Vocal on click pets, now with pictures

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Message
Author
User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11729
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#21 Unread post by Wain » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:37 am

Smolderos the Carbonizer – red (82 elite Mount Hyjal) MIGHT have different sounds than other lava corehounds, but no way to verify right now
I take it you're referring to incidental sounds and not that he makes sounds on click? Just checking while I'm making corrections to the spreadsheet :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
GormanGhaste
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4949
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:00 pm
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#22 Unread post by GormanGhaste » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:44 pm

Wain wrote:
Smolderos the Carbonizer – red (82 elite Mount Hyjal) MIGHT have different sounds than other lava corehounds, but no way to verify right now
I take it you're referring to incidental sounds and not that he makes sounds on click? Just checking while I'm making corrections to the spreadsheet :)
I think the window for taming Smolderos is fairly small. Doesn't seem to be available after completing the zone, and my level 86 alt has done hardly anything there, and Smolderos is phased for him as well. I could offer to work through the zone and tame him, but with my hearing difficulties I'm probably not the best choice for evaluating him :) Comment on Wowhead about him:
ShinryuMasaki wrote:He is different in that he doesn't share some of the sounds effect the other core hounds have. Instead of either being silent or having the burning fire sound effect, he has the sizzling one like Terrorpene has. And instead of the usual core hound growls he has what sounds more like burping sounds!
Browncloaks Unite

User avatar
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:55 am
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#23 Unread post by Kintsugi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:41 pm

GormanGhaste wrote: I think the window for taming Smolderos is fairly small. Doesn't seem to be available after completing the zone, and my level 86 alt has done hardly anything there, and Smolderos is phased for him as well. I could offer to work through the zone and tame him, but with my hearing difficulties I'm probably not the best choice for evaluating him :) Comment on Wowhead about him:
ShinryuMasaki wrote:He is different in that he doesn't share some of the sounds effect the other core hounds have. Instead of either being silent or having the burning fire sound effect, he has the sizzling one like Terrorpene has. And instead of the usual core hound growls he has what sounds more like burping sounds!
Yeah, I've done too much questing there to have a shot at him. My closest chance would be the dwarf I've leveling, but she has a long way to go until Hyjal. And yes, that comment on Wowhead is were I got the info :)

Wain wrote:
Smolderos the Carbonizer – red (82 elite Mount Hyjal) MIGHT have different sounds than other lava corehounds, but no way to verify right now
I take it you're referring to incidental sounds and not that he makes sounds on click? Just checking while I'm making corrections to the spreadsheet :)
Yes, if it is true

User avatar
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:55 am
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#24 Unread post by Kintsugi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:46 pm

Also, another odd ambient sound I noticed. The black Corpse Scarab beetles, which are the tiny ones with a black trail, also seem to have another trick. When mine does its idle animation, it makes an odd little "crunch" noise. Never had a beetle do that before. Can someone else who has one verify this, to make sure my bug isn't.....buggy? :P

Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:58 am
Realm: Zenedar

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#25 Unread post by Keilden » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:00 am

Kintsugi wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote: I think the window for taming Smolderos is fairly small. Doesn't seem to be available after completing the zone, and my level 86 alt has done hardly anything there, and Smolderos is phased for him as well. I could offer to work through the zone and tame him, but with my hearing difficulties I'm probably not the best choice for evaluating him :) Comment on Wowhead about him:
ShinryuMasaki wrote:He is different in that he doesn't share some of the sounds effect the other core hounds have. Instead of either being silent or having the burning fire sound effect, he has the sizzling one like Terrorpene has. And instead of the usual core hound growls he has what sounds more like burping sounds!
Yeah, I've done too much questing there to have a shot at him. My closest chance would be the dwarf I've leveling, but she has a long way to go until Hyjal. And yes, that comment on Wowhead is were I got the info :)

Wain wrote:
Smolderos the Carbonizer – red (82 elite Mount Hyjal) MIGHT have different sounds than other lava corehounds, but no way to verify right now
I take it you're referring to incidental sounds and not that he makes sounds on click? Just checking while I'm making corrections to the spreadsheet :)
Yes, if it is true
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnynLd_BkEw Here is a old video I made to showcase his sounds, sadly around Mop he reverted to the normal Corehound sound (atleast my tamed one did)

User avatar
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:55 am
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#26 Unread post by Kintsugi » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:37 am

Nice video. Its a shame they changed him. He really was different :(

User avatar
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:38 am
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Gender: Male with both gender toons
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#27 Unread post by Kurasu » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Oh! One I forgot: the Deranged Helboar has sounds that are different thna other helboars. Instead of the growls and roars of the helboars, they have basic 'piggie' sounds.
Come see Kurasu's stables!

User avatar
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:55 am
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#28 Unread post by Kintsugi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:28 am

So, I have an oil wolf, from back when they were tameable. The solid black ones, you know? I just realized he growls when I click him. I'm gonna have to go check if the non-oiled version does.

Also, my tiger Kung Din, who was tamed when he could keep the chain around his neck growls when I click him O.O

Ok, I just tamed them as normal, obviously, since you can't get them with their cool effects anymore. The Oil-stained Wolf and Kung Din both vocalize when clicked on, right now, fancy effects or not.

God, I didn't think about the oil covered birds! I didn't grab one when I was getting wolf, but I wonder if they do anything, since they were trick tames just like the wolf? Does anyone have one? Oiled or not?

Another edit: Tamed an oil-covered hawk and oiled fledgling just before the servers shut down. Neither of them have on click vocals unfortunately.

User avatar
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:11 pm
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Genderfluid
Location: Florida

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#29 Unread post by Torachi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Evening everyone! Just wanted to pop in and mention an apparently new vocal wolf! I apologize if it's been mentioned already, but I didn't see it up on the main list on this thread. I was leveling a new dwarf warrior last night, and while doing the quest to gather the ragged wolf hide and boar meat, I noticed that the Ragged Young Wolf that I targeted suddenly howled as I clicked on it! I made a mental note to stop by today and tame one on Tor, to see if they kept their vocalization... and he did! These little pups growl, and actually howl upon being clicked while wild, and once they are tamed. I've never heard this particular vocal for wolves, so I'm not sure if it's new or not, but it is not the same as the Prairie Wolf from Mulgore, which makes more of a bark vocal, and as far as I've seen, do not howl when clicked.

Image
GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)


User avatar
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4454
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:21 pm
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Female

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#30 Unread post by Rawr » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:52 pm

Death Ravager makes bear roars when you 1st tame him but stops when he has actually been tamed :( :mrgreen:

Image


User avatar
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:11 pm
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Genderfluid
Location: Florida

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#31 Unread post by Torachi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:48 pm

Rawr wrote:Death Ravager makes bear roars when you 1st tame him but stops when he has actually been tamed :( :mrgreen:
Oddly enough, after I first tamed Ban'thalos, the spirit beast owl, I noticed he was making bear noises when he would attack. O.o I'm not sure he still does... or if he ever made those noises for anyone else. >.> I'll have to check later. It always amused the heck out of me, though.

Image
GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)


User avatar
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:55 am
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#32 Unread post by Kintsugi » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:02 am

Torachi wrote:Evening everyone! Just wanted to pop in and mention an apparently new vocal wolf! I apologize if it's been mentioned already, but I didn't see it up on the main list on this thread. I was leveling a new dwarf warrior last night, and while doing the quest to gather the ragged wolf hide and boar meat, I noticed that the Ragged Young Wolf that I targeted suddenly howled as I clicked on it! I made a mental note to stop by today and tame one on Tor, to see if they kept their vocalization... and he did! These little pups growl, and actually howl upon being clicked while wild, and once they are tamed. I've never heard this particular vocal for wolves, so I'm not sure if it's new or not, but it is not the same as the Prairie Wolf from Mulgore, which makes more of a bark vocal, and as far as I've seen, do not howl when clicked.
OMG! That is awesome! Excellent find! *adds to list*

User avatar
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:55 am
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#33 Unread post by Kintsugi » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:10 pm

I went out and tamed that wolf on my orc, since, orcs and wolves are good. And, she really does howl sometimes when you click her. I'm thrilled. I was thinking of getting a white wolf as a mate for my Snarler, and this one is so perfect. Immediate bonding :D I named her Howler. Snarler says thank you!

User avatar
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:11 pm
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Genderfluid
Location: Florida

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#34 Unread post by Torachi » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:15 pm

:D You're quite welcome! I'm so glad I remembered to go back the next day! My boy is named Howl, since I'm a big fan of Howl's Moving Castle, and he howls when poked occasionally. I think Tor will be randomly going around Azeroth, poking various creatures to see if they talk.

Image
GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)


User avatar
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1933
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:25 am

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#35 Unread post by pop » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:51 am

Torachi wrote:Evening everyone! Just wanted to pop in and mention an apparently new vocal wolf! I apologize if it's been mentioned already, but I didn't see it up on the main list on this thread. I was leveling a new dwarf warrior last night, and while doing the quest to gather the ragged wolf hide and boar meat, I noticed that the Ragged Young Wolf that I targeted suddenly howled as I clicked on it! I made a mental note to stop by today and tame one on Tor, to see if they kept their vocalization... and he did! These little pups growl, and actually howl upon being clicked while wild, and once they are tamed. I've never heard this particular vocal for wolves, so I'm not sure if it's new or not, but it is not the same as the Prairie Wolf from Mulgore, which makes more of a bark vocal, and as far as I've seen, do not howl when clicked.

Best finding ever! You've found my Tauren's new pet!

User avatar
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:11 pm
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Genderfluid
Location: Florida

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#36 Unread post by Torachi » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:50 pm

pop wrote:Best finding ever! You've found my Tauren's new pet!
GAH, c'mon guys, seriously, you're making me turn beet red...! Now I'm gonna get teased 'cause my fiance thinks I'm adorable when I blush. :P

Seriously, I wasn't expecting one little find to get such an awesome reception! >.>

Image
GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)


User avatar
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:55 am
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#37 Unread post by Kintsugi » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:31 am

Hey, you not only found a completely new one, but one with unique vocalization! That's something to be proud of! :D

User avatar
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1100
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:53 am
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm
Gender: Male
Location: Trueshot Lodge with Hati

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#38 Unread post by Iowawolf » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:23 am

I want to thank you guys for making this topic it has gotten me to actually go out and look for some of these pets such as the rhino I have the rare Icehorn but since the other one makes noise I went and got it to replace the other and I also went and got the basilisk Hissperak as well as the fox from Winterspring. Again thanks to you guys and if there are others besides ones on here please let us know.
Image

User avatar
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:55 am
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#39 Unread post by Kintsugi » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:19 pm

If any are found, and I know of them, I'll post about it :) My Great Taming Spree is on hold while I work on getting my guild to level 5 though :(

User avatar
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:38 am
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Gender: Male with both gender toons
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

#40 Unread post by Kurasu » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:32 am

The Hornbill Strider, the tallstrider which only spawns as part of 'A Taste For Eggs' quest, has a sound on click. It makes your basic tallstrider squawks and noises.
Come see Kurasu's stables!

Post Reply