So.. Broken Shore?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

So.. Broken Shore?

Unread post by Shade »

Didn't see anyone talking about this yet.
The Broken Shore has a 20 Alliance and 20 Horde (40 Player) scenario that begins right after the cinematic.
Sooo.. what does this little gem here mean?

1) Both Alliance and Horde players in the same instance working together throughout the raid?
-How will this work? Will we be able to talk to each other or is it just like with world bosses, fighting alongside and getting credit but no interaction? Or will they need to work together, horde tanks and alliance tanks having to off tank each other etc?

2) Horde in one wing, Alliance in another wing of the instance and each has to overcome their own set of objectives?

3) We see the big faction leaders of both factions working together but the players only get to work with our own faction?

4) Other thoughts?

Personally I hope it is a factor of we have to work together for this instance. We've had things where the world has "come together" to put down the enemy and so forth, but those were all done with each group working by themselves really. I never felt that we were actually unified against a common enemy at all.

The cinematic and the wording of the description makes me lean towards the first option-and I think it would be freaking amazing to actively team up with the other side, be able to communicate and have to put aside our differences to deal with this threat for now... and when it is all over turn on each other and try to finish the fight between us while the other side is still panting from all the work that we put in. Would be freaking amazing and would really churn up the war feeling between the factions. "Oh you worked with us but then betrayed us' type thing, you know?

Thoughts or ideas on this?

And has someone posted about this already elsewhere? I didn't see it yet and its one of the things I'm the most excited about.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: So.. Broken Shore?

Unread post by Quiv »

you've raised good questions about it. i had a lot of questions like this myself, how would it work in practice? there seems to be even less war between factions in Legion as we focus on the common enemy. i have a feeling they arent ready to blend the faction lines yet, so i imagine its gonna be two separate 20 man raids in the same instance. who knows tho!

the main thing that worried me most about the 40 man scenario is later in the expansion. when im levelling alts, is my levelling experience halted while i wait for this intro experience queue to fill up? sure its cross faction, which could speed it up a little, but this scenario is a one-time-per-character thing, not like molten core which was repeatedly queued into. 40 people is a lot to fill. makes me wonder how thats gonna work in practice. hard to speculate since its so novel.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, I wondered about that too, but I'm sure they've thought of it. I expect it will be set to scale, or you get extra NPCs or something.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain got my concern exactly right. Ion did an interview that addressed my concern about filling it in the future. Turns out it scales completely from 1 - 40, and will have NPCs to retain the epic feel.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

New information about the pre-launch event:

- The event will “last for weeks”
- Max level content
- The 40-person scenario talked about at BlizzCon is part of the pre-launch event
- It will be spread around several zones in the Eastern Kingdom and Kalimdor
- Legion Citadels will fall from the sky and embed themselves in the ground, monsters streaming out. We’ll have to deal with them.
- There will be quests to clear up the zone, going to take “the whole zone” to come together

A preview of the invading Legion force at Sentinel Hill

Legion SPACESHIPS?! :o Now I'm intimidated.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

a bit "World of Starcraft", no?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Sounds very Wrath and the ziguarts event to me. Hope we get some cool xmog armour like that event.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Takanuka »

I'm gonna assume he spaceships I see in that are piloted by either the Eredar from Argus or the Naztherims or a new intelligent demon race of the Burning Legion. Just doesn't quite fit a demon invasion seems more like a gray alien invasion.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I think they look amazing and really sinister. A bit like the Imperial Star Destroyers were in Star Wars.

I wonder if we'll get to go in one. Might make a cool instance.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

I'm guessing option 2.

I'm on a PVP server and the population there never comes together for the greater good. :roll:
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Equeon wrote:

Legion SPACESHIPS?! :o Now I'm intimidated.

CARRIER HAS ARRIVED.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com