Digital and hard copy - reimbursed price?!?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Digital and hard copy - reimbursed price?!?

Unread post by Wain »

The following comments are of uncertain correctness. Buy the digital edition at risk to your own bank account :)

On the panel I think Tom Chilton just said that you can buy the digital edition now, so you can get the benefits early, but then when the physical copy finally comes out that if you want that you can buy it then contact customer support and they'll reimburse you the difference between them! So you can have early access now and then the physical goodies later without having to pay fully double. They also said it's been possible for the past couple of expansions.

Did I understand that correctly?!?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Digital and hard copy - reimbursed price?!?

Unread post by Vephriel »

I perked up at that question too and I still don't feel I quite understand either?

That's what it sounded like to me, but I'm not sure and I don't want to buy until I know for certain because I can't afford to buy the expansion twice. But if it's true we'll get a full reimbursement I'll absolutely buy the digital preorder so I can get my mount and minipet and early access.

I'm in that boat myself since I love owning the physical CE box, but it also kinda sucks having to wait while everyone else gets stuff early.
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

I believe I heard that last expac. That you had to contact customer service after getting the physical copy. Because the separate game keys prove you bought both.

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I heard the question. I was watching but the answer was sort of half played off. "Well like last time it's like this"

But.. if I'm not mistaken, Last time you didn't get 'reimbursed' for the one.

What they did, was if you preordered the norm.... and you bought the physical CE, that when you contacted the Customer service they upgraded your pre-order to CE, and gave you a GAME CODE

That you could do with what you wanted. I.E. Give to a friend, or sell. As if you were selling a normal version of the box game.

Which is NOT The same thing as full reimbursement. It's sort of switching the pre-order to a CE edition and lettin you have the second game code to try and recap the price yourself on your own, but selling a code for the game, when people can just walk into any store and buy it new.. is going to be tough.

So if it's like it was 'last time' and I'm not mistaken... that might not be what we 'want'.

If it --is-- reimbursement... that'd be one thing. I'd pre-order too. I'd like the perks of pre-order, and when my CE comes in if I could contact them and they'd switch my account to CE, and give me the difference in "Months of membership/subscription" or something. That'd be fine. I'd totally do that... I just don't think that's what was actually discribed. It seemed more "Yeah sure. Just like last time" and last time was as I describe above.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Mmm, that's what I was concerned about as well Pepsi since that's how I remembered the previous expansions going. I'm going to wait and hopefully they'll clarify it. I'd be thrilled if they did offer a reimbursement, but if not I'll just suck it up and wait for my physical copy. ;-;
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Yeah me too. Chances are I'll just suck it up and wait for the physical copy anyway. And not risk it. CE editions aren't cheep. I want the book and all the stuff.

Right now the only thing that the preorder gets you is the Demon hunters 7 days early right? And the access to the 100 bump 'now' vs when legion comes out?

I can wait a week for demon hunters. Starting areas at launch are so full they're no fun anyway.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I just posted on this existing customer service thread for clarity:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... 0?page=1#6

No CS person has responded yet, but hopefully there will be an official response.

To save you looking right now, what I posted was:
For clarity, the transcript of what was said:
Q (woman with green hair tips):
Hi. I'm wondering what do I do if I want both early access via a pre-order and the physical Collector's Edition?

A (Tom Chilton):
Alright, definitely great question. So, we've actually supported this in the last few expansions, and what you can do is you can pre-order using the digital and you can use that, and then once you actually get your physical Collector's Edition you can contact customer service and essentially they'll be able to switch it out for you at that point and get you kind of the difference.
What I initially got from this was I could buy both but only end up paying for the most expensive one, as customer service would reimburse the difference. However I see it can be interpreted different ways. We would really need official CS clarification.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Well here's hoping. I'd like to pre order and get the bennie's but won't risk my hard copy with book and all the stuff in it.