WoD Brawlpub

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

WoD Brawlpub

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I don't think I've heard anything about the brawlpub yet, and it makes me wonder...
Could some lucky beta-tester check it out and see what's up, for both A and H?
- is it still there?
- are the bosses scaled or stayed the same?
- anything new?
- what about achis and rewards? Will we still be able to earn the MoP ones comes WoD?

The last one is, for me, the most important, since I've took it up seriously just recently, and keep wiping on Hexos, getting more and more stressed... :cry:

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Re: WoD Brawlpub

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

I just checked, and the bosses has been scaled up. :)

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Thank you :)
So I'd better complete it now, while I'm still anywhere near OP?
Kay... Mister Hellish Evil Xtreme Ocular Scumbag, I'm comming for ya... I think :?

Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

I guess you should. :)
I'm stuck on one of the bosses that I don't remember the name of. But at least I got the pet. :D

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

From what I understand season 1 of brawler's content is being retired (so the next installation should have new bosses) and the existing achievements are turning into legacy achievements (though there's currently still an achievement tied to the old bosses: "Now You're Just Showing Off" used to be just the optional 4 bosses but on beta they've added 8 old bosses to it, including Hexos). New content will be added for the new season.

It's not letting me queue in to fight since I'm still 90 on beta (and the NPC says I'm rank 1 on beta though I hit rank 10 live) and the cards for the special bosses all read level 100. Checked the vendor as well and the gear has been scaled up. The mount is now marked Rank 8, but that's not rank 8 carried over from season 1 of course.

The Brassiest Knuckle (1 hr teleport to brawler's) is not on the vendor so I'm wondering if that's been retired completely?
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I have not looked into it that much since i got my mount and do not want to go visit some of those suckers again. I know they are retiring a lot of the lvl 90 achives but I cant find anything about new bosses. I feel like we probably would have seen the new guys in beta by now if they were going to be there at launch so maybe they will just scale the old fights up to 100. don't know if your progress would be saved or reset like at the start of an arena season but i have not seen anything about the rewards being removed. I'm sure the mount and pet are safe at least.

just a little cheat for hexos...
If you are a clicker like me and just cant managed to mash the buttons and keep spinning then ask a real world friend for help. I was playing with a broken mouse so there was no way i could have gotten him down otherwise. if i wasn't giving all my attention to spinning, my mouse would bug out. :?
simplify your rotation down to your big cds and your most basic filler spells since you only need to pull 100k dps to kill him in time and then just have you and your buddy practice your respective jobs. I taught my sister the most basic parts of my BM rotation and just put everything on my main hotbar for her to mash while i practiced spinning. it was actually rather fun- i enjoyed that boss more than all the others due to the teamwork and the excitement of downing him together. :lol:

also a tip for the spinning part of the fight, don't look at or focus on your character. only watch hexos. I found that if i was trying to pay attention to what was coming at MY character i would react too late and since Hexo is a good two steps away from you, he would hit the wall. if you only look at him and concentrate on when he needs to move instead of thinking its your character that needs to move, then you have half a second of extra reaction time.

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

SylviaDragon wrote:I have not looked into it that much since i got my mount and do not want to go visit some of those suckers again. I know they are retiring a lot of the lvl 90 achives but I cant find anything about new bosses. I feel like we probably would have seen the new guys in beta by now if they were going to be there at launch so maybe they will just scale the old fights up to 100. don't know if your progress would be saved or reset like at the start of an arena season but i have not seen anything about the rewards being removed. I'm sure the mount and pet are safe at least.

just a little cheat for hexos...
If you are a clicker like me and just cant managed to mash the buttons and keep spinning then ask a real world friend for help. I was playing with a broken mouse so there was no way i could have gotten him down otherwise. if i wasn't giving all my attention to spinning, my mouse would bug out. :?
simplify your rotation down to your big cds and your most basic filler spells since you only need to pull 100k dps to kill him in time and then just have you and your buddy practice your respective jobs. I taught my sister the most basic parts of my BM rotation and just put everything on my main hotbar for her to mash while i practiced spinning. it was actually rather fun- i enjoyed that boss more than all the others due to the teamwork and the excitement of downing him together. :lol:

also a tip for the spinning part of the fight, don't look at or focus on your character. only watch hexos. I found that if i was trying to pay attention to what was coming at MY character i would react too late and since Hexo is a good two steps away from you, he would hit the wall. if you only look at him and concentrate on when he needs to move instead of thinking its your character that needs to move, then you have half a second of extra reaction time.
May I ask who Hexos is? People in my guild struggle with him and I've wanted to get that mushan and they keep talking about Hexos and reading this has confused me so much. Why'd ya need to spin round and round in circles? Is this one of those times when clickers are at a huge advantage? Curse my small hands. Yes I've got long fingers but not long enough apparently :?
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

SylviaDragon wrote:also a tip for the spinning part of the fight, don't look at or focus on your character. only watch hexos. I found that if i was trying to pay attention to what was coming at MY character i would react too late and since Hexo is a good two steps away from you, he would hit the wall. if you only look at him and concentrate on when he needs to move instead of thinking its your character that needs to move, then you have half a second of extra reaction time.
I think this is a "find what works for you" - when I did it the only thing I focused on was where the maze opening was, and the single pinpoint my camera was pointing at. Your toon can be facing any random direction but as long as the camera is pointed correctly, it will register that you're navigating safely.
Hexos is really just there as a distraction to make you hit other buttons while navigating.

Kayro: Hexos video with explanation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-OMuzDOatY
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Myrrmi »

This friday I'm staying at home with my sis, I'll try to get her help with it. She's not a wow player, but the very basic BM rotation is just 3 keys, so she could do it no-prob :)

I've also heard about another nice trick I'm going to use - if you, like me, have trouble with getting your face position right, mark yourself with the triangle raidmark. It's much easier to concentrate just on green triangle vs purple lines, than on everything at once.

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Kayro wrote:May I ask who Hexos is? People in my guild struggle with him and I've wanted to get that mushan and they keep talking about Hexos and reading this has confused me so much. Why'd ya need to spin round and round in circles? Is this one of those times when clickers are at a huge advantage? Curse my small hands. Yes I've got long fingers but not long enough apparently :?
Hexos is (currently) the first boss at Rank 8 in Brawler's Guild—he's the first boss you'll encounter if you did the bosses that BG launched with but haven't touched it since they added ranks 8-10. He's also known as "the Super Hexagon [expletive]" and he is absolutely not for clickers because keyboard turning will NOT turn you fast enough, no matter how hard you press down on it, haha. His gimmick is basically that you're rooted in place in the center of the arena and Durumu Jr. (the special boss-style observer) is latched onto your face.* Bright purple shapes in a variety of styles but often with only one (MAYBE two) breaks are created at the edges of the arena and slowly get smaller and smaller, centering on your character. If your character's face and/or Hexos himself (who, remember, is latched onto your face*) touches one of those purple lines, you instantly die**. The strategy for beating him is to be able to do 11.2? million damage in about two minutes while constantly swiveling your camera up to 180° around so as not to die. You have VERY little time to glance at CD timers and basically no time to move your mouse to click on a button (some people die in the time it takes to reposition their mouse after you get several "spiral sets" in a row—there are 5-8 different shapes that you dodge through, though they're put together randomly).

* Except when he's not, like if one of your CDs changes your character model (my shaman's current gripe) or if he flat-out just bugs out. Then you're basically hosed.

** It's not actually an auto-death mechanic; I've seen disc priests and blood DKs live through it and the video I link below says it's 1.1 million damage baseline. Typically classes/specs with enough passive mitigation don't actually do enough damage to beat the 2m enrage all the brawler's guild bosses have to make up for the ability to make 1-2 mistakes in the "kite" though, so it's only really a fair strategy if you're trying to learn how to dodge but don't care about actually winning.

Watching someone else do the fight is actually not especially helpful, as the latency between where they actually are and when your game gets an update as to where they are makes them (and Hexos) look super laggy, like they're bouncing around in like sixteen directions instead of a smooth 360° circle. Youtube videos are a little more useful as you can see what the person doing the fight is actually seeing (here's a decent one, if you can ignore the bad jokes). Actually doing the fight is the best way to learn, though it can be a little frustrating if you instantly die and there's a lot of people queueing at the same time you are. Personally, I've done the fight successfully on three? characters but they have been very, VERY spread out because the quick motions you have to make with your camera tend to make me pretty motion sick, so I have to get lucky and not screw up my first couple attempts at it or anything else that day is just wasted repair costs (and regretted meals), lol :x

My best advice is to not rely on your pet for damage if you're a pet class, unless your pet is ranged. Hexos is actually the fight I originally went survival to do, because the pet relies on the server to tell it where to be and sometimes "where to be" is not in range of where Hexos actually is. Or something. They may have fixed that by now (she did the fight back when it first was available and my other two characters that've done it weren't pet classes), though the warlock I was watching do it the other day didn't seem to be having much luck with her felhunter, either. The video above also mentions making audio cues for your CD abilities since you won't have the time to look at any visual cues you may have set up (be that something like weakauras or just glancing down at your ability bar to see if it's still got a cooldown going) and to be honest I'm a little angry at myself for not having thought of that sooner, cos it makes perfect sense, haha.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Xella wrote: My best advice is to not rely on your pet for damage if you're a pet class, unless your pet is ranged. Hexos is actually the fight I originally went survival to do, because the pet relies on the server to tell it where to be and sometimes "where to be" is not in range of where Hexos actually is. Or something. They may have fixed that by now (she did the fight back when it first was available and my other two characters that've done it weren't pet classes), though the warlock I was watching do it the other day didn't seem to be having much luck with her felhunter, either. The video above also mentions making audio cues for your CD abilities since you won't have the time to look at any visual cues you may have set up (be that something like weakauras or just glancing down at your ability bar to see if it's still got a cooldown going) and to be honest I'm a little angry at myself for not having thought of that sooner, cos it makes perfect sense, haha.
Ah, that'd explain why my pet would do such a strange dance around us, only really joining in for KCs :P The poor thing was even more dazzled than me myself /hugglepet
Also - if you don't absolutely have to, don't use any big visual CDs, like stampede. You only need 100k dps to do this fight, and while the extra dps helps, as it shortens the fight duration, any, and I mean ANY lag will throw you off your rhytm and kill you.

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Ahh. Thanks you two! This Hexos sounds like a pain to try and kill...do I want to try and get that mushan? Would item level 524 be alright? I'm guessing it's far too low, as most people have around item level 550 so...I might need to gear up. Again.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I think it'd be all right, but it all depends on how much dps you can eke out of that 524. My shaman is 510 I think? and she did all rightish up to Hexos (and is stuck at Hexos now from mechanics and motion sickness; her DPS is totally fine despite my not having played her since November of 2012 lol). You won't really know until you try, anyway—don't forget that at a certain rank you can buy an endless agi pot from the vendor there, and flasks and food are always super useful. Flasks maybe more than food since you won't have to reapply that if you make a mistake, lol.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Be wary, hexos can bug and kill you after he dies.
ImageImage
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Meggers wrote:Be wary, hexos can bug and kill you after he dies.
It's not a bug. It's intentional. Like I said, Hexos isn't the actual fight... the maze is. You have to beat the maze to win, and the maze will often finish its current pattern before despawning. So even if Hexos himself is dead, even if they announce you've won, you still must survive the maze to win.