More BM artifact variants

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Re: More BM artifact variants

Unread post by Daranara »

While I agree I really do like all of the bow options, I also kind of dig the eagle-eye gun they've got there. But then again, my hunter's already built her own guns a thousand times, so I am down with the gun in general, BM or no.

But gosh all those bows sure are pretty. A shame I'm not into MM.

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I think they could honestly solve the problem with hunters if they let us choose which weap we wanted. They let us Tmog bows over guns and guns over bows now. Why not give us the option if we wanna go bow or gun, then 'lock us in' like some have suggested?

On the one hand it'd solve our problems and most of us would STFU.. on the other hand.... other classes might all want to 'pick' their weapons then and they'd be stuck.

Still as my BM is and always has been my main, from Vanillia... I don't really care about that. lol.

It might be easier if the guns didn't look like green quest rewards from Wrath too... I mean I have what.. 3.. 4 "Elek guns" already that are more BA and detailed that that one. And the standard just looks like an Elek trunk crossed with the current engineering gun.

They lack the 'Epic' and gravitas other artifacts have. Can you really line that gun (Any of them) Up beside the Doomhammer or Ashbringer??

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:They lack the 'Epic' and gravitas other artifacts have. Can you really line that gun (Any of them) Up beside the Doomhammer or Ashbringer??
Well, beyond the whole gun-hate thing here... NONE of the weapon designs for us have been inspiring in a long time... as I said previously, there's a reason I still transmog to Ulduar guns.

The Eagle-Eye gun is pretty nice, but it certainly doesn't say artifact.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

They've hinted that some artifacts may have special effects or even change certain spells. Hopefully the gun does something along those lines. I don't mind it actually, but I agree it's lacking a bit in the "artifacty" department. That's why I'm hoping it has fancy effects tied to it.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I'm a BM BOW hunter. To say I'm not happy being stuck with a gun is a serious understatement. :/ I've used inferior bows and passed on gun upgrades simply because it's a gun (this was before xmog).
Araucaria
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Araucaria »

Maybe if they made them somehow less noisy (your own pets could get scared, as most animals and possible game could) and more beast-themed models like the one with the cobra, the artifact would be appreciated more. Right now, it doesn't really fit with the fantasy in some cases, but with more possibilities to choose, it would certainly fit.
Maybe they could make a bow variation for this one, and a gun for MM too?
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Araucaria wrote:Maybe if they made them somehow less noisy (your own pets could get scared, as most animals and possible game could) and more beast-themed models like the one with the cobra, the artifact would be appreciated more. Right now, it doesn't really fit with the fantasy in some cases, but with more possibilities to choose, it would certainly fit.
Maybe they could make a bow variation for this one, and a gun for MM too?
Er, I don't think that our pets being frightened by guns is really a possibility at this point. That's the least of our pets' worries in the Warcraft universe.

"Oh, that heartless Mimiron! Couldn't he think to put a silencer on this gun?! My poor Fluffy runs to whimper under his bed whenever I fire it!"

<sends Fluffy the wolf to bite at the legs of a massive infernal currently decimating ranks of soldiers, pulsing with demonic fire>
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Didn't they ditch the gun noise awhile ago anyway? I never use them but I'm pretty sure that happened?

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

Castile wrote:Didn't they ditch the gun noise awhile ago anyway? I never use them but I'm pretty sure that happened?
They changed the gun sound effect, but there still is one. The new one's not as annoying.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Castile wrote:Didn't they ditch the gun noise awhile ago anyway? I never use them but I'm pretty sure that happened?
They did indeed, the guns are very quiet now. I've heard a lot of complaints that they sound like staplers... personally, I like the quieter sounds.

I think it would be nice if more weapons had unique sounds, so you could choose to have softer or louder weapon noises.
Slickrock

Somehow I feel this thread is going to last 3 years... the gun hate is too strong.

Despite guns being part of the BM lore.. if it wasn't for the whole Dark Ranger thing, I'd say we petition Blizz to change the weapons between MM and BM.. and the the petless gun owners could go hide someplace for the remainder of Legion..
Slickrock

Equeon wrote:
They did indeed, the guns are very quiet now. I've heard a lot of complaints that they sound like staplers... personally, I like the quieter sounds.

I think it would be nice if more weapons had unique sounds, so you could choose to have softer or louder weapon noises.
There are a few guns that certainly should have some different sounds.. zaps and such.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Slickrock wrote:
Equeon wrote:

There are a few guns that certainly should have some different sounds.. zaps and such.
Yup, that's why I said more. Weapons should feature more unique sounds like the Amber Sprayer or the CM gun. (drools sadly)
Even different levels of volume variation for gun noises would be great.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

A better look at some of the gun models. At least this one isn't terrible, I can live with it, but it doesn't strike me as particularly epic, just a cool gun I might get in a dungeon or raid and use for a bit.

Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

The second model is nice, I'd use that one. The rest are just meh though. I don't hate guns - I use them about 50% of the time. But these models are largely unimpressive to me.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

More: https://www.wowhead.com/news=250059/leg ... itanstrike

The cobra gun looks like it could be some kind of gun/crossbow/bolt slinger/hybrid thing? Hard to say until we can see it in 3D.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The cobra gun is so neat in concept but man, it just does not appeal to me at all in design.
Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

I'm fine with using a gun. I think my issue it just seems a bit lackluster of a design, especially since this gun is supposed to be crafted by the titan Mimmeron. Knowing that I kinda expected it to you know be something of a big crazy mechanical contraption, like his ulduar creations. Out of all the models we seen so far the cobrashot is the only one I like.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I'm really really really really underwhelmed with Titanstrike design thus far.