BlizzCon - LEGION chatter

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: BlizzCon - LEGION chatter

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

The bear probably uses the same rigging but it looks like a new model. And it's about TIME we got a new bear that actually looks like a bear...

And I was thinking that with the storm drakes, but the ones in Cata were technically creatures of the elemental plane of air and not real dragons, technically speaking. I don't care too much, they're still really cool.

And anyway, re: their bodies being the same... dragons of the same type/era have ALWAYS had exactly the same bodies, scales and all, except for two exceptions (the azure and mottled). All oldworld drakes have the same skin, all the netherdrakes, all the pandaria dragons... so I'm not at all bothered. They're cool, and I want to ride one.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tri-speccing is going to be allowed in Legion. Quad-speccing for druids! Dual spec for demon hunters of course.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

You can transmog away the appearance and type of your artefact weapon if you like.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Hunters get unique flight paths and a giant eagle will take us to our class lodge in Highmountain... How bad***, lol. Now too bad that wasn't our class mount!

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Fun little bits of info From WoWhead's coverage of the Darkmoon Faire Community Amphitheater that wasn't included in the Virtual Ticket:

-Alleria and Turalyon? Marksman hunter spec artifact quest line is Alleria's story

-What about hunters and their pets?
With Marksmanship hunters, we saw most take Lone Wolf talent so we said hey let's go all the way there and remove the pet.
Beast Mastery hunters are now the pet spec.
Survival: all the cool mechanics are now MM talents, like procs and Black Arrow.

-Artifacts: easy to level for 2 specs?
The further you are behind, the easier it is to catch up most of the way
Maintaining off specs is more difficult but not impossible - you'll be very slightly behind on the 2nd spec
But for those very far behind, the traits are cheaper to get although you'll be doing the same activities
Hopefully you won't want to change specs with the new class fantasy fulfillment!

http://www.wowhead.com/news=249804/dark ... ss-changes
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I actually like Metzen. So I don't complain when he's out there talking. You can understand him. With about half of the other guys.. well..... not being mean, but they're computer and programming nerds. And they SOUND like it on stage. Lots of "ums" and "uhhs" and "err" and Mumbles.

Metzen has a distinctive voice but you can understand him and he knows how to talk into a Mic and you don't have to strain to understand or hear him. He's sort of Blizzards Rock star. So they're going to let him front, if they can.

I hate the BM gun. Same as everyone else. It sucks. Everyone seems to hate it, so maybe they'll listen and change it before launch or let us pick. I wouldn't hold my breath as they seem to think it's linked to the lore/feel of each spec, but maybe we can get a 'better' gun. That one blows. It looks like a litch king green or something.

Loving the upcoming Transmog system... I'm just... waiting for it to land before I get too excited. We all remember the Dance studio.... this new Transmog system would solve... 65% of my problems with the game right now (Bank, void storage and 4 and a half bags of gear kept for Tmog.... I think I currently have 2 to 4 bag slots open on a good day on my main. Ouch!))

Unlike some others I'm not too excited about the scaling world. This means that no matter where you go, the enemies are going to be at your level and a bit 'tough'. So... even at max level there's no easy areas. While this will maintain challenge. Once you hit max level you kinda don't want to have to fight for every inch of travel across the world, and this will 'end' dungeon runs and raid solos.

I'm very excited for the game. Looks fun. Just not sure about a few aspects of it. The BM gun being the biggest let down just now.

I do like that we guessed right about high mountain and the hunter class lodge. The "Eagles" being our feature is neat. the Hunter only Highway is nice. "Fly you fools!" (and dont' moan, you all thought it too!!))

Small note, they said they are both open to, and 'want' to do racial variants... but they're sort of stuck in the 'fantasy of the class/species' mindset right now.. .but it means we might get brown, or gray Orcs at some point. Tanka or Moose Tauren, etc down the line. That'd be nice. Even if it's just a patch highlight. I've wanted those options for a long time. I think I'd play my Tauren ALOT more if I could give him moose antlers.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

they were talking about making profession interesting and the rewards you would be getting from them and at the end they flashed a few images up on screen and said "and much much more."
The guy on the left is riding a moose.

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I'm still mad they took my moose from the store and locked it behind a temp Heroic Raid ending....

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Yeah, me too. I'm hoping there'll be others though; I mean.. the Orgrimmar Bumpercar Worg reappeared multiple times in Draenor without the (in my mind) horrible looking bumpers.

Only dif is, I kinda like all the crap on the moose. I'm still hoping to bum along with someone to get it before Legion drops.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I got the virtual ticket. Here are some screed grabs of things I caught. These MIGHT be repeats. Sorry if they are but I've been under the weather.

This looks like a new fire spider maybe. Sorry you cannot see it clearly.

Could be a new boar color.

Can kind of see the moose. But what caught my eye was the at the far right (it's butt faces you could be a new Draenor wolf color. It doesn't look like anything on Petopia.

MOOSE!

New druid sea lion model!!!

New moonkin!!!

Another image of the corrupted bear

Dragon boss from the Emerald Dream.

I've not watched everything but this is some of the things I caught. I know at least one is a repeat. Sorry again for that but this is the first chance I've felt ok enough to sit and upload these.

My hype for legion is a maximum. NEED IT NAO!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Hmm, you're right, that could be a new boar colour! I originally thought it was just the brown one, but it has dark grey spikes and this has very light ones. I wish they'd just remove the spikes and distinguish it a little from the Draenor model. I really dislike that the wildlife of both worlds just blends into one for the convenience of sharing art. :(

The spiders look to me a lot like the bone spider model, but perhaps modified somewhat. It's hard to tell. Definitely new colours, either way.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

This was posted in the other thread:

The boar and wolf look like new colors to me too. But like Wain I'm not a big fan of the draenor boars being used... and I miss the old world ones. Wish they would've kept that model and just updated it.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh you're right! Definitely not a bone spider then! Yeah, very much like the fire model, but with regular textures where they glowing would be. I like that.

I don't dislike the Draenor boars, in fact I love them. I'd just like them to stay there. The way they're going, Draenor and Azeroth may as well be the one world. It's like they want to completely undo the vast difference between wildlife that the original Burning Crusade artists worked so hard to create. I get why... it's cost effective to recycle models and these already exist and are tempting. The vast increase in model quality since BC means it's slower and harder for the art team to produce completely new ones.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Saw this during the Professions Panel, (the quality was crap sorry) but looked like a "Ghost Moose Mount"?

Attachments
GhostMooseMount.jpg
GhostMooseMount.jpg (128.31 KiB) Viewed 17720 times

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

and if I recall correct, that green spooky moose mount came at the end of the profession section as part of the "much more" they couldnt get into due to time restraints.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh yeah, I saw that too. They never referred to it on the stage at all, it was just up between speakers. Intriguing.