More BM artifact variants

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: More BM artifact variants

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

So a big part of why I hate a bunch of the artifact styles is that they're a snub weapon and that's really dumb as hell for a -hunter-, as snubs are only accurate within like 10 feet of the shooter at best.

I redid one of the fugly versions with VERY minor edits, and I think you can see how much better even that is.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I was just thinking about the whole bow for MM and gun for BM thing, and I looked up the definition of "marksman".

Technically, a marksman is someone who is proficient with the use of... yes, you guessed it... a gun.

So I will NEVER accept Blizzard's half-arsed "lore" that BM get a gun and MM get a bow.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

My dictionary includes both bows and thrown objects in the definition of marksman. MM spec is like the ranger spec. Bows fit. That being said, both specs should have artwork for both kinds of weapons. There's too much pigeonholing for weapons in Legion. At least old bows and guns can be xmogged. I won't be able to xmog staves over my feral or elemental weapons.