Transmog 2.0

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Transmog 2.0

Unread post by Wain »

- There is a new transmog wardrobe UI for managing appearances, by slot. It looks awesome!

- it is account-wide!

- I'm not sure if it's randomly sorted, or sorted by artwork (so like items of different colours are grouped together). The example UI given showed two like items next to each other, but there were too few items in total to be sure this wasn't chance.

- as soon as you have an item bound to you it will be added to your wardrobe and you can toss the item if you like (at least as far as appearance goes!). You must be able to equip the item in order to learn the appearance, so no learning wands on your warrior

- they will automatically add all quest items you may have earned through any quest in your character's history, plus any options you didn't choose at the time!

- you can create and save outfit sets to manage all this better

- hiding / showing head, cloak and shoulders will be on a per-outfit basis. Shoulders can be hidden!

- new transmog slots: shirts, weapon enchants and tabards! Finally we can collect tabard looks and get rid of the banked ones! I'm not sure how tabards with powers / utilities will be handled.
Attachments
transmogUI.jpg
transmogUI.jpg (349.39 KiB) Viewed 16551 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Transmog 2.0

Unread post by Vephriel »

I literally think I started crying or hyperventilating during this part of the panel holy shit.

I HAVE NO WORDS.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Oh wow, that looks so cool. I really, really like this.

"Shoulders can be hidden!"

...Ohhhh my god... Is this real? Finally?? Ahhhh

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

I....will have....bag space o_o

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:- they will automatically add all quest items you may have earned through any quest in your character's history, plus any options you didn't choose at the time!
I... I get my malefactor eyepatch?

is this real life?
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

Quivering wrote:
Wain wrote:- they will automatically add all quest items you may have earned through any quest in your character's history, plus any options you didn't choose at the time!
I... I get my malefactor eyepatch?

is this real life?

wait...omg...The eyepatch Blizz said they couldnt give me because they had no proof I picked it...I...get it back?!?

Now if only I could get that Blessed Garb of the Undead Slayer stuff I had way back in the scourge event back...Still pissed I cant get it back..I had the full set >_<

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Wain wrote: - as soon as you have an item bound to you it will be added to your wardrobe and you can toss the item if you like (at least as far as appearance goes!). You must be able to equip the item in order to learn the appearance, so no learning wands on your warrior
Does this mean that you can learn cloth, leather, mail, and plate items on a DK, for example? If so, I guess I know what class I'll level to 110 after my hunter...
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

WOW, I'll have more than two rows of bag space again :headbang: :mrgreen:

Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

So much hype over this. Happy I don't have to farm duplicates on my alt hunters now. My biggest question right now is if I'll be able to use my challenge mode set on my other hunters.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

The only thing that gets me hyped so far.
Equeon wrote:
Does this mean that you can learn cloth, leather, mail, and plate items on a DK, for example? If so, I guess I know what class I'll level to 110 after my hunter...

I think you can only transmog plate into plate, mail into mail, ect
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

That panel was really quiet. Then they said you could hide shoulders and they were giving you all the armor rewards from past completed quests and the room just exploded with applause and cheers of pure joy. Gave me a good chuckle and I have to admit i was thrilled too.
for years one of my favorite mogs has felt incomplete because the only cloak that matched my theme came from a single quest with no other alternative ways to get it- and i had completed that quest a month prior to making my mog and had chosen a different reward. I stopped working on lore master because I was paranoid i would make that same mistake again. I was genuinely excited about that announcement
and hide shoulders? YES! YESYESYES! my male night elves shall no longer have to suffer and my druid will look so much better without them! ieee!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Loridon wrote:The only thing that gets me hyped so far.
Equeon wrote: Does this mean that you can learn cloth, leather, mail, and plate items on a DK, for example? If so, I guess I know what class I'll level to 110 after my hunter...
I think you can only transmog plate into plate, mail into mail, ect
Yeah, but from what they said, I think you should be able to *learn* the pieces on your plate-wearer, since all you need to do is put the piece on to bind it to you and it's added to your wardrobe.

I guess it's a bit unfair really, as in transmog context it's arbitrary that cloth wearers can only add cloth looks to their wardrobe, but plate wearers can add everything. I probably would have been meaner and made it so you can only learn the top armour type for your class. ;)
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Hmm, very excited about this, but also curious if plate wearers would be able to add whatever they want to their closet like other have mentioned. I will admit, my hunter has a number of cloth items I've picked up in old raids in her void storage in hopes that she can add them to the closet for my clothies who just have bad luck with those items not dropping for them.

But then again, that kind of takes away the fun of running old world dungeons for transmog, which is something I do a great deal once I've maxed characters out, as running the current raids beyond raid finder difficulty is not something I actively enjoy. ((I wouldn't mind having more powerful gear and weapons, but with a new expansion on the horizon, putting up with high egos trying to do the harder difficulties is just no fun.))

Hm, I wonder if class specific stuff will also be restricted as well-such as shaman gear remaining only for shamans and or int mail gear can still have its look used by an agility mail class? (My hunter is currently wearing my favorite model of shirts in game, and it is a shaman-designed top..)
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Wain wrote:I guess it's a bit unfair really, as in transmog context it's arbitrary that cloth wearers can only add cloth looks to their wardrobe, but plate wearers can add everything.
This and the info that the wardrobe will be account wide makes no sense at all.

I think not even Blizz will be doing something that stu... uh... strange.
Can you imagine the nerdrage of people with cloth clad mains?
Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Doc Privas »

This is really great! Can't wait! <3

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I'm so happy I will finally be able to hide shoulders. So, so very happy.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Since this is one of the systems, I imagine itll go live with the prelaunch patch :D
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Quivering wrote:Since this is one of the systems, I imagine it'll go live with the prelaunch patch :D
I really hope so. Not only will it empty our desperately full banks, but it will keep players distracted for months before Legion! Anyone who collects transmog will be running every old dungeon and raid they can to collect those pieces :)
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I wish they'd add the ability to hide gloves, too. Another mmo I played allowed it... Eso maybe?

There are actually some gorgeous bracers out there, but you can never see them with most glove models. Would be cool to hide gloves so you can show them off. Not to mention, some of my characters sets look really clunky with gloves and they'd look much better with their arms bare, save for a sleek bracer.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |