule alts so maybe the reagant bank will help narrow it down a bit... i usually have one mule for each material there is..
One for cooking, one with cloths, one with enchanting mats, one with mining mats etc... takes up ALOT of space

but i do hope they introduce new alt slots too.. 15 characters on one server thanks :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Oohhh. The reagent bank slot will make my leatherworker very, very happy. She keeps a lot of rare materials in her bank for crafting stuff. :D And being able to empty the dust out of my guild bank and put it directly into my enchanter's bank makes me even happier.

Probably will make my guildmate even *happier*, considering he has an entire guild bank slot dedicated to enchanting materials just in case.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

wait.. so.. if there's a "Reagents" bag slot as of WoD, what will happen to all those big (and expensive) leathercrafting, herbalism, jewelcrafting, etc... bags we had made over the last while? do those just et turned into regular bags? or do they simply now become entirely pointless large bags in which we basically can't put anything?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

It depends on your definition of worthless, and what size bag you're working with. Crafted items (like cut gems) can't go into the reagent bank so if you're someone who cuts a lot of gems for the AH or whatever, your bag will still be marginally useful. Profession bags for gathering professions will also likely be useful for people who, you know, actually go out and farm in quantity since you can't deposit into the reagent bank unless you're at an actual bank. For the most part though, I don't think the profession bags will be nearly as useful as previously (and I never really found them all that useful to begin with, since you'd have to have more stuff in a profession bag on a regular basis than you could fix in a generic bag to make it worth the trouble; I used to run two herb bags on my hunter but as soon as she became my main I just couldn't afford those two bank or bag slots).

Currently, profession bags are still profession-specific on the beta (build 18816). I suspect the bigger ones will HAVE to stay that way because otherwise blizzard would open up "cheap" 32-slot bags and changing the size of a bag risks data loss and that'd be pretty devastating all round. Older profession bags (the 16- or 20-slot ones) MAY change to generic bags in the future like soul shard bags did, but I wouldn't really count on it.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.