Transmog 2.0

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Re: Transmog 2.0

Unread post by Serenith »

Not transmog related, but related to wardrobe system changes being made. Not sure if anyone mentioned it (and I am sorry cause I don't have time to read every post) but starter gear now has armor type requirements. Unfortunately after deciding to play around on the PTR I noticed some of my RP outfits are now unusable by certain classes. Example being the dwarf shaman starter "robe" is now mail and I had used that for RP on a druid and priest cause well, it looks nice. Will this change be permanent? Cause it is kinda a downer, though I do get it on some level. Just seems silly to have a mail "robe" >.>

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Sadly, it appears so. :( Blizz is changing it so that all classes have one type of armor they wear all through lvling. Hunters and Shamans wear Mail. Warriors and Paladins wear Plate. No leather till 40 or mail till 40.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

You could report it, though since it's a starter thing (and therefore common/white), I'm not sure how much luck you'd have. I'm still desperately bug reporting the three bugged shirts (the old orc/tauren starting shirt is still common/white and non-binding, and the green holiday and white tuxedo shirts are uncommon/green and bind on equip but don't get added to the appearance collection) to no avail thus far, so I don't know how far along they are in sorting that stuff out on an individual item basis; I've been reporting it since PTR started (and technically before in the case of the Primitive Mantle via twitter, since I wasn't in alpha/beta and character copies weren't up anyway but could see it wasn't working properly in both MMO Champion and Wowhead's databases). I'm still hoping they add some of those starter looks to the appearance collection through some means at some point; that dark purple-blue cloth robe and the leather boots from the Pandaren starting area are gorgeous but aren't available in a moggable version anywhere :(

As for that robe specifically, there isn't a transmoggable brown version like the robe, but at least there are three cloth robes that use the same model if it's the strapless, off the shoulder look you're after (Robes of the Dragon Slayer is from a Bloodmyst Isle quest and is blue and gold/tan; Fur Covered Robe is from an Azuremyst Isle quest and is brown and sky blue; and Astralaan Robe is a TBC drop and is white and pinky-purple). I dunno if any of those would work for you for that specific purpose, though.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Ickabob wrote:Hey there guys. The developers still need as much feedback and help with the new Appearance/Wardrobe Tab as they can get, so by all means keep on providing feedback, suggestions, and issuing bug reports.

Here are a few Beta threads on the subject:

Transmogrification Update - June 22

Test Request: Unobtainable Appearances

Test Request: Armor Type Changes

Again, if you have Beta or even PTR access and have any concerns, suggestions, or perhaps maybe a favorite item of yours is missing, by all means let them know. Every little bit of feedback helps.
Have you got a way that people on EU servers can make postings to those? Because I would love to post to those, as I'm a transmog whore, but I unfortunately can't, being on EU.

Trust me: there's a *few* unique appearances that are not available in transmog (the Twilight Cultist set and several unique-appearance greys and whites) that I'd love to bring up to them. ;)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

There is a Transmogrification Update - 22 June on the EU forums.
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

Xella wrote:You could report it, though since it's a starter thing (and therefore common/white), I'm not sure how much luck you'd have. I'm still desperately bug reporting the three bugged shirts (the old orc/tauren starting shirt is still common/white and non-binding, and the green holiday and white tuxedo shirts are uncommon/green and bind on equip but don't get added to the appearance collection) to no avail thus far, so I don't know how far along they are in sorting that stuff out on an individual item basis; I've been reporting it since PTR started (and technically before in the case of the Primitive Mantle via twitter, since I wasn't in alpha/beta and character copies weren't up anyway but could see it wasn't working properly in both MMO Champion and Wowhead's databases). I'm still hoping they add some of those starter looks to the appearance collection through some means at some point; that dark purple-blue cloth robe and the leather boots from the Pandaren starting area are gorgeous but aren't available in a moggable version anywhere :(

As for that robe specifically, there isn't a transmoggable brown version like the robe, but at least there are three cloth robes that use the same model if it's the strapless, off the shoulder look you're after (Robes of the Dragon Slayer is from a Bloodmyst Isle quest and is blue and gold/tan; Fur Covered Robe is from an Azuremyst Isle quest and is brown and sky blue; and Astralaan Robe is a TBC drop and is white and pinky-purple). I dunno if any of those would work for you for that specific purpose, though.

Those other robes are lovely too, but the colors don't suit the character. And of course, its not like the only thing she wears, but at the moment I am feeling like this new system is limiting. Generally I had thought I would be able to vendor and free up lots of bag space, but some of my characters collect RP gear of all kinds of armor types (My pally, warrior, and hunter in particular) and those pieces won't be accessible in the new wardrobe feature, so I have to keep them. On live I can transmog a robe into another robe look on my pally (which would be silly since she doesnt wear cloth to smash faces) but that initially had me believing she would be able to transmog a robe she was wearing to any robe I had collected somewhere on my account. Which is not true, and then I realized I wouldn't be able to access her personal robe collection on my clothies cause she can't learn them. So restricting starter gear just adds to the feeling that I'm losing more than gaining.

BUT I hate crying about this cause I'm still trying to see the positive in this new system. Because generally I do like what I will be able to do with it. My three priests can all share their acquired tier pieces, so I dont have to farm them all over again. I also like being given back the items from old quests, some I had vendored for bag space or because at the time I didn't think I would use it. And of course I love hiding shoulders! I just wish they had allowed more freedom with the system. I don't see how it would hurt letting us transmog or learn items that are not meant for our class, cause obviously if you want to be good in an instance or against a monster, you would need the right equipment. But sitting in town or RPing in wrong armor doesn't hurt anyone. But who knows, maybe they will change it at some point?

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

A question I know a lot of people had, and I can confirm for sure:

Quests that were completed before the Shattering count toward your 'transmog items', so long as you are able to equip them and/or they are your appropriate armor type.

For instance, Kurasu on the PTR presently has the ability to transmog Linken's Sword Of Mastery (which is otherwise unobtainable due to the quest being removed).
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

On the bright side, 2 mail eyepatches!
Image :mrgreen:

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

Brunnhildar harpoon is green now, and transmoggable. In live it's white, and xmoggable, but in the beta, it had been white and unxmogabble. That makes it different than the starting zone gear that's white, but perhaps xmogging white/grey gear is (or should be) on their radar. It could even be a gold sink, where you have to pay X g in order to learn a grey/white item's appearance.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

It sounds like Blizzard will be letting us keep our artifact weapon appearances as transmogs once Legion ends, which is a huge relief for me as I was concerned about getting attached the the lovely bow on my MM hunter (not to mention that quiver) and I'm glad to have it confirmed that they'll let us use them for transmog in the future.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

I wonder if there will ever be guardian druid tanking fist weapons again. I like the fist weapons, even if most of the bear models are weird. I may want to "xmog" 1 or 2 of those some time. Not the feral ones though. I'd rather just have the updated cat skin. Everyone else can xmog over their artifact stuff, including thankfully hunters being able to change Moon Moon, but ferals and guardians are stuck until a patch. maybe. They're considering letting druids use the basic models.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Vephriel wrote:It sounds like Blizzard will be letting us keep our artifact weapon appearances as transmogs once Legion ends
As in, you can transmog *to* an artifact? Or that you can transmog your artifact into something else?

I ask because while I can't test the new artifact weapon (I'm just on the PTR, after all) I know that none of my artifact weapons are available as part of transmog, and Kura's got quite a few.

So unless it's different on Beta, they're still just talking; there's no evidence yet that they've changed it so you can *do* it. :(
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

They were talking about allowing you to transmog an artifact's appearance so you could make for example Titanstrike look like Thas'dorah, but only AFTER Legion is over and the next expansion is en route. I don't think you'll be able to do that in the course of Legion proper, which is sad cos Thas'dorah has that glorious quiver and the bow version of Titanstrike does not :(
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Ah! I understand now.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Bear in mind, allowing Artifacts to be xmogged onto future weapons is something they would like to do. It isn't something they are promising or something they say will happen.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, it's so that in future expansions if we get attached to an artifact's appearance and don't want to lose it entirely, we'll at least be able to transmog to our artifact.

And it may not have been explicitly promised but it definitely sounds like something they intend to do (from the Legion artifact Q&A). They were talking about how they'd have to figure out something for the druid forms, but that weapons could just be transmogged. Also it's likely we'll be able to keep the appearances we 'unlock' during Legion but that they might have a cut off date toward the end of the expansion where you can no longer gain them, so it'll be similar to how players can no longer obtain the legendary cloaks now.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

I on't know if there are any Blizz-lurkers still around but...

Is there, by any means I can understand, any logic why I can't hide items like helmet and cloak via the menu any more?
Why do I have to do that at the transmog shop?
Why ist hiding actually a transmog so I can't hide my cloak of white quality on my Lowlevel?

Please, explain why this was done. I don't get it! To me, it akes absolutely no sense and is just a pain in the... uhm... Well, you know where.
Why do I have to wait until I get an item of green quality and then probably have to pay for it to disappear?
Why, Blizz? Why?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I'm looking for an addon that will tell me, on the item icon itself (not tooltip) whether or not the item is BOE and whether or not I've learned the appearance regardless of what class I'm on.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Karathyriel wrote:Why do I have to wait until I get an item of green quality and then probably have to pay for it to disappear?
At least hiding head/shoulder/back does not cost anything.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Really? At least THAT isn't happening.

I know, most people will wonder "so what" but I absolutely despise cloaks, except on a paladin. :mrgreen: