Stable Slots

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
mkwalter
Realm: Area 52

Stable Slots

Unread post by mkwalter »

Does anyone know if they will be increasing our stable size in WoD. With all the new pets I can't believe they wouldn't give us more room.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Stable Slots

Unread post by Makoes »

Nope, no stable increase...55 pets seems like the max number.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nope and honestly...55 is more than enough.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Celibie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Celibie »

i agree with junrei. in wrath we only had 5 so they're being extremely generous with 55
mkwalter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by mkwalter »

I was just asking a question...
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yes and we gave answers with a few opinions to go with the answer. :)

LisaaraPokefarm

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

No-ones attacking you mkwalter, so don't worry about it :)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Exactly. ^^

LisaaraPokefarm

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

This happens every time this topic comes up. The majority of users here would disagree but I always think more space is better. Personally I'd like to see something more like a scaling stable based on the total skins available (i.e. 10% of 500 skins would be 50 slots, something like that... I don't know how many skins there currently are). I probably wouldn't use all that stable space myself (not at max capacity anyhow), but I like having options, that's all, especially when I'm asked to go tame something that I don't want, to cover a raid buff.
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I would like more slots. My stable is full and I'm going to have to let some go to tame new WoD ones.

That said. I remember having 5, so at 55 I'm not going to complain. I'd love more, but I think once they hit 55, it's a 'non problem' and off their board of "Things we want to fuss with/fix"

Scotty
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub & Hyjal (US)

Unread post by Scotty »

Considering battle pets have been around for a lot less time than hunters in general, and they were quick to bump the capacity up to 1,000 pets so people could "catch them all", seems a bit of a mixed message when you can't "collect" hunter pets, yet they keep releasing new ones to tempt us. I wouldn't be surprised if they do in fact increase the stable space, even though they have said in the past they won't. Give it time.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

My stable's not full, but I can understand how someone's might be, and that they would want more slots. And maybe its because its not an issue to me, but I think more stable slots should be relatively low on the list of things the devs should look at adding or improving.

I think some people, when they want to collect hunter pets for just collecting them, rather than using them, currently make multiple hunters. So while it is possible blizzard might eventually up the stable slots, in the mean time, you could go that route.
Pepsi Jedi wrote:...I remember having 5, so at 55 I'm not going to complain....
I know it's not a competition, but I remember having 3 slots, where you had to use one of the slots to go learn abilities from wild beasts. (so I win ;P ). If anyone has a pet they tamed during wow classic, give it a virtual hug for its longevity.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I've got like 5 hunters, all with different themes. Trust me, it does help a lot. XD

LisaaraPokefarm

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Xota wrote:My stable's not full, but I can understand how someone's might be, and that they would want more slots. And maybe its because its not an issue to me, but I think more stable slots should be relatively low on the list of things the devs should look at adding or improving.

I think some people, when they want to collect hunter pets for just collecting them, rather than using them, currently make multiple hunters. So while it is possible blizzard might eventually up the stable slots, in the mean time, you could go that route.
I know it's not a competition, but I remember having 3 slots, where you had to use one of the slots to go learn abilities from wild beasts. (so I win ;P ). If anyone has a pet they tamed during wow classic, give it a virtual hug for its longevity.
Yeah, I remember this, too. Boy, I hated running around with a pet that gave me the heebie jeebies for bite 2. XD

I'd *like* more stable space because I enjoy having a variety of colors without contributing to my altoholism (and having to gear up MORE hunters), but my head won't explode if I can't.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Xota wrote:My stable's not full, but I can understand how someone's might be, and that they would want more slots. And maybe its because its not an issue to me, but I think more stable slots should be relatively low on the list of things the devs should look at adding or improving.

I remember those days! I still have the first pet I tamed from back then too :) Taming for abilities was such a hassle!

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I actually liked the taming for abilities process except that some were too hard to get. I liked the loyalty scheme ( my first cat ran away because I didn't pay enough attention) and actually having to feed the pet. I learned Fishing to be able to catch food for my pets. I haven't fed one in years now. Pets also had different stats and abilities then, even within the same family. Some cats had faster attack speeds for example. We Hunters have undergone so many changes through the years. Some good, some not so much. Many of the changes have taken away some of the fun and challenge within the class. The elimination of ammo however, is one change I will never complain about.

I still have my Moonstalker that I tamed in Darkshore at level 15 and I wouldn't abandon my trusted friend Moonfire for anything. I still use him a lot.
Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

I'm sure if we ever get more stable slots, it will be reported by more than a few people. You won't miss it.
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I actually remember that too. I've still got my gray timber wolf tamed before BC came out. the 5 to 55 was for alliteration purposes.

Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

i still have my white worg i tamed from timber back at lvl 30 i had to be lvl 30 cuz thats the only way i could survive bein attacked by alli guards when i entered Dun morogh and i agree 55 is a good number but how about 60, that would give us 5 more slots and its an even number and besides idk about you but i dont plan on taming every beast on draenor. i plan on taming maybe 8 pets and thats it and ive already abandoned pets in advance to be replaced i suggest you all do the same
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Xota wrote:If anyone has a pet they tamed during wow classic, give it a virtual hug for its longevity.
Funny you should mention this because my first WoW toon was a tauren hunter I made in 2004. Whom is my horde main. She still has three of her original pets from 2004.

And it was tweeted several different times that hunters weren't getting anymore because, and if I recall correctly, Ghostcrawler stating they don't want hunters being "crazy cat ladies" and having them all.

No offense but folks really need to stop beating this dead horse. Bury it and leave it there!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!