Possible new pet models?!

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Possible new pet models?!

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Didn't see anyone else post something similar, but if they did and I missed it please excuse me! One certainly looks like a new bear (FINALLY!) and the other appears to be some sort of cat/panther with a similar model to the store runesaber mount thing. Wish the quality was a little better.

Bear:
http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screensho ... 488031.jpg

Cat:
http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screensho ... 488100.jpg

Bonus, there's definitely SOMETHING in the background there, one looks like a stag/moose (maybe?) and the other looks bigger and poofier. Also, the name gives me hope (even if it's just a dungeon)!
http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screensho ... 488111.jpg

There's also this, but it seems similar to one of the bear druid screenshots they shared, so my hopes aren't too high on this one.
http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screensho ... 488089.jpg

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Possible new pet models?!

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks :) I think someone posted in the Legion forum about this rather than here, but it's useful to have it here too.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

As reported in the Legion forum, there was a new basilisk (presumably) model peeking out from behind a demon hunter wing in this shot:

Attachments
NewBasilisk.jpg
NewBasilisk.jpg (10.99 KiB) Viewed 15692 times
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Guardian – Claws of Ursoc (Artifact weapon look)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Dwarf Hunters in Legion use the new bear model as their starter pet.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bendak wrote:Dwarf Hunters in Legion use the new bear model as their starter pet.
Oh cool. I wonder if that might look a bit weird in starting zone context if all the other bears around you are old models, but probably more important that the players get good quality ones. I wonder if they'll update other starting pets where a better model is available. Boars, cats, etc.

Out of interest, was this info from a panel discussion?
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Wain wrote:
Bendak wrote:Dwarf Hunters in Legion use the new bear model as their starter pet.
Oh cool. I wonder if that might look a bit weird in starting zone context if all the other bears around you are old models, but probably more important that the players get good quality ones. I wonder if they'll update other starting pets where a better model is available. Boars, cats, etc.

Ah it was from my buddy Darkbrew. He went to one of the demo stations and rolled a fresh Hunter to check things out (while everyone else was demon huntering).
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bendak wrote:
Wain wrote:

Ah it was from my buddy Darkbrew. He went to one of the demo stations and rolled a fresh Hunter to check things out (while everyone else was demon huntering).
Ah, sweet :)
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I also saw a comment floating around that there are new rabbit models. Not exactly a hunter pet, but any new critter/beast models are exciting.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I'm not sure I'd rate new rabit models as exciting but.. every little bit helps.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Definitely new hippogryphs that appear to be related to the MoP mount model, but do not seem to be mounts. At least I can't see the dangly thing under the neck that the mount has:

We may never get tameable hippogryphs, but if there ever was an expansion for them I guess this would be it.

I'm pretty sure that's a new colour and not the same as the mount, too. The neck feathers are gold instead of rusty red. This doesn't seem to be due to lighting, as the wing tips are still rusty red like the mount. So maybe at least we'll see new mount colours.
Attachments
Hippo2.jpg
Hippo2.jpg (35.93 KiB) Viewed 15692 times
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Well, exciting for some people then. Not the thing I'm looking forward to most, obviously, but personally I like seeing any new animal models whether it's a rabbit or something larger. At any rate, the old critter models could definitely use a make-over.

And it could just be the lighting in that picture. The hippogryph looks very similar to the emerald imo. But either way I hope we see more colors too. It would be great to see that gorgeous pink color on the new model, and the blue.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I considered that, but on the mount version the neck and wing tips share almost the same rust colour, and the wing has a gold band in the middle. This wild one still has a gold wing band, but the neck matches that band, rather than the wing tips. I think if it was changed because of atmosphere colouring then the neck and wing tips should still be consistent, even if don't appear their original colours.

But either way, it's nice to see a non mount version :) at least it looks like it has no harness.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Since our version of deathgate is flying on an eagle, maybe new eagle models too?
Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Doc Privas »

I missed those cats, they look great! Can't wait to see more of them :)

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

pop wrote:Since our version of deathgate is flying on an eagle, maybe new eagle models too?
I meant to post this, too! I think you're on to something here, as I doubt our special class ability would be the same old WotLK eagle.
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Speaking of the eagles, I really hope that's visible to all other players. Imagine a group of hunters getting together and then getting scooped up by a flock of giant eagles. XD Really hoping for a new model for that, though. *_*

Oh man, and those new cat models! They look so fit and muscular, like something that's seriously dangerous when messed with. I love it! Looks like it's sort of taken from the Mystic Runesaber model, which I absolutely love.

(Also hi I'm back)

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

With any luck, we won't have to wait several harrowing minutes for a moth to deliver the message to pick us up, either.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

They mentioned "Giant Eagles" in relation to the hunter class having access to them via a unique class flight network, and them being used for the class hall hearth. So I'd say it's a safe bet we'll get new eagle models too. I'm hoping (For the love of Glod!) that we end up with access to eagles as usable mounts as a bonus!!

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Oh my goodness, that basilisk is amazing! I might actually tame one now. I usually can't stand them because most of them have weirdly-colored crystals that don't match the base, some wind serpents have that issue too. They did mention new basilisk models and something else I believe.

If the dwarf hunters are getting the new bear models when they start, maybe new night elves get the new saber? With elven lore, it'd make sense. Possibly room for moving in new models for other pets, like WoD boars and raptors for orcs and trolls (even though I'm not a big fan of the new boars either). Even the creatures that don't quite fit in could get an update, like dragonhawks, and they've shown that they're entirely willing to slip in tons of new rares in the older zones to give hunters access to different models and colors, so that'd be a way to make them available to everyone. Come to think of it, Eversong only has one or two rares that I remember...

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com