Patch Day Plans?

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Patch Day Plans?

Unread post by Kurasu »

We always seem to have one of these up, so I'm jumping ahead of the group to make the thread first this time. NYAH HA!

... that and I've been thinking about it almost *daily*. And I want to get stuff out onto paper. :D

What are you planning to do on patch day? Not the big day of WoD (although we can do *that* thread, too), but the 6.0(.2) patch when it drops. And I mean *after* the inevitable 'fully reinstalling WoW and setting the Interface/Add ons up again to fix the broken shit'.

For me, I'm planning to log all my characters off in town and right near their banks. Then I will proceed to go through *EVERY BANK BOX* and release *ALL* the toys that I've been holding into my toybox. I'll also be checking my banks for 'legacy stuff' that has turned grey, or otherwise changed looks or use or whatever. Legacy greys will probably be left in my bank for now, because I'm a goober like that.

Next step: I have a bunch of taming to do. A friend of mine is going to be helping me get Brokentoe, and I'm going to be taming myself a Marsh Caribou (THEY'RE SO CUTE EE!) and a Bittertide Hydra. I'll also go through my stables and do a bit of a clean-out of stuff; decide what buffs I need, what I have covered, and what pets I want to keep for nostalgia and what ones are just there 'cuz'.

I will go through the toybox and probably fill it out some more while I'm at it. See what I'm missing and what I can pick up. Maybe I'll get lucky with some drops somewhere!

Once I've got my taming binge out of the way and my toys are boxed, then and only then will I start doing the questline(s). They'll be there for weeks, after all! Might as well relax. And I'm going to be doing what I can to get a full set of armor and put it away (if it's not useful to me). Even if it looks ugly, it's something I'll *never be able to get again*.

EDIT: Because I realized I said the questlines will be there for *months*. Which isn't right. Somehow 'months' and 'weeks' got mixed up in my head. :P Edited so it makes more sense.
Last edited by Kurasu on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Patch Day Plans?

Unread post by Krysteena »

Considering the patch is when I'm at school, and on Wednesday rather than Tuesday for me, not much on the exact day. My computer is awful and getting replaced by the one downstairs, so it means I can SS everything and flood the forums! :D no, I won't do that.

Probably sort through my banks, decide which characters I don't want anymore. I'll clear out my stables a bit, for evident reasons. However, on Tuesday evening I shall park my hunter over an area with stags in it, and so the minute I log on I can swoop down and tame one of those beauties!

Then there's going through every single hydra colour until I find the perfect one. Then there's sorting through my bars and finally cleaning them up. Knowing me, I'll probably grab a clefthoof too. Once all the taming drama is out the way I'm off to defend Azeroth from the Iron Horde!!! YAAAA!! *charges off into the distance*
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

First and foremost, I'll be logging in every character that isn't a Belf, Goblin or Panda and checking whether I am pleased with their new look or not. If I am, they can proceed to log off until their next playing time rolls around, at which point I will learn new rotations, tame patch pets, etc.
If I don't like the look - then it's off to the barber they go for face lifts and hairstyle changes.
Then I'm off to make a third DK and a second Monk, now that the new models will finally be here. After which I continue with my playing list in the appropriate manner.

Can't wait!
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

1. Checking all my girls to see if I like their looks or not.
2. Taming stuff I wanna tame for my hunters
3. Do the pre-expansion event.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

ERP in Golsh.. I mean I would try out all of the new hairstyle and face customization option of course.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Pretty much what everyone else is doing :P Complete all of the pre-patch stuff - run the new dungeon, do all the quests. I'll also check out all of my characters with the new models and maybe change a few. Then I'll run off and tame some new pets.

Then I'll have Halloween to deal with :P So I should be busy until release.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Day 1:
1. Log in to all characters and empty toys into Toy Tab
2. Upgrade all of my tank gear on my Warrior with Lesser Charms. Cry because I'll never empty all of my charms.
3. Do Blasted Lands quests
4. Farm all day for Bronze Whelpling. I didn't see how to get it, but I know it's from this event.
5. If I get the Bronze Whelpling before the 8:00 PM, or if called for it, try to get a Garrosh Lockout
6. Get a carry on my Paladin, try to get Tank Shield Heirloom

Day 2:
1. Do Blackwing Descent, tame Chimaeron. Got a Mage, Hunter, and Druid to help me do this.
2. Help friends tame Chimaeron. Mage friend has a hunter, Hunter friend has FOUR hunters, Druid doesn't care.
3. If no Bronze Whelpling, Farm like mad.

Days 3 to Expansion release:
1. Farm for Bronze Whelpling if I don't have it.
2. Solo Lich King 25 Heroic on three characters (each has legendary cloak, I want my life back)
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

-Relearn my hunter and shaman rotations.
-Taming
-Toys (I never kept many so thats not as huge a priority
-Decide if my hunter (main toon) wants to remain a draenei or be changed into a night elf.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Fix bagspace on alllllll my toons. Probably spend way too much gold dumping tmog into the extra tab. Maybe go seek out some easy to grab toys that I'm missing.
ImageImage
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Patch day's gonna be kind of boring for me—turn new character models off (unless the live versions are different from the current beta versions which I seriously doubt) update any addons that require updating or turn them off entirely depending on how pressed for time I am, log on, swap the couple macros that need swapping, pick up Bach'lor and name him/her (probably her, let's be honest), re-transmog my gear if the whole "half your stuff will de-transmog" thing is actually still present and not just because of the way the character copy works for beta/"ptr", buy the SNOT out of that second void storage tab and magically regain I think I said it was 113 slots on my hunter (from void storage + reagent bank + finally being able to offload all these spirits of harmony + toys), and then do H-SoO with my guild, assuming both requisite servers (Korgath for them + Grizzly Hills for me since I haven't transferred back to officially rejoin them yet oops) are online in a timely fashion and I don't get sat for one of our other hunters.

After the raid (or while riding the pine) swap to alts and get the rest of my toys squared away, pick up all the gold I should be getting from jp/vp conversions (6/19 level 90s are currently justice capped + as valor capped as they can be given that I didn't spend three weeks at it, and getting some of the rest done is largely what I'm doing 'til Tuesday). Fix any alts that can be fixed with the barber shop if character models on/off turns out to be a character-based variable (hope springs eternal) and maybe buy the ones that don't have it Pandaria flying, if it actually got discounted in this patch (I can't remember).

Then mosey on over to the general forums and ask for a sale on character services to coincide with the new models so I can fix the alts that aren't fixable via the barber shop and turn new models back on ;P
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Probs just dance to the safety dance while the patch downloads.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Well, this may not all happen on the patch day itself, but as far as "when I first log in after the new patch has hit..."

1. Trudge through Blackwing Descent in order to defeat Chimaeron and bend him to my will! Bwahaha!
2. Figure out which old-world hydra look I like best, and tame one of those as well.
3. Figure out which Talbuk look I like best, and tame one of those.

I aim to be one of the first few hunters with Chimaeron on my server. It's always so fun to hang out with a newly tameable or "glitch-tame" pet in a capital city and be able to answer the whispers of dozens of excited hunters, encouraging them to adopt a new (horrific) buddy. :P
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Hmmmm...

1. Check all the new models and ship my characters out to the Barbershop!
2. Cry when some faces can't be replicated.
3. Go to the bank and clean it out if possible. SO MUCH CRAP.
4. Hop on the hunter and get ready to tame things. Probably going to get myself a brown stag or talbuk, a brown clefthoof and Chimaeron.
5. Hop on my druid and... try to learn everything all over again.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I don't know what you mean by "the inevitable fully reinstalling WoW". I have never had to do that for any patch, pre-patch or expansion of the game.

Having said that, this patch will take longer than others have. The reason is that as part of it, all the game files are going to be converted from the MPQ format to the new CASC. Depending on your machine's processing power, hard drive speed, download speed, etc., expect a rather lengthy process and make sure you have enough empty disk space (they said at least 4gb over what the game files will actually use) so that it goes smoothly.

When I'm done with patching, I will probably do the new questlines first on My NE Hunter and my Undead 'Lock and then start thinking about new tames and The new Blackrock Spire.
MadCat2K6
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by MadCat2K6 »

1. tame trigore
2. complete the new quest chain
3. complete the new dungeon/raid
4. farm a bronze whelping
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

SO many things!

1. TAME! ALL! THE! THINGS! There are two hydras (one black and one seriously ugly) and a black stag that I have been waiting for for years.
2. inspect all of my toons. see who may need a hair/face change.
3. clear out ALL THE TOYS! my hunter alone has three bags and about 40% of her bank filled with nothing but vanity items.
4. i'm actually inactive at the moment and probably wont be back till the 18th so... farm the Halloween mount >_>
5. hit 90 on my shaman who was 89 when i left her. I need polish off her proffs in anticipation for the xpack. she is among the few alts i think I will want to play in wod.
6. bronze whelp? yeah. I need that. yup. mine.
7. all the quests/events ect that come with said patch.
8. go buy my three extra CM mounts I have been drooling over.
9. try and re-learn all of my classes. cry because i was just getting the hang of my lock and shammy.

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Technically on the first evening of the expac I'm going out, so I'll be starting from day2:

First comes the YAY NEW CONTENT ~FINALLY~!!!!! rush:
- do the pre-expac event
- ...bronze whelpling? What bronze whelping? Gotta catch'em all!
- TAME! Rudi the reindeer and some hydra... haven't decided yet :P
- new models! That's 1h at barber x bazillion of alts... will take a while :lol:
- rerun the upgraded instances for lulz and sightseeing

...and eventually:
- relearn my classes - happily BM hasn't changed so much, but I dread to see what they did to my alts...
- get into one of my guilds regrouping raid groups
- take my main for some raiding spin :)

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Hunt and tame absolutely everything I think might be incorrectly flagged as tameable, and test to see if I can make an appearance-buffed pet tame method so I can get Cracklefang with the sword in his mouth once WoD hits ;)
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I sadly don't yet know whether I can get into the new five man content. If they require pieces of SoO LFR gear, I'll have to see if I have a high enough gear rating. :P Going to keep my fingers crossed.

And oh yes! The bronze whelpling! That'll deeeeefinitely be coming once I've gotten all my toys and such, methinks.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

1. log in.
2. be alienated by the character look change and skill changes.
3. find my human female eyes to be ugly.
4. tame things.
5. try new dungeon.
6. log off until expansion. XD;

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so