More BM artifact variants

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: More BM artifact variants

Unread post by Slickrock »

yaginoashi wrote:I don't get how the bm artifact is going to be a gun lol .....we are not riding down foxes across the old English Moore.. I think our artifact should maybe be a special pet or some sort of pet taming device... Just an opinion tho
You haven't been to Gilneas, have you.. ;D

But I don't think the game is ready for us to do nothing but summon pets to attack, and the tanks would not appreciate it either...
Account has been closed at user's request.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

My biggest problem is the gun's lore (Mimiron really for BM Hunters???) and the fact that it looks like every other green/blue gun already in the game. I have TBC guns with more detail and that look better. The Artifact weapons for Hunters should look just as flashy and cool as the other classes, instead the thought was "Lets add a scope". :| :mrgreen:

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

yaginoashi wrote:. I think our artifact should maybe be a special pet or some sort of pet taming device... Just an opinion tho
Well the BM artifact is techno-magic... techno-magic-pet could work. BM artifact could be...

Of course if you didnt like this pet skin, you could just transmog it to a devilsaur or whatever.

OK this is getting weird
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Slickrock wrote:But I don't think the game is ready for us to do nothing but summon pets to attack, and the tanks would not appreciate it either...
Funny you're saying that, considering that it's EXACTLY what Demonology Warlocks are going to do in Legion according to their preview. And yes some tanks are already not looking forward to that. :lol:
ImageImage
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

huh, already two class changes in legion that I'm not impressed with: my BM weapon being a gun (completely stupid idea), and my Shadow Priest's weapon being a dagger (a dagger? really?).

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Sukurachi wrote:Shadow Priest's weapon being a dagger (a dagger? really?).
Wow really?....I agree thats awful ><

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I dunno, it seems kind of fitting that a dark priest would have a dagger. Don't they use it for cutting out hearts and stuff? ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

They do Wain, and it's not just any dagger, but one created from an Old God too!
Shadow - Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire
This terrifying dagger was made from the claw of an Old God eons ago, and dark priests used it for ritual sacrifices during the height of the Black Empire. After the fall of the Old Gods, Xal'atath was hidden away by cults. It has surfaced from time to time over the course of history, inevitably associated with some horrific ritual or disaster. The blade has a will of its own: it uses powerful Void energies and mind magics to warp everything around it for some nefarious purpose.
Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19942704/
ImageImage
Slickrock

Sukurachi wrote:huh, already two class changes in legion that I'm not impressed with: my BM weapon being a gun (completely stupid idea), and my Shadow Priest's weapon being a dagger (a dagger? really?).
hard to find a good staff for shadowform anyway...
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Sukurachi wrote:huh, already two class changes in legion that I'm not impressed with: my BM weapon being a gun (completely stupid idea), and my Shadow Priest's weapon being a dagger (a dagger? really?).
What's wrong with a dagger? Personally, I feel it's the most fitting weapon for a shadow priest, especially now that they've gone the "Old God cultist" route.
Slickrock

Equeon wrote:
What's wrong with a dagger? Personally, I feel it's the most fitting weapon for a shadow priest, especially now that they've gone the "Old God cultist" route.
Indeed.. something different...
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Equeon wrote:
What's wrong with a dagger? Well, I don't like it.

We're all emitting opinions here on what we like and dislike. I happen to prefer my Priest with a staff.

Daggers to me have always been Rogue weapons, ever since vanilla.

A priest doesn't get up close and personal enough to actually USE a dagger. That's what I find silly about giving them a dagger as a class weapon.

And lovely, now a one-handed dagger, means that S.Priests will have to find a suitable off-hand to go with that.

They could have just as easily gone "old god cultist" with a staff. Or even a wand, hell. Wands have become entirely pointless since Draenor.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Slickrock

Sukurachi wrote:
Equeon wrote:
And lovely, now a one-handed dagger, means that S.Priests will have to find a suitable off-hand to go with that.
Artifacts will come with a "built-in" offhand. They haven't shown more of how that will work yet.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Actually I had kind of assumed that dark version of naaru-on-a-stick was for shadow priests, but I guess it's just an appearance variant of the regular artifact for Holy, or whoever uses that one.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Sukurachi wrote: What's wrong with a dagger? Well, I don't like it.

We're all emitting opinions here on what we like and dislike. I happen to prefer my Priest with a staff.

A priest doesn't get up close and personal enough to actually USE a dagger. That's what I find silly about giving them a dagger as a class weapon.
Yeah I'm of the same opinion. Besides a staff the only other weapon my priest has used is a mace, and its usually a really decorative one (not a bash you over the noggan one). Daggers are abit too stabby stabby to go with a caster...i even find swords on warlocks abit of a stretch.

They could of done a stave like ol Benediction that shifts depending on your spec - from the dark to the light. I would LOVE to see a new Bene in game....still remember helping hubby with his in vanilla. :D

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I might be the only person here who likes getting a gun for BM. But then, I've always preferred guns on Rhyela, even though she's a night elf. In my head, she's always been a bit of an outcast, more at home in a tavern quaffing ale than in a forest playing with bunnies. I've had bows on her out of necessity, but my preference has always been guns (especially when they had that BANG!).

That being said, I find the designs of these a tad underwhelming. The top two in the previous pictures were okay, but the others don't look any better or different than guns we've had in the past few expansions. I hope they add some more designs later.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Slickrock

Rhyela wrote:I might be the only person here who likes getting a gun for BM. But then, I've always preferred guns on Rhyela, even though she's a night elf. In my head, she's always been a bit of an outcast, more at home in a tavern quaffing ale than in a forest playing with bunnies. I've had bows on her out of necessity, but my preference has always been guns (especially when they had that BANG!).

That being said, I find the designs of these a tad underwhelming. The top two in the previous pictures were okay, but the others don't look any better or different than guns we've had in the past few expansions. I hope they add some more designs later.
I'm also in favor of the guns, but I'll admit it's more racially based. Dwarf + gun makes sense, regardless of spec.

Agree on your second point... there's a reason my main still tmogs to Ulduar guns.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Castile wrote:
Sukurachi wrote: What's wrong with a dagger? Well, I don't like it.

Yeah I'm of the same opinion. Besides a staff the only other weapon my priest has used is a mace, and its usually a really decorative one (not a bash you over the noggan one). Daggers are abit too stabby stabby to go with a caster...i even find swords on warlocks abit of a stretch.

They could of done a stave like ol Benediction that shifts depending on your spec - from the dark to the light. I would LOVE to see a new Bene in game....still remember helping hubby with his in vanilla. :D
I always thought of the caster daggers being like the ritual knives used in various occult practices. Not ever used for actual cutting but for directing energy.
For example, the classic "Athame" used by Wiccans: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athame

But I understand the feeling of having a head cannon for your class. If my engineer's artifact was a bow, I'd be disappointed (I am still a bit disappointed by the gun designs - I'll probably end up mogging over it).
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Like some others, I'm not really overwhelmed with the gun designs. I guess the second version of it would work for a BM hunter in that the laser pointer could be use to direct our pets. ("No, Mr. Whiskers! Attack THAT Gnome over there!") I'm one of those folks who actually prefers guns to bows and crossbows, even if a bow'd probably match my Tauren hunters theme-wise. Still, I'll probably be transmogging over the artifact with my main's Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle. My other hunters who don't have that...I dunno. I'll probably find a gun model I do prefer.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Boven wrote:Still, I'll probably be transmogging over the artifact with my main's Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle. My other hunters who don't have that...I dunno. I'll probably find a gun model I do prefer.
remember that with Transmog 2.0 ALL your toons will have access to that item if you have it.
:)

"Step on no pets!"