New mounts

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: New mounts

Unread post by Lupen202 »

The blue-green dust isn't as bad as I was expecting. Definitely not as noticeable as the windsteed's cloud.

But.. I still want leaves. >:(

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I'll take it the way it is. I'd rather leaves too, but it's not annoying like the 'doesn't blow away for some reason' cloud from the wind steed.

If anything the dust is subtle. Which can be nice from time to time.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Already tweeted some feedback, I really like it, but the dark blue aura/smoke effects don't fit imo. The same colour blue from the saddle orb, teal/blue from the horns glow, or even green (it is from the emerald dream) would have been far more attractive/suitable I think. The blue they used just seems out of place and a little jarring..I'll will get one, but it will forever niggle/annoy me that with such a small appropriate colour change, it would have been so much nicer.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

I took time to get a nice screenie of the Felstalker mount!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_091115_020027.jpg
WoWScrnShot_091115_020027.jpg (233.02 KiB) Viewed 2545 times
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

I hope they don't pull another WoD on us and give a cooler version of the mount to everyone else.... dread raven is not as cool as the corrupted version EVERYONE gets..... I was hoping for a hydra or coatl mount to be honest but considering the broken islands aren't the tropical place we knew in WC 3 and instead seems like a temperate climate I guess that dream is dead :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Discussion of the Grove Warden and Infinite Timereaver mounts is going on over here:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 7&start=20

Since neither is a Legion mount :)

Recent discussion was merged into the other topic.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

Anyone else want a Nightmare/Storm drake mount?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Zalani wrote:Anyone else want a Nightmare/Storm drake mount?
It seems pretty likely there will be mount versions, doesn't it? :) I certainly hope so! I don't remember a new drake model coming out where a mount wasn't made.

I think the nightmare drakes are brilliant and I'd love a mount version. Not only the colouring, but the head is a cool new shape, much more worm-like. Maybe there's more than just red, too, but wouldn't be too disappointed if it wasn't.

In contrast, I think the storm drakes are a bit uninspired. I thought the same of the wind drakes in Cata. They're not ugly, but there's so much potential for coolness in relation to something that is a STORM drake, and yet it's just... a few shades of purple, with something a bit like a painted-over Deathwing jaw and a nightmare drake's body. Where's the lightning, the clouds, the translucency, anything? Hopefully it's just an early incarnation. The theme is too good waste on what that thing is. To be fair, I guess it's just a single image and there may be cool particle effects we can't see, but still, the base model isn't very inspired compared to the nightmare drake.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

In addition to the nightmare/storm drakes I'll be holding out hope for a new emerald drake too! Considering that we'll be dealing with the emerald dream/nightmare it definitely seems possible.

I also hope we see some mounts that are dungeon drops. I miss farming dungeons for mounts as odd as that sounds. We haven't had any dungeon mounts since Cata :(

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Lupen202 wrote:In addition to the nightmare/storm drakes I'll be holding out hope for a new emerald drake too! Considering that we'll be dealing with the emerald dream/nightmare it definitely seems possible.
Me too! I'd still LOVE to see a green version of the "handmaiden" model, based on Ysera's textures in Dragon Soul.
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Apparently Demon Hunters will get a Felsaber mount from Illidan...have fun discussing how it'll look! Demon kitty methinks
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Magnakilro wrote:Apparently Demon Hunters will get a Felsaber mount from Illidan...have fun discussing how it'll look! Demon kitty methinks
No need to speculate, we've got it right here. :D (basically everything I could ever want, just a shame it's class restricted. ;) )
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Updated the list with what we know now. The Beta is still not available for download (unless you're a nefarious hacker for one of the major news sites and can swipe it from Blizzard's server :P ). Hopefully models will become available when it's released.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

This was posted on mmo champ

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I missed that one. Thanks. I expected new hippogryph mounts but this one is very monochrome for a hippogryph. Presumably it's an arcane hippogryph in the same style as the runesaber and the auras and particles (missing from the MMO-Champ model) will give it more detail...
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Wish they'd take the stupid flags off the PVP mounts...
Account has been closed at user's request.
Vephriel

Ooooh I love the colour of that new hippogryph, but I have to admit I'm not overly crazy of that outline effect they've been using since Cata. It's nice here and there but it feels like they've been pretty heavy-handed with it lately. But guh, that purple! ♥
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I saw something that showed Demonsaber and Felsaber, with the Felsaber being the DH mount. So maybe non DH can get a version. That'd be cool.
Vephriel

MaximumOverdrive wrote:I saw something that showed Demonsaber and Felsaber, with the Felsaber being the DH mount. So maybe non DH can get a version. That'd be cool.
Hm, it would be cool, though I'm wondering if there's a base mount and an upgraded mount, similar to how warlocks and paladins have 2 versions of their class mounts.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Vephriel wrote:
MaximumOverdrive wrote:I saw something that showed Demonsaber and Felsaber, with the Felsaber being the DH mount. So maybe non DH can get a version. That'd be cool.
Hm, it would be cool, though I'm wondering if there's a base mount and an upgraded mount, similar to how warlocks and paladins have 2 versions of their class mounts.
Well they had those differences cause of the old mounts being different speeds. DKs didn't have that, just the one land mount. It also had DH specifically tagged on that Felsaber while the other was blank like the other mounts (minus the new charger).