Transmog 2.0

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Re: Transmog 2.0

Unread post by Chaix »

Quiv wrote:Hiding an option does cost gold. Its a mog like any other now. :( Edit: I take that back, you can use the hide mog for free.

The upside about having a melee spec is having a 2H really opens up mog potential. This mess is one I threw together on a whim looking through my options. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact THIS IS A HUNTER.

Didn't bliz say something like "you should be able to identify your opponent's class/spec on sight"? I bet with some creativity (and some older -not as recognizable- gear) you could really mess with people's heads.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Chaix wrote:Didn't bliz say something like "you should be able to identify your opponent's class/spec on sight"?
I hope not, because with transmog, I could very easily turn my hunter into a shaman or my death knight into a holy paladin. ;)

..... well, a *little* less the second, but only because a holy paladin would be carrying a shield or offhand.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Lock/Mage/Priest and Rogue/Druid/Monk are some of the biggest mingles of gear and class/spec identity too. This is why I kinda wish they would just lift the armor type restriction on transmog altogether. We cross class, spec, and even melee/ranged looks now.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It would just be really weird to have a mage running around in plate, or a DK in cloth. At least with those combos you've mentioned, they are within the same type of armor (even if they don't fit thematically).
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

So something I discovered. I understand why plate can't unlock cloth etc but a plate wearer can't even see whether or not the appearance has been collected for other armor types (or unequippable weapons). It means you have to mail all your BOE stuff to a class that can equip them properly to see if you even have them unlocked. I've been trying to do this on the PTR and its a real headache. If I could see if I don't have the appearance unlocked, I could at least begin to vendor things. Its a shame that such an amazing and needed system gets bogged down with this kind of QoL stuff.

I assume it is technically due to the fact a particular toon can only see their armor/weapon types they can use, and this restriction carries over to the tooltip on restricted gear. I posted about it on the forums, but don't expect much to come from it.

And don't even get me started on the lack of sorting and filtering options. Basic basic stuff that Mogit has been doing amazingly well for years. I don't get it, why implement a great feature so poorly? :(
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Quiv wrote:I don't get it, why implement a great feature so poorly? :(
Because, and I hate to sound like the Devil's Advocate, they have *also* been implimenting a vast variety of other things. Like entire graphical overhauls of many creatures, new zones, new pets, new skill trees, fine-tuning, adjusting, et cetera.

If transmog was the *only* thing they had implimented, I'd be similarly upset. However, there *are* AddOns that should help with the sorting, and as they work on patches, instead of creating the whole thing from scratch in a year, they will have time to work on it piece by piece, hopefully.

I foresee them bringing in other filtering options and such later on, once they have put the basic one in and they find out what is needed and how best to work with it.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Kurasu wrote:
Quiv wrote:I don't get it, why implement a great feature so poorly? :(
Because, and I hate to sound like the Devil's Advocate, they have *also* been implimenting a vast variety of other things. Like entire graphical overhauls of many creatures, new zones, new pets, new skill trees, fine-tuning, adjusting, et cetera.

If transmog was the *only* thing they had implimented, I'd be similarly upset. However, there *are* AddOns that should help with the sorting, and as they work on patches, instead of creating the whole thing from scratch in a year, they will have time to work on it piece by piece, hopefully.

I foresee them bringing in other filtering options and such later on, once they have put the basic one in and they find out what is needed and how best to work with it.
Precisely. If this was the only thing they were adding, then there would be good reason to get upset over it. But there being several things added/changed in this expac, they can't focus all of their resources on just the Xmog system. They will probably refine it further in future patches.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Perhaps, but sorting is a basic feature. Its like opening a hamburger shop without condiments. I'm thrilled with what we did get, but it still boggles me.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

I think the main thing they're looking for is "We now have this thing. What do people want/need with it? How can we best make it better for the community?"

That, at least, would be my guess.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, being able to see what transmog your other toons know seems like an add-on thing, at least for starters. I really hope that stuff is available in the API so that mod developers can do this. It would be a great use for the Legion version of MogIt.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Delphinie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Delphinie »

Holy Pal is a huge 2hand hammer now.
OMG, The Insanity of Altoholisim. ~Japhinie/Delphinie~
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Delphinie wrote:Holy Pal is a huge 2hand hammer now.
Oh!

In which case, I will say it again: I could *easily* turn a Death Knight into a Holy Paladin at a glance. Or, for that matter, vice versa.

Two-handed maces can be transmogged to two-handed axes and swords, after all.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yep. They have been that way since alpha :). Blizz decided to make them into a melee healer.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

See, now I want to transmog a Holy Paladin into black shiny 'DK-style' armor and give them a big 'Eff-Off' terrifying two-handed axe. :D
Delphinie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Delphinie »

I just want them to add more plate and mail skirts. I love that style on my DK/Pal and my hunters and shaman.
OMG, The Insanity of Altoholisim. ~Japhinie/Delphinie~
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Delphinie wrote:I just want them to add more plate and mail skirts. I love that style on my DK/Pal and my hunters and shaman.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was disappointed the pre-legion invasion event didn't have kilt/skirt/sarong models for the armor sets, like the pre-LK undead invasion had for their armor sets (judgement recolor). DH npcs are often shown with kilt/sarongs, so I got my hopes up too soon.
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

I really like 90% of the new transmog/wardrobe system. My only issue is that I won't be able to learn the already soulbound items on a character if the item is not meant for the class. Like I have the Robe of Doan, which you can't get anymore, on my warrior (she has a lot of dresses for roleplay and this was one of them)...and she can't learn it. So basically my cloth wearers won't get the benefit of me having obtained it on another character :?

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Bad news: the Twilight Cultist Set, as of this moment, is no longer in the list of 'allowable objects'. :( I dropped a message about it on the EU forum, but I suspect that it will be forever removed from the transmog unless they decide to make it bindable. Or allow some other way to wear it.

Another massive hope, dashed to pieces! *sob*

Likewise, the bouquets of roses that had been present there have been removed as well. Sadface!
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

NNnnnnooooooooo!!!
Why Blizzard why!!?!?!??

My favorite set. :cry:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Hey there guys. The developers still need as much feedback and help with the new Appearance/Wardrobe Tab as they can get, so by all means keep on providing feedback, suggestions, and issuing bug reports.

Here are a few Beta threads on the subject:

Transmogrification Update - June 22

Test Request: Unobtainable Appearances

Test Request: Armor Type Changes

Again, if you have Beta or even PTR access and have any concerns, suggestions, or perhaps maybe a favorite item of yours is missing, by all means let them know. Every little bit of feedback helps.