Transmog 2.0

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Re: Transmog 2.0

Unread post by Mozag »

Karathyriel wrote:I on't know if there are any Blizz-lurkers still around but...

Is there, by any means I can understand, any logic why I can't hide items like helmet and cloak via the menu any more?
Why do I have to do that at the transmog shop?
Why ist hiding actually a transmog so I can't hide my cloak of white quality on my Lowlevel?

Please, explain why this was done. I don't get it! To me, it akes absolutely no sense and is just a pain in the... uhm... Well, you know where.
Why do I have to wait until I get an item of green quality and then probably have to pay for it to disappear?
Why, Blizz? Why?
This. So much this. THIS THIS THIS. I could handle them destroying two of my favourite specs in the game (BM and Discipline). I will simply learn to play them in their new incarnations and mutter ominously to myself...but this. I spent all of my playing time one day in making sure that all (except my unfortunate low level Pally who can't hide her cloak for some reason) my characters had their helmets and cloaks hidden. Yesterday I went to quest in Nagrand and got a better helmet...equipped it. AND GUESS WHAT? IT SHOWS. I logged out immediately and refused to play from sheer rage until I managed to calm down. I don't have helmets and cloaks showing for a REASON. I have no desire to go to Stormwind or Orgrimmar whenever I am given a new item to wear. Didn't they remove the need to go to cities to level up and learn skills so that there was a more streamlined questing experience? But now they have no issue forcing people like me to stop whatever they are doing and go all the way to a city with a transmogger to hide their new helmet/cloak/(shoulders) and then come back again, only to do this as soon as a new item drops. It's driving me nuts.

Okay, so I can buy the yak. But how will a yak help me inside a raid or a dungeon? I refuse to go through an entire dungeon wearing some hideous bucket on my carefully chosen hairstyle! I'm not sure who to yell at, complain at, rage at to make this disgusting change go away. I want to be able to PERMANENTLY hide my helmet and cloak. I actually contemplated quitting because of this. :lol:

I'm just going to hope the US side complain about this enough and Blizzard does something about it, because Europeans don't get much of their feedback across. Until then you'll find me sitting at the transmog person, crying quietly (read: noisily) in a corner.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I get the logic behind putting it into the transmog system, but I too don't understand why. This was really "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." scenario to me.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I am seriously pissed about the helm/cloak thing too. Yet another case of them not considering the player and actual gameplay. It was fine how it was. Why couldn't they have left it alone? I can't see how it could have conflicted with the new mog system. I actually went and bought the yak since I despise most helms. I'm now completely broke (thanks Blizz) but that doesn't help lowbies or in an instance, as mentioned above.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is pissed off by that.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Teigan wrote:I am seriously pissed about the helm/cloak thing too. Yet another case of them not considering the player and actual gameplay. It was fine how it was. Why couldn't they have left it alone? I can't see how it could have conflicted with the new mog system. I actually went and bought the yak since I despise most helms. I'm now completely broke (thanks Blizz) but that doesn't help lowbies or in an instance, as mentioned above.
Yeah the helm/cloak change made me seriously consider buying the stupid Yak, cause I hate playing with 99% of helms. Some look cool but... since my main is a Night Elf, I seriously hate how my eyebrows stick through everything. EVERYTHING. IDK why but it seriously irks me enough that now I have to visit an NPC to turn the helm off that I might spend a crapton of gold on a yak :|

The eyebrows do drive me crazy though. Why do male Night Elves wear their helms just fine without Owl Eyebrows sticking through everything, but my female Night Elf is incapable of that feat?

#HelmProblems

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I agree it's an absolute pain the ass that you have to revisit a transmog NPC every time. Really, really bad design if you ask me. It's not such a big deal on my mains but on the ones I'm leveling? Ugh... lol.. I liked being able to hide my helm and cloak when playing a freshly made character

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I 100% agree with you guys. It feels like a big step backward in quality of life, when I thought it was stuff like that they were wanting to improve on. I despise almost all helmets (except circlets, but even that's rare that I'll wear one), and I'm not a huge fan of cloaks on almost all of my characters, so it irks my face to have to run to a transmogger every time I equip a new one. Especially in dungeons and raids where half the time the appearance is god-awful anyway. I really hope they change it back to the way it was.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I had hide/show helm/cloak hotkeyed, because sometimes I just felt like changing it instantly. It feels like a lot of the code is placeholder code that they thought, "maybe we'll get around to putting the functionality back into, but for now it just needs to run" and then never fixed it.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Goddammit, why isn't Sandrene's Invisible Vest available to mog?
I want my Rogue to be bare-chested.

And if (a huge if) I end up playing a DH on live, I'll want him bare-chested as well, since those chest tattoos are gorgeous, why hide them!

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

If I recall correctly, at least one of the chests that Demon Hunters get in their starting zone (if not the one they actually start with) is bare-chested for dudes, or very nearly so. The lady version is a bra as usual. That said, I don't recall if it's transmoggable or not. I'd assume so? But maybe assuming anything at this point is a bad idea, lol :x

I was leveling a worgen warrior the other day to pick up Cry of the Wolf (all my worgen previously had been clothies or druids) and while I actually really love the Might helm most of the time, it looks ridiculous on a worgen. I ended up chaining Coin of Many Faces, Orb of Deception, and all the rest of the transformation toys that can be used at low levels until I got out of Gilneas and into Darnasssus. Then the boat was broken so I couldn't actually get to Stormwind to transmog out of it, and she was still five levels away from being able to mount up on my own yak. She's getting deleted when DH are createable anyway (she's my name placeholder) so I won't have to look at her for long, but I still cringe every time I accidentally click on Terrisel (the worgen warrior) instead of Tivaari (my night elf warrior) to log in, haha.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

From what I remember, the male DH chest piece in the starter area comes too high up from the waist. It looks funny, and not "bare-chested".

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

There is something screwy going on with appearances. I thought when you looted and bound an item, you unlocked its appearance, and not unlocked the item itself. That doesn't seem to be the case with some (all?) tier gear that shares identical (let that sink in, IDENTICAL) looks with non-tier gear. Before I explain, let me state I fully understand if the tier gear is the only gear that has a certain appearance, I get only that class being able to use it. Thats 100% fine. However if the tier gear shares an appearance with non-tier, the appearance should be unlocked if either is looted and bound, period (in my opinion).

Case in point is the green Shaman T10 shoulders from ICC 10man. They share an identical look another pair of non-tier shoulders from ICC 10 (as do many in ICC). I bought the Shaman tier 10 shoulders thinking they would unlock the appearance, since unlocking appearances and not items is the entire point of the new system. Doesn't work that way.

According to the game, the Frostwitch 10m shoulders and the Shoulders of Crystalline Bone, despite having identical appearances, are unlocked separately. So my Shaman can mog the appearance thats on the Shoulders of Crystalline Bone despite never having looted it. However if I go to a hunter, the non-tier version of the appearance isn't unlocked despite. This makes no sense. If the non-tier appearance is unlocked for one, it should be unlocked for all. The are identical appearances, not separate. It makes no sense whatsoever.

It wouldn't be a problem if they didn't promote this as a system of unlocking appearances. Tier shouldn't matter if the system is based on appearance and not the item. So be warned, tier gear is a needless half-exception to the whole the whole system.
Carnacki
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight US

Unread post by Carnacki »

It's because the appearance is tied into the item ID's. Since the item says what it was transmogged from, it still won't allow pieces that your class couldn't normally equip. So while the shaman shoulders and the offtier may look the same, they're still two different items.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Carnacki wrote:It's because the appearance is tied into the item ID's.
I think you're right. However that's a far cry from the promoted "every piece of gear that is bound to your character permanently unlocks that item’s appearance." (Their words, not mine). I fail to find any mention of item ID restrictions in their promotions.
Carnacki
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Well, it does permanently unlock the tier gear, for any other shaman you make.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Indeed, and that's working as expected. Using the items on the Shaman isn't the issue, though. The issue is the game is treating the non-Shaman piece as if it is Shaman only due to unlocking being based on item ID instead of truly on appearance. Shoulders of Crystalline Bone is not Shaman specific, if its appearance is unlocked (regardless of how), it should be unlocked for all mail wearers and not bound to item ID or classes. The class restriction shouldn't carry over to appearance if the appearance is shared by non class items.
Last edited by Quiv on Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carnacki
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Yup. I hear you. It is confusing.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Yeah I'm tilted if you can't tell lol
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

WAIT! So since I have Quel'delar on Rhyela, that'll unlock its appearance, no? Which means that I should be able to use it to transmog on a different character? Sooooo.....my DK could maybe use it? I was totally going to try to unlock one for him before I learned about the new transmog system. If all of the above is true, then I'm pretty happy! I mean, still not thrilled about the helmet/shoulder/cloak button, but I'll just keep my fingers crossed that they'll add it back in as a UI option down the road.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.