Transmog 2.0

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: Transmog 2.0

Unread post by Kurasu »

Also, something else I can report:

A brand new hunter found a two-handed sword. I equipped it. It was added to transmog.l

Therefore, my earlier curiosity is confirmed: hunters *can* unlock both melee *and* ranged items as gear. Including, in this case, a two-handed sword. So other than maces (and, I think, wands), I think that means that for transmogrification addicts, having a hunter is going to be your best bet for weapon-grinding.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Correction to the above: unless warriors can still equip all ranged weapons. If they can, a warrior will be a better choice; the only thing you'd miss out on in that case would be wands. ;)
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

More transmog spam: something that made me very happy to see. I'm sure it's been reported on, but I've not seen it on *here*:

The ability to tell whether you have something that looks like something else!!!

Although that only shows up on things you can equip. I picked up a 'Burnt Leather Vest', and did not get that warning.
Attachments
TrangmogNewYAY.png
TrangmogNewYAY.png (280.19 KiB) Viewed 12982 times
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Good news and bad news.

The good news: when I picked up a Twilight Cultist Robe on my cloth wearer, the game said, "You haven't collected this appearance."

The bad news: equipping it did *not* add it to the gear list.

*SO*. In short, yes. It (and, I assume, the rest of the Twilight Cultist set) *does* appear in the list of transmoggable gear. However, at this moment, there is no way to actually add it *to* said list to be able to transmogrofy it. You can't put it in your void storage (because it can't be soulbound). Equipping it doesn't soulbind it. Wearing it doesn't add it to the list even temporarily.

I has a sad. :(
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Another good news and bad news for people, while I'm at it.

Good news: if you are a hunter (or other mail wearer) and have collected the scarlet gear, it stays mail in your bank/collection and you can wear it. The stats have changed to agility as well, so it's obviously meant to be hunter gear.

Bad news: you do *not* also get the plate version, so wherever the new 'plate' Scarlet set is hiding, having the old set on your hunter won't also give you the 'plate' version for your warrior/DK.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The armor restrictions on Xmog collecting have been known for a time. You can collect appearance for your armor type (for hunters, mail), but nothing else. For weapons, it is anything you can equip.

The Scarlet sets have also been known. There is a mail ensemble and a plate ensemble that you can buy from a vendor in Darkmoon, I believe. Neither side is left out :D
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

The Bloodsail Admiral's Hat has become cosmetic (the rest of the gear is not; it's still cloth, and as it's on a mail wearer, I can't see if it can be transmogged to anyone else).

The 'Forever Lovely Rose', on the other hand, has not. In fact, it is not in the list of transmoggables at all, as it has no 'type' on it; it's a nonentity in transmog. As is the Spring Circlet. The White Wedding Dress is also not in the list of transmoggables, *and* it is not bindable, so while people were reporting that it was being added, it didn't make it to the PTR.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Valnaaros wrote:The armor restrictions on Xmog collecting have been known for a time. You can collect appearance for your armor type (for hunters, mail), but nothing else. For weapons, it is anything you can equip.
I knew that. What I *didn't* know is what would happen to the Scarlet set that you collected as a hunter/high level mail wearer.

I don't have any scarlet gear on my warrior, so I don't know if it would change to the plate-equivalent there. :D
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Basically, if it is mail and has strength on Live, then it is being converted to plate. There might be a couple of exceptions, but Blizz said their intent is to convert that type of mail to plate and - if there are any that lose an appearance - to make a new version for mail. So the Scarlet set is being converted to plate, but they are adding a new mail version.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Valnaaros wrote:Basically, if it is mail and has strength on Live, then it is being converted to plate. There might be a couple of exceptions, but Blizz said their intent is to convert that type of mail to plate and - if there are any that lose an appearance - to make a new version for mail. So the Scarlet set is being converted to plate, but they are adding a new mail version.
And what I was trying to say is: if you have equipped/bound the mail outfit on your hunter, at this moment, it stays the 'mail' set, and the strength from live changes to agility instead when Legion hits (or at least on the PTR). It does *not* turn into the 'strength plate' version of it.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Ah, gotcha :)
Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

Can anyone confirm that Warriors can still equip ranged weapons in Legion?

I recently found a warlock who had the items for the epic mount quest still, so we were able to summon and kill Lord Hel'nurath a few times. I ended up with both the shield and the Xorothian Firestick on my warrior.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

As far as I'm aware, they can.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Nimrod wrote:Can anyone confirm that Warriors can still equip ranged weapons in Legion?
Good question. Fortunately I have the answer: yes, they can.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Kurasu wrote:Good news and bad news.

The good news: when I picked up a Twilight Cultist Robe on my cloth wearer, the game said, "You haven't collected this appearance."

The bad news: equipping it did *not* add it to the gear list.

*SO*. In short, yes. It (and, I assume, the rest of the Twilight Cultist set) *does* appear in the list of transmoggable gear. However, at this moment, there is no way to actually add it *to* said list to be able to transmogrofy it. You can't put it in your void storage (because it can't be soulbound). Equipping it doesn't soulbind it. Wearing it doesn't add it to the list even temporarily.

I has a sad. :(
There are LW armor kits that make items soulbound. However, with xmog 1.0, soulbinding Twilight Cultist Robes with an armor kit didn't make it xmoggable. But it might be worth testing. (Magister's and Core armor kits are what I've tried in the past).
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I've been copying my toons over to PTR and going through them with a fine tooth comb to find out what got added to Appearances.

Then I found this amazing glorious addition, albeit it is Cloth.

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sweet!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Quiv wrote:I've been copying my toons over to PTR and going through them with a fine tooth comb to find out what got added to Appearances.

Then I found this amazing glorious addition, albeit it is Cloth.

I saw that! There was a mage with one mogged in SW today. After seeing that I instantly raced to my warlock to check.

It's a pleasant surprise, to say the least. Hopefully this is a sign that they're planning on making more holiday items moggable in the future.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Kurasu wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:The armor restrictions on Xmog collecting have been known for a time. You can collect appearance for your armor type (for hunters, mail), but nothing else. For weapons, it is anything you can equip.
I knew that. What I *didn't* know is what would happen to the Scarlet set that you collected as a hunter/high level mail wearer.

I don't have any scarlet gear on my warrior, so I don't know if it would change to the plate-equivalent there. :D
I had a couple of pieces on my warrior, so I copied her over. It stays mail, gains agility stats, and remains soulbound.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Thanks for the info, Kalli. I'm sorry to hear about that. :(

(Re: The Mask)

It's always been soulbound, transmoggable, and cloth. I have it on Kura, and I was keeping it in the hopes it would turn from 'cloth' to 'Cosmetic', actually. :D