More BM artifact variants

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

More BM artifact variants

Unread post by Equeon »

The panel today revealed many new models for artifacts, including the BM gun:

Personally, I'm still disappointed BM gets stuck with a gun, but if I can unlock that sweet crossbow-like model at the bottom there, I'll be happy. Close-up of "Cobrashot" because it's awesome.

What do you all think?

(Edited: larger pics, thanks to Pepsi Jedi and Bendak!)
Last edited by Equeon on Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Re: More BM artifact variants

Unread post by Jelani »

I agree, Im disappointed being stuck with a gun, but if that last version isnt hard to get...I'll be using that..

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Mm, I'm not personally drawn to any of the gun versions we've seen so far. That purple one is alright and I might use it for a time just on principle, but I still have other weapons I far prefer to it. I'm a little disappointed that I don't like the BM artifact very much. I can transmog over it at least, but that also takes away a lot of the incentive for me to work toward unlocking any of the variation options. Alas, they have no way of pleasing everyone with this kind of thing. It just would have been a lot more fun to legitimately want to work toward your artifact. (again totally personal preference on this, I don't think it's terrible, it's just not to my tastes)
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Bit of a larger pic.

I don't like the gun for BM Either. I don't 'mind' guns, though I'd rather have a bow, but I don't like THESE guns. The second one isn't horrible but it's not great either. They look like elephant trunks.

And like the above, it's going to seriously cut back on my urge/want to really work on the artifact weapon, if I'm going to transmog over it.

There 'are' color options/variations for each but you have to unlock those too, a green one to match my gear won't be as bad, but if you don't like the model, slapping some paint on it, won't fix it.

I'd much prefer the bows.

But oh well. We'll see how it turns out. I've seen absolutely NOTHING positive said about Bm's gun options. Maybe they'll spruce them up a bit before launch. It'sn ot like the spear for survial that some love and some hate. I've yet to see anyone, over 100s of posts that like the BM guns.

Vephriel

Hrkkk seeing those bow models just makes me even more envious of the other specs. They're SO much more awesome than the guns. ;A;
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Just a note, if it's not clear. The bows are on the 'right' of that pic. The left are glaives for demon hunters.

Vephriel

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Just a note, if it's not clear. The bows are on the 'right' of that pic. The left are glaives for demon hunters.
I admit for a split second I had thought they were bow alternatives :lol: but then I noticed the horns and realized. My comment still stands though, I prefer those bows so much over the guns. And especially imagining the colour variations they'll have.

I am bummed out about not liking the gun models though because if there's one thing I enjoy doing it's working to unlock things as a bit of a completionist, and having no real reason to unlock all of my artifact appearances is kind of a downer.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I'd rather have Rexxar's axes than those guns. They look so half-assed I'm going to mog a more epic looking bow, rather than look at those on ANY of my characters. Gawd I feel like the person in charge of the Troll Druid cat form also was in charge of the BM artifact. :| :mrgreen:

Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

As much as I like the bows better, I can at least deal with the green/gold version of the gun. Actually looks pretty nice.
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Rawr wrote:I'd rather have Rexxar's axes than those guns. They look so half-assed I'm going to mog a more epic looking bow, rather than look at those on ANY of my characters. Gawd I feel like the person in charge of the Troll Druid cat form also was in charge of the BM artifact. :| :mrgreen:
What's wrong with the troll druid cat form?

Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

I'll be glad I'll finally be able to transmog it to Lohn'goron. CSRs have refused to replace that quest reward for the past four years - finally be able to use it with Legion, though.

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I still have that one.. and like 50 others in my bank, void.. bags.... ugg. I have no space. Legion can't get here quick enough.

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I'm happy to see new options for the gun, but like others, I am still pretty disappointed with being stuck with a gun as my artifact weapon. From the ones that I have seen so far, I am going to have absolutely zero motivation to do anything in regards to getting the unlocked versions of the gun as I'll be transmogging a bow over the darned thing (I very much want to use much stronger language in regards to that thing but am restraining myself).

What gets my goat though is the people say "If you don't like it then go MM'. Um, have you heard the latest news on MM, where they are going to lose their pet while in that spec?:
Most Marksmanship hunters are taking the Lone Wolf talent on live, so the team decided to go ahead and remove the pet in Legion. You can still be ranged with a pet as Beast Mastery.
Sooo not my thing, I play a hunter to play alongside the pets that I've spent hours-days and yes even blasted months of my time trying to catch and tame. Le sigh.

Still personally think that the MM spec should have a gun, as the first thing I think of when I hear 'marksman' is shooting ranges and snipers. Bows can work into that but it is really, really an odd fix.

Bah. I'm just ranting now, ignore all of that. It is what it is now, so just got to go with it. At least we can transmog over things still.

As to the new gun models-I am thankful that they have given us a few options from the look of things that do not have a beast skull on it-that was the biggest complaint I had with the original gun designs we were seeing. As I wow player I do not mind having weapons and gear made from the skins and skulls of things I've killed-but I really hated having beasts, like the ones I spend so much time taming stuck on the weapon of my animal tamer.

Second gun looks best I think, if I do not transmog that is likely what I will stick with, though really, I just hate the guns in game and am likely going to be sticking with the same transmog I am currently using after seeing these. I am going to keep my fingers crossed in hopes that they release some other looks that are a bit more interesting.

Were they supposed to be titan based? Where is the lightning, the big cluncky techno looks and such? The guns we've seen so far all look like variations and versions of Warlords and Pandaria weapons. If they are Titan based, I am hoping that they have more designs they have yet to show us. Because this:
Yeah, not seeing that yet in these designs.
Last edited by Shade on Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I think that Blizz is trying to make MM hunters more akin to a ranger. In that sense, the bow makes more sense than a gun. But even if it makes sense I'm still bummed about the gun being BM's. Maybe if the gun at least looked better .. but as it stands right now they're all pretty boring. Hell, the survival hunter spears are way more beast inspired. They have a spear with a wolf head, among others... Really blizzard?

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Doc Privas »

The fourth one is not bad, but the others...meh. Not impressed by the BM artifacts at all...

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I like the green version, the fifth on the image. The rest are boring and lackluster. I know they're supposedly made by Mimiron or whatever? But come on. They don't need to look like drops from WotLK. Then again, those guns looked better. Sooo...

I'm unimpressed haha..

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I know many artifacts are new, and have new story written just for them. I get that, but this feels so forced. "Techno-magical" made me cringe when I read it for the first time, but thats just my opinion.

What really gets me is the fact they are focusing so much on fantasy, yet a dwarf sharpshooter (MM) using a bow (a Windrunner bow of all things) is one the most fantasy breaking thing I could imagine. And a night elf beast master using a gun? I know they had to lock in the artifact weapon class in order to go forward with this idea, I get that. I just dont understand how a beastmaster using a bow breaks fantasy, but a night elf using a gun doesnt.

I have a feeling were gonna see a bunch of BM hunters transmogging to old weapons, because they have no option for a new bow/xbow model to use.

Maybe this is why transmog is getting its big (glorious) overhaul in Legion as well. :?
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Mrrreeeehhhhhh... yeah. I actually like using a gun because it goes with Kalhoun being an engineer. BUT... I'm just not feeling any of those models. I dunno. Maybe one will grow on me.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

I like the gun because my main is a dwarf and also an engineer. :P But I am seeing a lot of people not happy that it's a gun. All I can say is let's wait and see how it turns out. Some of them could have some really cool animations/effects. I'm also curious if the gun will have any kind of special behavior. They mentioned one of the weapons is sentient and talks to you, and another weapon (one of the warlock ones) has souls that escape from it that you can recapture. Who knows what a titan relic powered gun crafted by Mimiron could do?
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Rawr wrote:I'd rather have Rexxar's axes than those guns. They look so half-assed I'm going to mog a more epic looking bow, rather than look at those on ANY of my characters. Gawd I feel like the person in charge of the Troll Druid cat form also was in charge of the BM artifact. :| :mrgreen:
What's wrong with the troll druid cat form?

Well if you want a list of the major infractions: the back legs are broken (walk and look at the back right) they both fold into themselves the right is worse tho, it wasn't skinned right (braids and chin fur it can be seen most clearly), the braids defy gravity (like they are made with Glue (the hair product)), the belt is painted on, the tusks come out of the throat, it has eye brows (have you ever seen a Troll with eye brows?)

Not a lot of care went into it, and not a lot of care went into the guns. :| :mrgreen: