Where The Wild Things Are (MoP rare information)

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Where The Wild Things Are (MoP rare information)

Unread post by Snowy »

Those prints are going to be the death of me. Some forwards AND backwards now?! x_x

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

hey i seen ur video about savage who im tryin to tame but i have a few questions first of all which is the best place to lie in wait till savage passes by leaving tracks? also is there an addon that shows his path on the minimap so i dont gotta alt tab just to see if im in the right place or not also ty!
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Pretty sure there is no addons to track the tracks. Not that hard to see them if you turn your settings down though. But there's plenty of spots you can wait for savage.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

ok anyone from echo isles horde side that cna show me or do u have coords?
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I know several people who have watched my Savage video have had luck camping near the one river he crosses, but limiting yourself to a single location lowers the chances that he'll actually walk by you.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

well i was tracking savage who left two prints one facing in two directions i heard his prints are now facing forward in5.1 can anyone confirm this?

Armory
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Demonicow wrote:well i was tracking savage who left two prints one facing in two directions i heard his prints are now facing forward in5.1 can anyone confirm this?
His tracks do face forward. If they're two different directions, he likely turned around at that point.

LisaaraPokefarm

Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

i followed its tracks again then lost it when i came to a fork in the road so..... i gotta wait till he comes back /sadface

edit: i watched another random video about savage and there was shown an area where he walks thru so i stayed there for a lil and flared every few secs and he appeared i forgot to hunter mark him and so i lost him but i used another flare and found him again and tamed him why does he walk away from you when ur taming id rather he attack me lol a few pets id have it the other way around for like king krush he took me 15 hours of campin to get him

Armory
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Can we have the front post updated to which ones are still dropping tracks backwards and which ones aren't?

From the 5.1 thread:

- Portent, Rockhide, Bristlespine, Stompy, Savage, and Bloodtooth's tracks are now facing the correct direction. (Thanks, Quivering!)
- Glimmer and Patrannache (thanks, Quivering!), as well as Hexapos's tracks are still backwards.

As that forum is dead now, wouldn't it be better to update the front post here with that info, as well as Bombyx?
Kalliope

Well, the first post here links to the 5.1 thread. I was planning on linking them all together...but if it's easier to just consolidate here, I'll just do that. :)

And updated! Bombyx is now listed as well. :)

YouTube Edition

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Thanks. :) I knew you linked to it, but the 5.1 forum will probably go poof once 5.2 hits the PTR, so I thought it couldn't hurt to get it all migrated over. ;)

Anyway, something minor: I know they had changed it so they wouldn't be aggressive while flared before Mists went live, but as of 5.1, they aren't aggressive period. They're still labeled aggressive, but even attacking one will do nothing. (Was trying to stop Stompy from getting away from the person I was helping, was pretty sure I couldn't take out ~1.5 million health in one shot xD) They simply ignore you and keep going.
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Myzou wrote: Anyway, something minor: I know they had changed it so they wouldn't be aggressive while flared before Mists went live, but as of 5.1, they aren't aggressive period. They're still labeled aggressive, but even attacking one will do nothing. (Was trying to stop Stompy from getting away from the person I was helping, was pretty sure I couldn't take out ~1.5 million health in one shot xD) They simply ignore you and keep going.
Ok, so glad it wasnt just me....thought I was going crazy...silly thing (Bloodtooth the turtle) just kept walking as I tried to tame it...figured he was giving me the cold shoulder...lol :lol:
Kalliope

Myzou wrote:Thanks. :) I knew you linked to it, but the 5.1 forum will probably go poof once 5.2 hits the PTR, so I thought it couldn't hurt to get it all migrated over. ;)

Anyway, something minor: I know they had changed it so they wouldn't be aggressive while flared before Mists went live, but as of 5.1, they aren't aggressive period. They're still labeled aggressive, but even attacking one will do nothing. (Was trying to stop Stompy from getting away from the person I was helping, was pretty sure I couldn't take out ~1.5 million health in one shot xD) They simply ignore you and keep going.
*nods* I updated the main post for that. :) I'll make it even clearer.

YouTube Edition

Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

I've seen it for myself now... Portent used to aggro when shot pre-5.1; now he just keeps walking. And yep, Patrannache's tracks are still backwards.

So after Bloodtooth, I actually weighed the pros and cons and decided to get a few more of the new rares... Bristlespine and Patrannache in Pandaria, and Sunwing in Azeroth. Bristlespine and Patrannache were the hardest to track down -- Bristlespine because of his sharp turns, and Patrannache because of the sheer length and complexity of his path. Sunwing was just a waiting game; I'd see a hunter or two camping him, queue for AV, fly around a bit, then check back. Eventually I found his corpse and knew he'd be back in a couple of hours. My timing was great -- I got out of an AV and he was there.

Bristlespine and Patrannache I chose for PvP CC. Stompy will probably be suprerior once goats are fixed. The ones I had to bid farewell: Gezzarak -- no longer unique. Rak'shiri -- still beautiful, but the lower polygons are showing their age. :( And a red fox I no longer had a real excuse for since I have Ashtail, just that they were a mated pair named Scully and Mulder :(

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Bombyx's spawn/patrol area seems to have been VASTLY shortened since the PTR.

I spent hours flying over the large oval Kalli highlighted on her video for Bombyx, and never found a track.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=67820

I went to the coordinates someone mentioned in the comments here, 32, 48. I found tracks everywhere. After about 5 minutes of flaring, I found Bombyx. In the pursuit of interest, I marked him, and followed. That small area on Wowheads map? That's all he did. He went up, down, up, down, etc. He still did it erratically, but he just patrolled that extremely small area.

Can someone else check bombyx on their server? Maybe mine was just a fluke, I only followed him going up and down twice (which took about 30 minutes with all the twirling/back and forth he was doing, lol) before I tamed him and named him Caterpie. xD However, as wowhead's only recorded data for him is also in that small area, I'm bound to believe his spawn area was shrunk DRASTICALLY since the PTR.

And yes, he still goes under/over water on that path. He starts next to a big tree, wanders around, goes over some water to a small "island", twirls around, and goes back.
Kalliope

Bombyx's pathing is exactly the same on live as it was on the PTR.

The indicated area on the map I originally posted was merely a guideline, since he can wander within that bubble quite a ways off. He doesn't cover ALL of said circle, though. The Wowhead map is missing a few turnoffs that Bombyx does. On a map that far zoomed out, many of the detailed areas are impossible to cover. In the interest of covering too much ground rather than too little, I opted for the circle. :)

You only saw a small section of his path. He favors that central area more than others, but he does branch out as far as the Temple of the Red Crane, considerably longer than the Wowhead map covers. Most hunters aren't going to stick with him that long, but Caelan and I did watch him for hours and he does go that far. And if you need further proof, I've got video evidence. ;) Sure, most people won't find him on those parts of his path, but depending on how long he's been up, anything's possible.

YouTube Edition

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Honestly, I had the best luck standing at the banks of the river and flaring at both sides because Bombyx's path consists of *flail* *wigglewiggleyeah* *FLAIL TO THE LEFT* *squirm if you're diggin' bein' a 'pillar with swag* *flail s'more* *you put your left feet in, you pull your left feet out and then you shake it all about* *wiggle with feeling* *turn a circle* *And that's what it's all about*
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Kalliope

Novikova wrote:Honestly, I had the best luck standing at the banks of the river and flaring at both sides because Bombyx's path consists of *flail* *wigglewiggleyeah* *FLAIL TO THE LEFT* *squirm if you're diggin' bein' a 'pillar with swag* *flail s'more* *you put your left feet in, you pull your left feet out and then you shake it all about* *wiggle with feeling* *turn a circle* *And that's what it's all about*
This is a completely accurate description of his pathing. :lol:

YouTube Edition

Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

Nothing particularly noteworthy, but I thought I would say after this weeks patch Hexapos' tracks are still "backwards," and rares still don't aggro.