Legendary cloak-still useable?

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Legendary cloak-still useable?

Unread post by Shade »

killed myself last night about 20 times on my shaman fighting Wrathion in the legendary cloak questline-gah.

Quick question that I thought of, AFTER I had finally beaten him.

Did I just go through all of that stress to get an item that is going to be replaced by a common green in the next expansion and that I cannot even use for transmog?

IE: what is the item level at level 100 in WoD?
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Re: Legendary cloak-still useable?

Unread post by Astratia »

Now I'm not sure because I haven't played beta myself, but on Blizzards Facebook page people have commented that even when reaching level 100 they did not end up replacing their legendary cloak.

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

At 100 it's still totally viable and isn't even close to being replaced. At 100 - you'll be about 580-590 ilvl depending on drops. So you're set really. It will be a great item to have all the way from 90-100 :)
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Shade wrote:killed myself last night about 20 times on my shaman fighting Wrathion in the legendary cloak questline-gah.

Quick question that I thought of, AFTER I had finally beaten him.

Did I just go through all of that stress to get an item that is going to be replaced by a common green in the next expansion and that I cannot even use for transmog?

IE: what is the item level at level 100 in WoD?
Don't worry, it wont be replaced by any common green, it'll be at least a level 92 common green...
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

So I know acquiring the cape will be gone soon, but does anyone have any idea how soon? I think it's over at 6.0...
Just trying to get an idea. I have a fresh 90 warlock and a 89 druid I would like to try and get it for if I have time :/

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

6.0, yes. It will still work if you have it though.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

You ha
Astratia wrote:So I know acquiring the cape will be gone soon, but does anyone have any idea how soon? I think it's over at 6.0...
Just trying to get an idea. I have a fresh 90 warlock and a 89 druid I would like to try and get it for if I have time :/
From what was posted on MMO yesterday, you have until roughly around October 2nd (my guesstimated pre-patch date, 6 weeks before WoD) to start the quest for the cloak, after that the starting quest is no longer available. After that, you have until WoD hits on Nov 13th to complete the entire quest chain.