Thas’dorah, Legacy of the Windrunners

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Thas’dorah, Legacy of the Windrunners

Unread post by Quiv »

Slickrock wrote:And I'm going to be really dissapointed if one of the big features of the expac, customizing the look of the weapon, is something I skip due to a lame weapon model.
This is one of the two biggest issues I see with this system. It is certainly a unique "thinking out of the box" concept, and that I adore, but I fear the cost will outweigh the benefit. The cost being what you mentioned. Not only does it restrict the weapon type (and mogging cannot address a big part of this issue), but the variants of the weapons *are still that weapon.* It doesn't matter if Ashbringer is on fire, shattered, or fel-infused, every variant and every color is still undeniably the Ashbringer silhouette. Same with the gun/bow. My paladin doesn't want Ashbringer, nor a variant of it. But its the only *new* thing I have to look forward to on her.

I am just hoping that theres some card hidden up their sleeve we know nothing about. A lot of this is still conjecture at this point.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Quivering wrote:
Slickrock wrote:And I'm going to be really dissapointed if one of the big features of the expac, customizing the look of the weapon, is something I skip due to a lame weapon model.
This is one of the two biggest issues I see with this system. It is certainly a unique "thinking out of the box" concept, and that I adore, but I fear the cost will outweigh the benefit. The cost being what you mentioned. Not only does it restrict the weapon type (and mogging cannot address a big part of this issue), but the variants of the weapons *are still that weapon.* It doesn't matter if Ashbringer is on fire, shattered, or fel-infused, every variant and every color is still undeniably the Ashbringer silhouette. Same with the gun/bow. My paladin doesn't want Ashbringer, nor a variant of it. But its the only *new* thing I have to look forward to on her.

I am just hoping that theres some card hidden up their sleeve we know nothing about. A lot of this is still conjecture at this point.
However....

Given the current state of weapon art design.. on any of my hunters, I invariably mog to something from TBC or Wrath. I haven't mogged or used the current models for anyone. The only models I might have used were either never put in game or are inaccessible (challenge mode, etc).

So.. if I wind up mogging the artifact, in the end I'm not loosing anything that I've had in the last 2 expansions.. :-P
Account has been closed at user's request.
Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

Quivering wrote:

Don't you worry, I'm sure Blizz's Cosmetic Gear cash shop will be in place in time for the expansion... :twisted:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Modern gear art (roughly since Cataclysm) is better textured and, I think, usually far less gaudy than older art. But the flip side of that is it's often less striking. I think people gravitate to older art for their transmogs because they were bright and the textures were simple, and perhaps also they look a little more jarring (and so more eye-catching) in the modern game. So perhaps they need to offer more gaudy colouring options too.

And, as others keep saying, I would love us not to be locked into one weapon for the spec. Even 2-3 options (gun, bow, maybe crossbow) would make things feel vastly more variable and cusomtisable than more colour /appearance options for a single weapon. But maybe the amount of development work required would snowball and they wouldn't be ready in time for launch.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Tahlian wrote:Assuming I feel comfortable enough with Legion to actually buy it...Tahlian will definitely be transmogging over that gun - probably to his trusty Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle. Tahl can't stand Nesingwary...in his opinion, that dwarf is a walking extinction event. So he definitely won't be using "that gun."
Same here. Nessingwary only kills for the sake of killing. I hope Nessingwary becomes killable. But I would love to have his skull on the Trophy Gun. I mean... my Orc Hunter is a Laughing Skull, and our saying is 'If you die, can I wear your skull?", so it's kind of fitting.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

pop wrote:I hope if we respec we can get the other artifacts, and transmog between them. So if someone do not like the look of the artifact gun, they can transmog it to look like the artifact bow.
That would be ideal, but I'm not holding my breath. If someone doesn't like guns or bows, it seems like a poor design to lock them out of new artwork for the whole expansion in which alternate weapon artwork is supposed to be a big reward.