Transmog 2.0

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Transmog 2.0

Unread post by Slickrock »

PorrasouxRex wrote:
Slickrock wrote:
PorrasouxRex wrote:ACTUALLY HERE'S MY QUESTION.

If they mean quest rewards, do they also include pre-cataclysm quests?
They said ALL quests.
But I'm still wondering if that includes no longer existing in-game quests.
Yes, as they are still all in the system. Only ones not would be if the quest reward was changed at some point.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I wonder if it will count quests that were repeatable but the result was always the same gear, like the AQ gear. It's possible those quests are never flagged. I threw some of that gear out for space. Not that it's hard to get it again. It's very easy once you have the rep. Just idle musing.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Slickrock

Wain wrote:I wonder if it will count quests that were repeatable but the result was always the same gear, like the AQ gear. It's possible those quests are never flagged. I threw some of that gear out for space. Not that it's hard to get it again. It's very easy once you have the rep. Just idle musing.
they didn't specifically discuss those, but they were pretty emphatic about all quests, so who knows...
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Well, they said all the quests you ever did and even the choices you didn't make.
Sounds pretty clear to me.

It's not like it'll cost them money, you know... ;)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bhando wrote:Well, they said all the quests you ever did and even the choices you didn't make.
Sounds pretty clear to me.
It's not like it'll cost them money, you know... ;)
Oh yeah. It's just idle musing because it's possible that the quests I mentioned are never flagged as completed on the player. As soon as you complete one it offers it to you again. They may not have considered edge cases when they said "all". But it doesn't concern me greatly :)
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wain wrote:It's just idle musing because it's possible that the quests I mentioned are never flagged as completed on the player.
Well, actually, they are...
As far as I can remember, the first time the quest icon is yellow, turns blue only for the second time, right?
(It's been a while since I played and dalies have never been my favorites...)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bhando wrote:
Wain wrote:It's just idle musing because it's possible that the quests I mentioned are never flagged as completed on the player.
Well, actually, they are...
As far as I can remember, the first time the quest icon is yellow, turns blue only for the second time, right?
(It's been a while since I played and dalies have never been my favorites...)
No, it stays yellow. I was just doing them on my pally ;)
Slickrock

I just wonder how much of that old gear will hold up at all on the new models...
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I know this may be a bad idea considering what happened from WoD blizzcon announcements to live, but in anticipation of the new mog system automatically adding old quest rewards you;ve completed, I went through my bags/bank/void and vendored most of my quest rewards. Going from 2 to 33 bag slots feels gooooooddddddd......
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kargath

Unread post by Twistedklown »

I wonder if they will give us all of the weapons from the battered hilt quest. I have done the quest line on a couple characters, and chose the 2h sword, 1h sword, and 2h mace. But I would also love to have some of the others unlocked without having to do the quest lines all over again.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Twistedklown wrote:I wonder if they will give us all of the weapons from the battered hilt quest. I have done the quest line on a couple characters, and chose the 2h sword, 1h sword, and 2h mace. But I would also love to have some of the others unlocked without having to do the quest lines all over again.
Wow, that's an interesting possibility. I hope so :)
Slickrock

Twistedklown wrote:I wonder if they will give us all of the weapons from the battered hilt quest. I have done the quest line on a couple characters, and chose the 2h sword, 1h sword, and 2h mace. But I would also love to have some of the others unlocked without having to do the quest lines all over again.
That'll sure put a dent in battered hilt sales, lol
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

I'm so glad I went and took the time back in WotLK to finish my pre-Cata Loremaster. All that hard work will pay off with a wealth of awesome transmogs.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

I just got done watching BellularGaming's video on the early new transmog system, and I noticed some of the previously off-limits stuff like Gilnean top hats and holiday stuff like the bunny ears from the noble garden holiday are included as moggable options. Also hearing rumors that the same is true for the gas mask and forever lovely rose from different people, as well as white quality gear.

I don't know how much of that will make it to live or even beta, but I'm at least hoping the white gear part is true and holds up to live. There are a lot of white quality gear pieces that I've wanted since transmog went live, especially the silvermoon pieces and many of the low level droppable pieces to sets like the ceremonial set and grizzly harness set :)

Must. Remember. It's. Only. Alpha.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Sigrah wrote:I just got done watching BellularGaming's video on the early new transmog system, and I noticed some of the previously off-limits stuff like Gilnean top hats and holiday stuff like the bunny ears from the noble garden holiday are included as moggable options. Also hearing rumors that the same is true for the gas mask and forever lovely rose from different people, as well as white quality gear.
Thank you for reporting that something fun was found in the game. It will be removed in an upcoming build.

Jokes.

I hope...
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Here's our answer on the question of unlocking item transmog vs. wearer type:
https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status ... 3566147584

Essentially, you can only "learn" transmog gear from your maximum armour type. Plate-wearers will only be able to unlock plate, even though they can wear cloth, etc. In contrast, weapons are by whatever you can wield.

I believe this is fair. As we discussed earlier, if transmog unlocking was simply by what you could wear then plate-wearers would be able to learn everything, while clothies very little. The only other fair option would be if everyone could learn everything that came into their hands.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Well, now the "from all quest you ever did, even if you didn't choose that item then" makes more sense.
My warrior will just get weapons, shields and plate, not all the other stuff.

Although I think it's sad, it should be all the stuff and the collection, like every other collection, account wide.

First they didn't give us any chance to look good, now they make it hard.
What's the point? It's just cosmetics!

I agree on not mogging plate onto cloth and vice versa, but why farm the exact same item a couple of times just because you have alts?
Also, daggers and fist weapons should be moggable with one another.
You never see anyone with a fist weapon... Guess why!
I would so love to have my forsaken or troll rogue use some kind of claws.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bhando wrote:First they didn't give us any chance to look good, now they make it hard.
What's the point? It's just cosmetics!
So are mounts and minipets, really. Collecting is an aspect of the game.
Bhando wrote: I agree on not mogging plate onto cloth and vice versa, but why farm the exact same item a couple of times just because you have alts?
I'm not sure what you mean. The collection is still account-wide, so you only need to farm it once, on one toon. It's just that you can't farm the cloth gear on a Paladin, etc.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

I like it. It will give me a lot to do and transmog is one of my favorite aspects of the game. Collecting everything I can on an alt that uses that kind will be fun.

I've got so much stuff in my void storage and bank, too.
It's ridiculous :3c

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:Here's our answer on the question of unlocking item transmog vs. wearer type:
https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status ... 3566147584

Essentially, you can only "learn" transmog gear from your maximum armour type. Plate-wearers will only be able to unlock plate, even though they can wear cloth, etc. In contrast, weapons are by whatever you can wield.

I believe this is fair. As we discussed earlier, if transmog unlocking was simply by what you could wear then plate-wearers would be able to learn everything, while clothies very little. The only other fair option would be if everyone could learn everything that came into their hands.
Thanks Wain, this cleared up my questions. I had been hoarding pretty much everything I get on any character when I run old raids because I didn't know. I know now what I can delete. Its a little irritating because clothies are among my favorite to mog but I hate playing them. Not much different than now in that respect. Still happy!

I *will* have every Ulduar sword unlocked, I swear it by the old gods and the new!

Edit: Only weapons a Hunter can't unlock are wands, shields, and 1h/2h maces right?