More BM artifact variants

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: More BM artifact variants

Unread post by Acherontia »

Throwing in my two cents, would have much preferred a bow. Can we transmog the legendary weaps? I don't generally like guns and I definitely don't like these guns, for the most part x)
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zk99lScw9Q

MMO Champ posted a video with all of the BM weapons in it, in case people have yet to see this.

In order of the video:

1) Personally, I do not like the base look, its just too bleh.

2) The scoped look (second in the video) is probably the best in my opinion and the one I would use if I was not planning to just transmog the thing. But who knows, it will depend on the outfits that come out what look I use.

3) The short gun with the dagger on it is just... really? Looks like something out of Cataclysm or Warlords.

4) The elekk tusked one is just ridiculous-the barrel is the elekk's snout-I cannot unthink the idea that you are shooting your enemies with dead elekk's snot now....

5) Cobra gun/crossbow? thing is interesting but very very bulky and huge. Looking at it on the model I don't actually see how it is fired?
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Shade wrote: 5) Cobra gun/crossbow? thing is interesting but very very bulky and huge. Looking at it on the model I don't actually see how it is fired?
Yeah, way bigger than I thought it'd be. Seems like there's a large lever/trigger like on old, generic medieval crossbows.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Yeah, the base look seems like it'd be a random green or blue quest item, not something legendary. The scope look is...ok. It still doesn't feel like a legendary tho. It's got some nice color options tho.

The short one with the dagger is just...odd. And again, seems like just a random quest item.

The elekk one is ok. And feels like a step up a bit, in that it looks like a dungeon drop, heh.

The cobra one is probably my fav right now,but not by much and it's not exactly hard to do when the others don't look great. It's way bigger than I was expecting, and seems almost too big, especially with all weight at the end. If they shrunk it a bit, I'd like it more. Maybe it'll look fine on my big male Draenei, but on the human, it looks ridiculous.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

So if you want a specific colour and look... do you HAVE to spec your gun a certain way?
Like does adding (I don't know, just guessing here) agility to your gun turn it blue, but adding attack power makes it green?

Does this mean when you join a group people will know that you "specced" for one stat and decide that you aren't good enough because that's not the stat THEY need in their group?

And what if you like the 2nd look... at some point, you NEED to upgrade it further for improvements. Do you automatically lose that look and must now move to whatever the 3rd look is?

I like the one with the scope in blue.. does that mean I'm going to have to choose my guns upgrades JUST for the colour I want rather than the stats I need?

The whole thing feels half-assed to me.

I'm also (guess I'm repeating myself) really REALLY underwhelmed by the lack of inventiveness that went into the design of the gun. I think they put more work into Don Santos' Famous Hunting Rifle than into these so-called "legendary" weapons.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Sukurachi wrote:So if you want a specific colour and look... do you HAVE to spec your gun a certain way?
Like does adding (I don't know, just guessing here) agility to your gun turn it blue, but adding attack power makes it green?

Does this mean when you join a group people will know that you "specced" for one stat and decide that you aren't good enough because that's not the stat THEY need in their group?

And what if you like the 2nd look... at some point, you NEED to upgrade it further for improvements. Do you automatically lose that look and must now move to whatever the 3rd look is?

I like the one with the scope in blue.. does that mean I'm going to have to choose my guns upgrades JUST for the colour I want rather than the stats I need?

The whole thing feels half-assed to me.

I'm also (guess I'm repeating myself) really REALLY underwhelmed by the lack of inventiveness that went into the design of the gun. I think they put more work into Don Santos' Famous Hunting Rifle than into these so-called "legendary" weapons.
It's entirely cosmetic, I'm guessing the "upgraded" version unlocks when you level the weapon up a certain amount or reach 110 or a combination of both. You unlock different colors and models through different actions, like PvE or PvP milestones.

Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

I'm very moderately less let down by the elekk version, because the smoke coming off it is kinda neat.

The sniper one is still pretty.

The rest are just not that special to me. I honestly really hope Blizz revisits them, especially the short version... how will that even work with the current reloading animations?
Calomel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Calomel »

It's a rail gun! A COBRA RAIL GUN! Yeeeesssss! :headbang: Whatever I need to farm to get that, I'll be working toward it.

Tanin - Troll - Beast Master - Icecrown, US
Currently Hunting: ...for the pacifier...

SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

Because I didn't see it posted anywhere the full-ish lore on titanstrike.
Beastmaster - Titanstrike

A peerless example of techno-magical engineering, the Titanstrike was designed by Keeper Mimiron, a titanic watcher and brilliant inventor. Securely housed in the heart of the rifle, a relic known as the Thunderspark powers the Titanstrike, harnessing the essence of storms and focusing it into concentrated blasts of energy. The rifle's power source can also be credited to Mimiron, who devised it for his comrade, Keeper Thorim, in ages past.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19932655/

Knowing that my opinion is still the same accept... Thorim.. You have a poor sense of style. :evil:
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

And I don't see how any of that has anything to do with beasts in the slightest.

Sighhhh

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Lupen202 wrote:And I don't see how any of that has anything to do with beasts in the slightest.

Sighhhh
I'd think that a beast master, who has experience hunting and probably extensive experience firing a gun (in the eyes of Blizzard's lore) can put a gun that fires LIGHTNING to even greater, deadly use.

Just think of the Storm Peaks. There's that huge titan hole that's SURROUNDED by herds of rhino and proto drakes that prey on them. There are caves full of wolves and jormungar, one used to be a bear den, there are giant eagles that ice-dwarves ride into battle. Storm Peaks seems like a great place for a beast master to roam; what better way to "carry it with you" than a weapon that captures the essence of storms and unleashes primal fury on your enemies?

Especially considering that beast masters seem to be, by far, the least subtle and most rampage-y of the specs. It may not deal with beasts, but it's certainly the best fitting for a lightning-pounding rifle. I love this gun in almost every way, and just about anything I don't love, I like.

We're facing the Burning Legion! I don't think we'd argue about "I like bows more" when you have to have the best of the best. In the eyes of Blizzard, our characters have mastered just about anything they can use, so inexperience shouldn't be an issue.

If warriors can't choose to have a big, brutal axe or a mean, skull-mashing hammer, I don't see why we should be able to choose either. It's the story Blizzard's made, let's give it a chance first. Besides, have you seen female gnome faces? People complained that they "looked too happy" or "smiled too much." Now practically none of the female gnome faces are smiling, they're all, at best, passive or slightly annoyed. Female worgen got turned into bulgy-eyed chihuahuas by similar complaints.
Last edited by PrimalTazza on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

Well I'm thinking blizzs reasoning is this. What spirit beast besides Loque'Nahak was heavily sought after in Wotlk? Skoll, and what zone does Skoll come from? Storm Peaks. And since Skoll was a wolf with an electrical appearance they probably felt it best to tie it in with Thorim having the gun.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

SetsunaChan wrote:Well I'm thinking blizzs reasoning is this. What spirit beast besides Loque'Nahak was heavily sought after in Wotlk? Skoll, and what zone does Skoll come from? Storm Peaks. And since Skoll was a wolf with an electrical appearance they probably felt it best to tie it in with Thorim having the gun.
Now we're getting somewhere! What better way to charge up this shiny gun than to stalk a lightning-beast and bring it down (or tame it) and harness its power? In one of the other threads, I think it was the "new pet models" one, data-mining revealed the name of a beast called Hati, which was supposedly brother to Skoll.

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

SetsunaChan wrote:Because I didn't see it posted anywhere the full-ish lore on titanstrike.
Beastmaster - Titanstrike

A peerless example of techno-magical engineering, the Titanstrike was designed by Keeper Mimiron, a titanic watcher and brilliant inventor. Securely housed in the heart of the rifle, a relic known as the Thunderspark powers the Titanstrike, harnessing the essence of storms and focusing it into concentrated blasts of energy. The rifle's power source can also be credited to Mimiron, who devised it for his comrade, Keeper Thorim, in ages past.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19932655/

Knowing that my opinion is still the same accept... Thorim.. You have a poor sense of style. :evil:
PrimalTazza wrote:
Lupen202 wrote:And I don't see how any of that has anything to do with beasts in the slightest.

Sighhhh
I'd think that a beast master, who has experience hunting and probably extensive experience firing a gun (in the eyes of Blizzard's lore) can put a gun that fires LIGHTNING to even greater, deadly use.

Just think of the Storm Peaks. There's that huge titan hole that's SURROUNDED by herds of rhino and proto drakes that prey on them. There are caves full of wolves and jormungar, one used to be a bear den, there are giant eagles that ice-dwarves ride into battle. Storm Peaks seems like a great place for a beast master to roam; what better way to "carry it with you" than a weapon that captures the essence of storms and unleashes primal fury on your enemies?

Especially considering that beast masters seem to be, by far, the least subtle and most rampage-y of the specs. It may not deal with beasts, but it's certainly the best fitting for a lightning-pounding rifle. I love this gun in almost every way, and just about anything I don't love, I like.

We're facing the Burning Legion! I don't think we'd argue about "I like bows more" when you have to have the best of the best. In the eyes of Blizzard, our characters have mastered just about anything they can use, so inexperience shouldn't be an issue.

If warriors can't choose to have a big, brutal axe or a mean, skull-mashing hammer, I don't see why we should be able to choose either. It's the story Blizzard's made, let's give it a chance first. Besides, have you seen female gnome faces? People complained that they "looked too happy" or "smiled too much." Now practically none of the female gnome faces are smiling, they're all, at best, passive or slightly annoyed. Female worgen got turned into bulgy-eyed chihuahuas by similar complaints.

But see here is the things-most all of the versions of this gun look like green drops and some blue/purple drops from previous content like Cata, Pandaria and WoD.

There is really NOTHING about this gun that looks like "harnessing the essence of storms and focusing it into concentrated blasts of energy", nor does it look like anything we've seen in Uldum that was constructed by Mimiron previously.

Someone quoted above said: "captures the essence of storms and unleashes primal fury on your enemies?" and "lightning-pounding rifle", but where is that in the design?

I'm sorry I can't see anything from that description in the designs we are seeing. Instead we have:

1) something that looks like a green drop-sleek and a bit pretty but not anything that grand
2) something that looks like a green upgraded the same way our Wod Gun was
3) something that looks like a green drop from Cata and on (Baleful Rifle, Primal Gladiator Rifle, Wild Gladiator Rifle I am looking at you)
4) something that looks a bit like some of the blues and purples from WoTLK and Cata (Hemet's Trophy Gun, Dragonsmaw Blaster)
5) and I admit the last is unique-but I don't see lightning and 'Titan' in its design either.

First my biggest complaint on the gun was that hey, it is a gun and that is not my character's head cannon. But with the description that they have given the gun, I am just confused now because the versions of it we are seeing do not seem to match it at all. Or am I just alone in that confusion?

To me it does not seem to fit the spec of BM first, but then after that, it does not seem to fit the description that Blizz is giving it.

And sorry if I am rambling. I just don't know what to make of this gun at all.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

The only way I can really think of to make it scream "lightning" at you is to make it look like Voice of the Quilen from Throne of Thunder. While I'm sure people like big, bossy guns like that, they're a bit much and don't look like a sleek design you'd find in the hands of a hunter. This design is probably to make the gun familiar and not too "out there," else it'd be a big, loud Core Marksman Rifle, Recoilless Rocket Ripper, Wrathfire Hand Cannon, Nerubian Conqueror or the big, steam-spewing guns that are actually FROM Ulduar. There's a shiny bit behind the barrel/part of the receiver, that seems to be the thunderspark that powers the weapon.

It's either a rail gun or it focuses bolts of lightning down the barrel.

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Titanstrike lore and making it a BM's weapon is the most forced thing ever. The lore surrounds it feels horrible, the design is the worst of all artifacts.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Just throwing this out there but: Giant's Bane, has smoke coming out of it, blinking lights, glowy stuff, and a freaking sparkler, comes from Ulduar. Shouldn't we have something equal to, if not, better looking than that as our Artifact? If I do play my favorite spec I will be mogging the Artifact. :mrgreen:

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

MMO Has images and video's of the Druid's new Feral and Guardian "Artifact weapons". I.E. they get like 5 new forms in 5 colors each. From super spectral saber cats, to tree cats, to giant stone bears to flaming demon bears.

.... If anyone's wondering why BM Got saddled with guns that look lame and like they were green drops from Wrath or before.... well.. I'm not going to say it's 'because' of the druid's new forms, but look at those AMAZING Forms and think about how long each one of those took.. and look at our lame ass guns....

*Grumbles*

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:MMO Has images and video's of the Druid's new Feral and Guardian "Artifact weapons". I.E. they get like 5 new forms in 5 colors each. From super spectral saber cats, to tree cats, to giant stone bears to flaming demon bears.

.... If anyone's wondering why BM Got saddled with guns that look lame and like they were green drops from Wrath or before.... well.. I'm not going to say it's 'because' of the druid's new forms, but look at those AMAZING Forms and think about how long each one of those took.. and look at our lame ass guns....

*Grumbles*
I just saw those and thought they were badass! Very very cool. But then my second thought was exactly what you said...is that why we didn't get jack for decent looking weapons? Too busy with all those druid forms they couldn't spend any time to make ours look cool? :(
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I agree they ARE awesome.. It's enough toi make me wanna level a new druid. But.. ouch. The BM pain.